Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH insist I should add those too…

0D70CFAA-1DED-4CF8-9326-BAE32224BDF6.jpeg

ABBC0B8F-D038-40B7-8230-C906BA5A9E32.jpeg

7FEE4EF5-30CA-458D-8F69-7D8C9479B576.jpeg

A279BBE0-F805-4C89-9518-AAFD98190C07.jpeg

I’m glad that your DH insisted that you add these photos.😊

I’m really enjoying your/his photography. 

And those costumes are so fascinating.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

@dani negreanu Wishing you safe travels home Dani. Is it today or tomorrow? Hope the fog doesn't delay you.

Your pictures look amazing. 

Glad your DH got to shop in the markets and cook the local food 😋 

Did you book the apartment through air bnb?

Tomorrow morning… Today was another foggy day, so we had 50% good weather… The 1st day the visibility was fantastic. Told hubby “let’s do the Bell Tower”… him, being a manana guy, said…

So, of course, “manana” didn’t “materialize… . At least the cooking went without a hitch, 100%.

I don’t like to use air bnb since they charge immediately. Not for us, even though this apt is advertised there too. It was through booking dot com, with free cancellation up to 3 days before arrival.

I’ve asked the owner about booking direct, and she said “so long as it goes through you”, meaning friends and family, so Sue, whenever you want 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Good question...so many top 5s (probably more than 5 LOL)

I'd put The Rolling Stones near the top.  I was a huge Van Halen fan in the 80's/90's and saw them many times...it was always surreal to have 20,000+ at a concert and practically be able to hear a pin drop during Eddie's solos.  I've never seen Springsteen, but we're going to see him on the 27th.  Stevie Nicks was great.  Pearl Jam always puts on a fantastic show.  AC/DC was always a blast.  Evanescence and Halestorm was a fantastic concert...Lzzy Hale has a voice for rock maybe 2nd only to Ann Wilson in my book.

If I had to pick a number one...tough call because my answer always changes depending on my mood but I'd have to say Alanis Morissette absolutely blew me away.  

I haven't been to a lot of concerts, but I did see Springsteen in 1980.  Unbelievable energy over almost 4 hours.  He did 2 sets and the first song of the second set was Hungry Heart.  The entire audience sang the first verse and chorus (Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack...) while Springsteen just smiled and played.  He finished with Jungleland, which was my favorite song for a while.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been a horrible response. Unfortunately, I think we have reached a point where government agencies have zero credibility these days. That especially applies to those agencies who's purpose is supposed to be to protect us. 

I agree totally

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just got a call that my friend Mike who was in the ICU went into cardiac arrest and is on life support.

Toby and his wife are very close friends .We are both emotionally drained.

🙏

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just got a call that my friend Mike who was in the ICU went into cardiac arrest and is on life support.

That's horrible. I feel for everyone.

Every time I read something about the train derailment in Ohio, I can't help but think about the movie "White Noise" I saw on Netflix a couple of months ago. While the movie is well-acted and has some very witty and creative dialogue, the story lines are funny, horrifying and weirdly absurd all at the same time.  So weirdly absurd, I'm not sure I can recommenced it but it might be worth cheeking out if you don't mind something a little bizarre.

Anyway, there are several plot points in the movie one of which is a toxic train derailment in Ohio that forces the evacuation of a town for several days until the government declares it safe to return. I'm not going to say any more than that, other than fear of death is a recurring theme.  The movie - which is set in the mid-1980's - doesn't specifically say it's in Ohio but that is where it was filmed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We do the same thing.  Although on one of our cruises last year, they only charged 16.99 instead of 20. I told our waiter it was wrong, that we always paid 20. 

He said no, it is just 16.99. So he had the head waiter come out, and he also said it was only 16.99, and that included the tip. 

We ended up tipping our waiter extra that night. 

Pretty sure we always paid $16.99 - our December cruise we paid $16.99 but now see $19.99 price.    Which is still fine by us.    We like to order the chops filet on lobster night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven't been to a lot of concerts, but I did see Springsteen in 1980.  Unbelievable energy over almost 4 hours.  He did 2 sets and the first song of the second set was Hungry Heart.  The entire audience sang the first verse and chorus (Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack...) while Springsteen just smiled and played.  He finished with Jungleland, which was my favorite song for a while.

I saw Springsteen in 1985 right after the album “ Born in the USA” came our somehow had tickets on the floor. Also was lucky enough to see 

Andrea Bocelli in a private box

Sinatra many times in New York, Vegas and Dallas

Tony Bennett many times 

Bob Dylan many times

Billy Joel a few times 

lots of other The Who, Bob Segar, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton twice, Neil Young,

Willie Nelson etc etc .

• Like 1

It's too hard to answer my #1 concert.    I have seen Grateful Dead over 100 shows, Led Zeppelin a couple of times, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, CSN&Y, Meatloaf, Tom Petty, several others will probably pop into my mind later tonight but I guess one of favorite shows was Billy Joel and Elton John.    I have seen both of them individually but when they performed together it was outstanding.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Such bad news ! So sorry for your friend. 

55 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Every time I read something about the train derailment in Ohio, I can't help but think about the movie "White Noise" I saw on Netflix a couple of months ago. While the movie is well-acted and has some very witty and creative dialogue, the story lines are funny, horrifying and weirdly absurd all at the same time.  So weirdly absurd, I'm not sure I can recommenced it but it might be worth cheeking out if you don't mind something a little bizarre.

Anyway, there are several plot points in the movie one of which is a toxic train derailment in Ohio that forces the evacuation of a town for several days until the government declares it safe to return. I'm not going to say any more than that, other than fear of death is a recurring theme.  The movie - which is set in the mid-1980's - doesn't specifically say it's in Ohio but that is where it was filmed.

It has been reported here that some of the residents of East Palestine were extras in that movie.  Talk about déjà vu.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We do the same thing.  Although on one of our cruises last year, they only charged 16.99 instead of 20. I told our waiter it was wrong, that we always paid 20. 

He said no, it is just 16.99. So he had the head waiter come out, and he also said it was only 16.99, and that included the tip. 

We ended up tipping our waiter extra that night. 

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pretty sure we always paid $16.99 - our December cruise we paid $16.99 but now see $19.99 price.    Which is still fine by us.    We like to order the chops filet on lobster night.

Just checked my picture of my Navigator menu and, sure enough, it was 19.99. I didn't notice the upped the price.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

😵

As teenagers in the early 80's we used to go on road trips to Dead shows.   We had camped out at places such as Red Rocks, CO.  Had lots of fun visiting many places across the country.   Met lots of interesting people.    When they came to a venue they use to have 2 or 3 shows and we would go to each show, never did the same show twice.   So to reach a 100+ shows was rather easy.    

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One of my favorite spots in Magic Kingdom.  While they get in line to take more pics with characters,  I can lay back and relax.  In the past I have even fallen asleep here. 

image.thumb.png.d1f16746225b870412778b48a727ea27.png

image.thumb.png.eab18cebdc934f06d6655e7bb224b447.png

image.thumb.png.d4f6f16eae0e9b5c9ec7e8ff7676deee.png

I think you are near Goofies Big Top Roller Coaster.

• Like 1