Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was driving over to the hospital this morning and heard a new song on the radio from my dear friend that I actually liked. Now I am convinced that I have PCBS... Post Covid Brain Syndrome. 😐

You missed your chance.  Taylor Swift gave birth to 9 puppies, and they were all put up for adoption.  

https://www.newsweek.com/rescue-dog-named-taylor-swift-gives-birth-9-puppies-all-given-song-names-1778893

Don’t know if Jade would have got along with any of them, though. 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I have you beat by just a few :

Barbra Streisand at the Hollywood Bowl

Céline Dion at Caesars Palace LV 

Wayne Newton…. Very bad 

Michael Bolton 

I’d rather sit through a five hour Wagner opera than listen to and watch that Rihana Super Bowl half time show. 

We would love to see Barbara Streisand . One of the more entertaining shows we saw was Bette Milder . Left off Tom Petty and Paul Simon who we saw with Dylan.

Doubt most people ever saw our two favorite Texas singers Jerry Jeff Walker woo passed recently and Ray Wylie Hubbard.

• Like 1

So my list of concerts is long and I may have forgotten a few.

Paul Revere and the Raiders (first concert and saw them 4 times)

Deep Purple (2x)

Emerson, Lake and Palmer 

Pink Floyd

Asleep at the Wheel

Jethro Tull

The James Gang

Black Oak Arkansas

Chase

Chicago

Blood Sweat and Tears

Earth Wind and Fire (4x)

Chaka Chan

Bloodstone

Commodores with Lionel Ritchie

Todd Rundgren

Maynard Ferguson Big Band

Buddy Rich Big Band

Count Basie Big Band

Billy Cobham

Par Metheny

Gary Burton

John Scofield

Porcupine Tree

Peter Gabriel

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, George C said:

We would love to see Barbara Streisand . One of the more entertaining shows we saw was Bette Milder . Left off Tom Petty and Paul Simon who we saw with Dylan.

Doubt most people ever saw our two favorite Texas singers Jerry Jeff Walker woo passed recently and Ray Wylie Hubbard.

And , I left off and don’t know if it qualifies as a concert was Renée Fleming in recital at the Los Angeles concert hall.  I saw Bette Midler in LV however no singing . 

Barbra Streisand was great when she was singing but too much talking and she brought on her son and sister.  She featured a photo of her mom on the large screens so basically she brought her family along. 

• Like 3

Sometimes I listen to "The Carpenters" songs and get ferklempt hearing "Yesterday Once More"

All my best memories
Come back clearly to me
Some can even make me cry.
Just like before
It's yesterday once more.

Songs can do that to me.  Transport me to a time long ago when life was so simple.

• Like 11

We saw a lot of performers in Vegas but Elvis was the standout.  Wayne Newton was still very good and young when we saw him.  Bobby Darrin was probably one of the best we have seen.  So many good shows and so inexpensive!  My favorite, Tim McGraw, we saw in New Jersey at the Arts Garden. I could just look at him, he does t need to sing!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's too hard to answer my #1 concert.    I have seen Grateful Dead over 100 shows, Led Zeppelin a couple of times, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, CSN&Y, Meatloaf, Tom Petty, several others will probably pop into my mind later tonight but I guess one of favorite shows was Billy Joel and Elton John.    I have seen both of them individually but when they performed together it was outstanding.

I am surprised it took this long before Pink Floyd is mentioned.  Great music and a great light show. 

Like others hard to say who was best but here are a few that did great that I haven't noticed mentioned. 

Jethro Tull

Yes

Santana

Jeff Beck

Todd Rundgren 

What was your first concert.  

Mine was Jefferson Airplane at the Akron Rubber Bowl.  It was also my first and last experience with tear gas. 

Grace Slick and guitarist Paul Kanter were arrested after the concert.  An interesting first concert experience. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Peter Gabriel

"Solsbury Hill" is one of my all-time faves

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sometimes I listen to "The Carpenters" songs and get ferklempt hearing "Yesterday Once More"

IMO On the list for best voices in music, Karen Carpenter is at the top of the list

• Like 8

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Adding to the concerts discussion.   I think the last one we went to was Paul McCartney, and it was one of the best.  It was an amazing show.

We saw him a few years ago in Little Rock.  Most concerts singers usually take a break while others play on.  What impressed me is he never took a break. Great performance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

"Solsbury Hill" is one of my all-time faves

IMO On the list for best voices in music, Karen Carpenter is at the top of the list

I keep forgetting some of the best concerts we recently saw Herb Albert a couple of times , what I find interesting is he is worth almost a billion dollars and still tours with his wife who was lead singer for Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66. Karen Carpenter signed with his record label and he talked on what a tragedy her death was . Many others on our cruises including Rita Coolidge and Pablo Cruise talked about how great he was helping them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We saw him a few years ago in Little Rock.  Most concerts singers usually take a break while others play on.  What impressed me is he never took a break. Great performance. 

No break impressed me too.  He went nonstop, start to finish.  Not bad for an old guy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am surprised it took this long before Pink Floyd is mentioned.  Great music and a great light show. 

Like others hard to say who was best but here are a few that did great that I haven't noticed mentioned. 

Jethro Tull

Yes

Santana

Jeff Beck

Todd Rundgren 

Mine was Jefferson Airplane at the Akron Rubber Bowl.  It was also my first and last experience with tear gas. 

Grace Slick and guitarist Paul Kanter were arrested after the concert.  An interesting first concert experience. 

Great list. I forgot to add Yes to my list I’ve seen them twice. I wish I could have seen Santana.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is on my list of regret I missed.  I wish I would of had the opportunity to see Jimi Hendrix but he passed away two years before I started going to concerts.

Just a little before my time as well...I think any list of greatest guitar players of all time starts in some order with Andres Segovia, Chet Atkins, and Hendrix.

My hometown's claim to fame...

WARENjimihendrix01.jpg.2e1cfd6b3112df7f72a76d53da3eaf54.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great list. I forgot to add Yes to my list I’ve seen them twice. I wish I could have seen Santana.

We saw Santana who opened for Dylan also Merle Haggard who opened for Dylan, our cruise next month has Rick Wakeman from Yes, Santana is still touring . I might find my program from Fillmore East and have John Lodge from Moody Blues sign it , have lots of autograph albums and CDs from these cruises. He spent lots of time in suite lounge, cool seeing the artist there and suite restaurant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have been to 1 concert.  It was in the 70s and was the Beach Boys.  

The Beach Boys and Jan & Dean music brings back great memories of my sister.  She had so many of their albums.  In the summer, as we drove to Lake Erie we would hear their music. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We went to see Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Publix parking lot in Windemere last night.

Had dinner at Piesano's in that area.. Great service, awful food. (I know it's subjective, so not discouraging anyone).

Sharon and I, with our cruise friends, sat in Pecos Bill while the others went out to enjoy them. 

Btw, thanks for having them turn the temperature up! I loved the warm sun. 

A few days ago I thought I got a spam call that Iissed.  It was a call from the Orange County BBC Government. After noticing a few things I am guessing my "emergency call" must of got pushed while on a ride. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I have been to 1 concert.  It was in the 70s and was the Beach Boys.  

I'm a big Beach Boys fan even though their peak years were a few years "before my time". I can probably credit my older siblings who played their albums when i was a mere pre-school child, But their music is still the "quintessential" summer music. I saw them several times in the late 1980's and while the first concert was pretty good, let's just say they..and their voices.... did not age very well in the later concerts.

Speaking of bands before my times, one of my first concerts was a 1986 20th anniversary tour featuring The Monkees, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, Herman's Hermits and the Grass Roots. I became a fan of The Monkees while watching reruns of their silly sitcoms in the mid-1970's, long after they broken up. I expected all the fans to be at least twice my age and was pleasantly surprised when a good majority were around my age. Apparently they all watched the show in their childhood as well. 

• Like 4

As long as we are discussing concerts, has anyone watched "Trainwreck: Woodstock 99" on Netflix? 

For some reason, I don't remember this happening. I guess working in IT, I was probably busy saving the world from the Y2K Computer Crash non-event that was going to usher in the end of the world. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes it's near. There is a big candy store next to where I was.  The Dumbo ride is near and right out front was some kind of water spraying all over an area.  Some of the kids (not ours) chose to to get soaked. 

Thankfully Owen wasn’t a fan unless it was really hot.

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

No Shoes Radio is a good one.  Classic Rewind is my go to

For sure. In my direct tune listing 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I became a fan of The Monkees while watching reruns of their silly sitcoms in the mid-1970's, long after they broken up. I expected all the fans to be at least twice my age and was pleasantly surprised when a good majority were around my age. Apparently they all watched the show in their childhood as well. 

I also was a huge Monkees fan. I had all their albums. I wish I could have seen them live. I first got turned onto Paul Revere and the Raiders after seeing them on the tv show “Where the Action Is.”

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Jethro Tull

Yes

Santana

Jeff Beck

Todd Rundgren 

Used to go see the Pink Floyd laser show at the Carnegie Science Center when I was in high school.  I think they still have them.  Really good show.

My parents took me to Phil Collins concert when I was young - that was technically my first concert.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

As long as we are discussing concerts, has anyone watched "Trainwreck: Woodstock 99" on Netflix? 

For some reason, I don't remember this happening. I guess working in IT, I was probably busy saving the world from the Y2K Computer Crash non-event that was going to usher in the end of the world. 😉

Yes - interesting documentary.  Such a shame that event turned into such a disaster.

• Like 1

After a little over an hour to get to the gate I can relax.  We were directed down a hallway and I thought, this is a long line. 

image.thumb.png.44c6e5bbd3dec22e65c21dfd7e047029.png

Then when we get to the end of the hallway we turn left down another hallway and then left down another hallway where there was a 6 lane weave. 

image.thumb.png.87c8923e7f3466fea12d1a2ed74639b1.png

This is where we were headed. 😂 

image.thumb.png.c9988b1b89624e57161b223c2f65fab2.png

And then we had just a little bit longer. 

image.thumb.png.7958ff5cb359eb15bf33977167729d08.png

It took about 45 minutes to get to the Express Bag Checkin. 

15 minutes to get through TSA. 

And then less than 15 to the gates.  Even with all of that, it wasn't Miami.  We are lining up to board. 

• Like 8