Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

More photos are popping up on my social media sites.

Here is a photo of a youth judge that I know, who lives 30 minutes from my home. He was a youth judge with the Hagerty Kids when they judge my Ford GT in 2019. I also let him ride with me during the trophy presentation, after judging was complete.  This year I had to help him tie his tie, before judging at our local concours as his dad wasn’t with him. He is a couple months older than Owen and a great kid. 

EFA28D5A-4F75-4B14-82B0-F068CD35BDCB.thumb.jpeg.adfb841864a0904070967bf0712e2633.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A shorter video. If I heard right all have been sold and the cost is approximately $3.5 million. 

Lot of money for a car that placed 3rd! 😉😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

1) I've always been a very avid reader. In childhood and young adulthood in Romania

Caden, Kenzie's brother, is big into reading.  He likes a series called Magic Tree House. He says the books average about 90 pages and he has read 59 books.  His reading has inspired him to write small books. A couple of weeks ago he combined his books and had one large book printed. Caden turn 9 today. He knows the exact time he was born so we waited for that time before singing happy birthday. 

• Like 12

I took a quick look through class winners and a friend of mine took home a prize. Their shop has done a some restorations for me, they have bought a few cars from me, and sold me a few cars to me over the years.  Always a good time at their place.  Great family business that started in a two car garage.B03CB015-EE71-401D-99F4-16BE77F0A943.thumb.jpeg.395156e334732ba4c0bf1a9d62bb1ed7.jpeg

• Like 2

I have to say I had no idea what a Chevy Eurosport was, and Google showed me some pictures, and also a driver report from the day.  As I read the article, it dawned on mr thet the writing stile was familiar. A quick check of the URL confirmed the article appeared in Car and Driver magazine, one of my favorite back in the day for its humorous writing style.

My first new car was a 1968 Mercury Cougar  GT.   Anyone familiar with the movie Bullitt,  my car had the same drive train as the movie car.

In the 70's leaded gasoline was banned, and the 55 mph speed limit came along, and cars weren't fun anymore.  

But , in 1984, my local ford dealer invited my to a drive in the new improved    Mustang GT.  Cars were back again. Later that year , I was back and got a 1985 GT , now with a 5 speed manual transmission. Well, I was between wives at the time.

When I got married again, Mustang went away, and my driver was a Ranger. The I got transferred  co CT and up upgraded to an FX4 Ranger.  After I retired, I ended up with a Mustang V6 coupe.  One rainy, wife was away on some mission,  I decided that if someone had told my 50 years ago I would be happy with a 6 cylinder car, it was  time.  My local Ford dealer has just the car for me, a 2013 Mustang GT convertible, 6 speed manual, Coyote V8,  and Brembo brakes.  Wife was surprised when she got home.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I took a quick look through class winners and a friend of mine took home a prize. Their shop has done a some restorations for me, they have bought a few cars from me, and sold me a few cars to me over the years.  Always a good time at their place.  Great family business that started in a two car garage.B03CB015-EE71-401D-99F4-16BE77F0A943.thumb.jpeg.395156e334732ba4c0bf1a9d62bb1ed7.jpeg

I enjoy watching his show on Motor Trend channel.

One of my best friends used to love rebuilding cars.  His favorite was rebuilding Triumph TR4A cars.  He did a great job.  He offered to help me rebuild an Austin Healey Bugeye sprite.  Never got it completed but easily made money selling the parts.  The one car I always wanted but never found a nice one that was reasonably priced for me was an Austin Healey 3000. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Didn't that also used to have their own engines?  I remember when GM started to standardize parts among brands and people would complain that their Oldsmobile came with a Buick engine or their Pontiac came with an Olds engine.

Yep, the overhead cam engine was very unique to Pontiac. Couldn't make it work, only lasted a couple years.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I enjoy watching his show on Motor Trend channel.

I miss them too. As for Peter, his family and staff - who you see on TV are who they are in real life.   You might have seen me on a couple episodes. 😉   They are only 1.5 hours from my door and people send them cars from around the world. Peter was racing one of his original Ford GTs at the Goodwood Festival this past September. That car is staying in Europe for another event this summer. I would have loved to have been there for that.  Not sure I could do that with my own cars, but they do have the means to fix them. 

An hour the other direction from me is RM Restoration, who has won numerous awards at Pebble Beach as well as many other concours.  If RM sounds familiar it is because of RM Sotheby's.  It was formerly RM Auctions, a classic car auction company headquartered in Blenheim, Ontario.  They partnered with Sotheby's in 2015, when they purchased 25% of RM.

Other than cold weather, I live in a fairly decent location for automotive excitement.  That weather makes it hard to enjoy cars all year though.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

I am not a car person , never owned one until I was 33 and moved to Dallas area from New York City, company gave us a great package to move including a thousand for a down payment and a no interest 5k for car loan so I bought a couple year old cougar. My only regret was when I bought my Ford Fusion 13 years ago , I could have gotten a mustang GT for just a couple of thousand more , I am sure I would have gotten a few more speeding tickets but it was a beautiful car ,my fusion has 35k miles it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, George C said:

I am not a car person , never owned one until I was 33 and moved to Dallas area from New York City, company gave us a great package to move including a thousand for a down payment and a no interest 5k for car loan so I bought a couple year old cougar. My only regret was when I bought my Ford Fusion 13 years ago , I could have gotten a mustang GT for just a couple of thousand more , I am sure I would have gotten a few more speeding tickets but it was a beautiful car ,my fusion has 35k miles it. 

DW has a 2012 Fusion with less than 20k on it.  Beautiful car, and she doesn't like my Mustang because it has options that make the suspension very stiff, which is nice for sporty driving, not so much for comfort.

But the Fusion is loaded with options and is the ride she likes.

It's her around town car, but we use to to go to the Kids house on the west coast of Florida.  We are on the east coast. And we often tote the grandkids around , it is much more suited for that.

Of course, not much room for luggage in the Mustang.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We had my MIL’s 90th Birthday Dinner at Lawry’s Prime Rib on Saturday night. Everything was delicious. 

0EF01669-AD4B-4918-95E8-BC650D547953.thumb.jpeg.3e9880eec81010571437917ba079c2ba.jpeg

Appetizers - Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Mini Crab Cakes, Seared Ahi Tuna & Trio of Deviled Eggs

A4785953-04B5-4694-AB75-CD3E79216EAC.thumb.jpeg.47f3ca71858a2e0f253fe761abeea3ff.jpeg

F43A56B1-5746-4EC2-B6DF-6E4E91F921AC.thumb.jpeg.febc698622c52b62d9acd955d6a17998.jpeg

1F906875-720D-4247-9B23-44B35A8F75D1.thumb.jpeg.6b3b8f4f0d5b6570bc4ebf397f1ee366.jpeg

9453BC30-3597-40A3-AEE6-8010CD1CBBB4.thumb.jpeg.52f59cbe9eafb36318013e5eaca0a357.jpeg

My Mango Mai Tai

A4CFAD55-2D7D-46A8-9CC8-585ECFA420E5.thumb.jpeg.772c90d881ecd555aa66153fe7fbd09b.jpeg

Lawry’s Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad

3223A94F-B6B3-419A-B62F-3CE6704EBE64.thumb.jpeg.621c3603f834b552e4c3f031cf9bdfdb.jpeg

First Course - Fresh Lobster Tail

2D284D14-D7EA-4971-807C-C15FD61A0B64.thumb.jpeg.1c606224ce4f9d59b5684c80bcbdc0fa.jpeg

Entree - Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef

ECF88F42-6796-4D6F-8585-731A88104D64.thumb.jpeg.b6931e4df03b6ed1a9859c96439ccc7e.jpeg

This is their carving cart. They carve your prime rib right at table side to your preferred cut and doneness

CEAE6B46-EAB9-4A89-8691-261F8DA054C2.thumb.jpeg.68f0c0708146611f905b957b3626fb61.jpeg

D885C61E-37ED-420F-A19A-3F0D6F7BA568.thumb.jpeg.770aa3fd74b864e369664e880e8342cf.jpeg

Birthday Cake for the birthday girl brought to you by King’s Hawaiian Bakery

228250D5-5AC9-4EB0-BCAA-9E07CB5F3E38.thumb.jpeg.65d1e4cc72c96b96d2bdbe89e056701f.jpeg

Happy 90th Birthday to you MIL.    Food and desert look great!   That prime rib and lobster tail look amazing.

Are these all her favorites?  I hope she enjoyed her special day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We had my MIL’s 90th Birthday Dinner at Lawry’s Prime Rib on Saturday night. Everything was delicious.

Happy Birthday wishes to the Birthday Girl!
Everything in your pictures looks delicious.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

DW has a 2012 Fusion with less than 20k on it.  Beautiful car, and she doesn't like my Mustang because it has options that make the suspension very stiff, which is nice for sporty driving, not so much for comfort.

But the Fusion is loaded with options and is the ride she likes.

It's her around town car, but we use to to go to the Kids house on the west coast of Florida.  We are on the east coast. And we often tote the grandkids around , it is much more suited for that.

Of course, not much room for luggage in the Mustang.

One of the main reasons I picked the fusion is we wanted a 4 door car that could fit 4 adults so when we have guests we can be comfortable in the car . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

my fusion has 35k miles it.

it's still a baby. My '95 Riviera has 176k. I've yet to own a car that was manufactured in the 21st century. I think it's time. DW and I have only bought 4 cars in our 42 years of marriage. All of them right off the lot, and so this craziness about ordering (especially hybrids) and having to wait for up to 6 months, depending on the model, is so foreign to me. Never leased a car either  - I know absolutely nothing about that. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Almost all sedans from US have been discontinued

True enough! The market seems to have leaned towards SUV compared to sedan sales. Hybrids are still not showing up at my local dealers except for those that are already pre-sold. Weird. They list a whole bunch of cars on their websites, except that they're phantoms...not really there, or else in transit with some unknown (and nowhere near guaranteed) ETA. I was told that the additional listings are done to "bulk up" the alleged inventory. I waited too long (for readily available hybrid shopping). Once the pandemic came along, of course, the semiconductor issue began and inventory went down the drain. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Speaking of the Lottery, a winning Power Ball ticket worth 161 Million was sold just 12 miles from our house.

So close but yet so far !

https://www.wdbj7.com/2023/03/05/161-million-powerball-ticket-sold-pulaski-county/

First thing I would do is buy everyone on this thread a 7 day cruise. 🙂

We just bought some tickets from the lady that sold the Winner the $161 Million winning ticket. Can lightning strike twice in the same spot?🤞🏻

The Lottery Commission was there earlier today and cut the owner a check, I asked how much it was  for but the lady said she didn't know. I sure hope she gets a nice bonus for selling the  winning ticket.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We just bought some tickets from the lady that sold the Winner the $161 Million winning ticket. Can lightning strike twice in the same spot?🤞🏻

🤞🏻Shall I start planning for that 7 day cruise you promised us😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2