Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/14/2023 at 6:27 PM, h20skibum said:

Happy Anniversary 🥂🥂

On 2/14/2023 at 6:35 PM, Sea Dog said:

Happy Anniversary wished to you Renee!

On 2/14/2023 at 7:34 PM, akcruz said:

Happy Anniversary 🥂💖

On 2/14/2023 at 7:37 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Anniversary🍾

On 2/14/2023 at 7:37 PM, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

On 2/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Have a wonderful Happy Anniversary!

On 2/14/2023 at 10:25 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Anniversary!!💐🍾🥂

Thanks everyone for the Anniversary wishes.

• Like 5

On 2/15/2023 at 1:08 AM, Tree_skier said:

Happy Anniversary!

On 2/15/2023 at 3:10 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn Happy Birthday Sue.  Hope you had lovely birthday celebrations with the family & everyone was well enough to be join in.

@ReneeFLL & @Sea Dog Happy Wedding Anniversary Renee & Mike and Happy proposal day anniversary to Greg & Linda

@dani negreanu the print/painting in your lovely apartment in Venice is appropriate for Valentines Day.  Loving the videos.  The pasta looks delish.  Must try it one day.

Glad you enjoyed the books @sgmn and I recommended.

On 2/15/2023 at 5:48 AM, grapau27 said:

Happy Anniversary Renee.

Screenshot_20221224_131411.jpg

On 2/15/2023 at 8:14 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Happy Anniversary to you. 

On 2/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Ocean Boy said:

My best to you and Mike. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I seem to have been missing a lot. HAPPY ANNERSARY! 

No worries. I’ve been trying to catch up for days.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:55 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

A day late, but Happy Anniversary @ReneeFLL and Happy Engagement day to @Sea Dog

Thanks everyone for the Anniversary wishes.

@Sea Dog What a great proposal.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Operation is next Wednesday.  We have been getting lots of items she will need post-operation, and the last of them should be here this weekend.

We will have the grandkids for a couple days, while she is in the hospital.

Wishing her all the best.

• Like 1

@dani negreanu Wishing you safe travels home Dani. Is it today or tomorrow? Hope the fog doesn't delay you.

Your pictures look amazing. 

Glad your DH got to shop in the markets and cook the local food 😋 

Did you book the apartment through air bnb?

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

It’s a charter , the charter company is making it a requirement, last year we did Covid test 3 days before then had to do another before we boarded wasn’t happy about that . We have had our shots and three boosters.

Is the charter company allowing self administered and show photo of results or do you need to get one done by a pharmacy or online such as emed kits?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Operation is next Wednesday.  We have been getting lots of items she will need post-operation, and the last of them should be here this weekend.

We will have the grandkids for a couple days, while she is in the hospital.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery 🙏

• Like 3

I thought it was interesting that we got an email from our water company, telling us everything was fine, but that they have increased their testing for toxic chemicals.  

Their water supply doesn’t draw water from the waterways from the East Palestine train wreck, but winds carried the toxic cloud, from the chemical burn, toward our area.  

It is really horrible the response the residents there have received.  

• Like 11

As i usually do, if I don't like the menu for dinner, I order the extra charge fillet for dinner, This time, I noticed it what seemed to be a much larger cut of meat. It was very good, Last night, I noticed that the fillet was priced at $19.99, not $16.99 like before, which with gratuities was like $20.00. IFIRC, Chops always offered two sizes, maybe now the MDR option is the larger size. Not complaining, just saying. We are on Harmony.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As Sue and Mark have shared, it is so unfortunate what the citizens of East Palestine are going through.

Yesterday one of the most powerful local attorneys (D. Betras) offered a free open question forum for all citizens who were impacted by this disaster (No strings attached, but, a tactful way to advertise).

He is a very gifted attorney and has represented some very media attention getting cases in our area.

I personally met him on a number of occasions (In my first life, used to date his brother...shhhhhh)

But all that aside, the citizens of this area are still questioning their safety.

So  many questions and so few answers by the powers that be.

The national news just provides a brief summation of the hardship that is happening.

The local news really spends time with more information.

But, then again, the news tells you selective information....... and then .how much is not shared. 

One thing that came out of attorney Betras meeting was, and I will paraphrase......

"I would be concerned if I lived in a 30 mile radius of East Palestine"

Well, our little home town is a mere 35 miles from East Palestine.

Just praying for safety for all.

Take care

• Like 21

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I thought it was interesting that we got an email from our water company, telling us everything was fine, but that they have increased their testing for toxic chemicals.  

Their water supply doesn’t draw water from the waterways from the East Palestine train wreck, but winds carried the toxic cloud, from the chemical burn, toward our area.  

It is really horrible the response the residents there have received.  

It has been a horrible response. Unfortunately, I think we have reached a point where government agencies have zero credibility these days. That especially applies to those agencies who's purpose is supposed to be to protect us. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

As i usually do, if I don't like the menu for dinner, I order the extra charge fillet for dinner, This time, I noticed it what seemed to be a much larger cut of meat. It was very good, Last night, I noticed that the fillet was priced at $19.99, not $16.99 like before, which with gratuities was like $20.00. IFIRC, Chops always offered two sizes, maybe now the MDR option is the larger size. Not complaining, just saying. We are on Harmony.

We do the same thing.  Although on one of our cruises last year, they only charged 16.99 instead of 20. I told our waiter it was wrong, that we always paid 20. 

He said no, it is just 16.99. So he had the head waiter come out, and he also said it was only 16.99, and that included the tip. 

We ended up tipping our waiter extra that night. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is the charter company allowing self administered and show photo of results or do you need to get one done by a pharmacy or online such as emed kits?

We will just go to pharmacy, can do self test if medicaly observed . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Less known fact, in Family Guy's version of Shawshank Redemption there was a poster on the wall. It was not of Raquel Welch but of David Cassidy. You will need to look up what happened to the poster, because I can't post it here with out a high risk of playing monopoly. 

Meant to ask yesterday, if you saw the South Park “Worldwide Privacy Tour” with the Prince of Canada and his wife ?  Surprising how much they resemble Harry and his wife. 

5D87B630-801C-4F8B-B7D2-2439EA5C92CA.thumb.jpeg.bfe5a643adaa0b1682e82a8053d83625.jpeg

Hopefully, that isn’t something that would lead to playing monopoly.  Sometimes, monopoly means being down to your last dollar and having almost all your properties mortgaged.  At least it does here. 

A78B5731-F9A5-4DB3-880B-E202C251149C.thumb.jpeg.aae2fddc3bab34cf902a681a691e7739.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We do the same thing.  Although on one of our cruises last year, they only charged 16.99 instead of 20. I told our waiter it was wrong, that we always paid 20. 

He said no, it is just 16.99. So he had the head waiter come out, and he also said it was only 16.99, and that included the tip. 

We ended up tipping our waiter extra that night. 

I was charged   23 and change.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Augeri replaced Steve Perry, lasted a few years before he was out as well.

Saw Journey around 86/87, Steve Perry was amazing...one of my top 10 concerts 

What was your number 1 top concert ? I have been going to concerts since 1961 and saw many great ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

What was your number 1 top concert ? I have been going to concerts since 1961 and saw many great ones.

Good question...so many top 5s (probably more than 5 LOL)

I'd put The Rolling Stones near the top.  I was a huge Van Halen fan in the 80's/90's and saw them many times...it was always surreal to have 20,000+ at a concert and practically be able to hear a pin drop during Eddie's solos.  I've never seen Springsteen, but we're going to see him on the 27th.  Stevie Nicks was great.  Pearl Jam always puts on a fantastic show.  AC/DC was always a blast.  Evanescence and Halestorm was a fantastic concert...Lzzy Hale has a voice for rock maybe 2nd only to Ann Wilson in my book.

If I had to pick a number one...tough call because my answer always changes depending on my mood but I'd have to say Alanis Morissette absolutely blew me away.  

• Like 3

In addition to going to hundreds of concerts I also reviewed records in the 70’s.From 1988 to 1992 I notarized music contracts for many well known singers and groups .In lieu of payment I was given recordings by the owner of the company I was “working” for.He was an original member of The Four Seasons.

I was working at the time next door to Max’s Kansas City.

I love discussing music.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Good question...so many top 5s (probably more than 5 LOL)

I'd put The Rolling Stones near the top.  I was a huge Van Halen fan in the 80's/90's and saw them many times...it was always surreal to have 20,000+ at a concert and practically be able to hear a pin drop during Eddie's solos.  I've never seen Springsteen, but we're going to see him on the 27th.  Stevie Nicks was great.  Pearl Jam always puts on a fantastic show.  AC/DC was always a blast.  Evanescence and Halestorm was a fantastic concert...Lzzy Hale has a voice for rock maybe 2nd only to Ann Wilson in my book.

If I had to pick a number one...tough call because my answer always changes depending on my mood but I'd have to say Alanis Morissette absolutely blew me away.  

I notarized music contracts for Van Halen .I saw Springsteen in 1972 in Asbury Park,NJ. I saw AC/DC live .One of the best female singers I ever saw is a cross between Janis Joplin and Grace Slick.Her name is Melissa League .You can find her on You Tube.She is a member of a Woodstock Tribute Band Retro69.Retro plays every year on the site of Woodstock 1969.

• Like 4