Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@dani negreanu. Also, if you ever think it might be wise to fly in a week early, check out fights to Arkansas.   You and your husband are always more than welcome to hang out at our place.  And if things ever goes wacky with flights, we will all drive to the port!

Nice offer, though, you might tell her to look at a map and see how long the drive to the port is!  😂

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago I was so surprised I only had 3 bulbs of garlic left.  I haven't had any since incase some were needed for Sharon's cooking.   Well great news, Sharon found 14 more bulbs!  Guess what I will have for lunch! Whatever it is, garlic will be part of it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@dani negreanu. Also, if you ever think it might be wise to fly in a week early, check out fights to Arkansas.   You and your husband are always more than welcome to hang out at our place.  And if things ever goes wacky with flights, we will all drive to the port!

Or, fly to Pensacola and stay with us.  We will drive down the day before and return the day the cruise ends and you can ride with us.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There are all sorts of uncertainty when booking 2 years out but the big plus side to the Bella 2 cruise is you can book with a refundable deposit.   Lord willing we all can make it but if not there is no loss.

Unfortunately Refundable deposits are not offered by RC to us or our UK TAs.

For Bella 1 we changed to February and changed Airline and Hotel too pre and post cruise in South beach Miami.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Happy Spring to all who post here!

Well, except for @aussielozzie18 who may be having Fall soon?

Happy days to all!

@Ozark_Kid The irrigation system is a great birthday gift!

Your garden and you will appreciate your family’s thoughtfulness!

Dani-I am not a doctor , but after reading about your husband’s pain issues, I was thinking that he might be experiencing gallbladder stones or kidney stones.

I have never experienced either, but friends and family have dealt with both issues. Very painful, indeed.

It may be something you could ask your doctor if your husband is going to have an appointment soon.

Hoping he gets relief soon and a good night’s sleep for both of you.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Or, fly to Pensacola and stay with us.  We will drive down the day before and return the day the cruise ends and you can ride with us.  

Thank you John and thank you Karen for your kind and generous offers of hospitability. 

Sadly, we're a small market and forgotten country in the Middle East, and the big carriers do not invest in flights from here...

Our only options of direct flights to the East coast are NY, Atlanta and Miami. I don't want to connect through Europe end of January, when the weather is iffy. We always prefer direct flights, even if it means staying in Miami for a couple of days, and then commuting to PC.

Still, I really hope for an opportunity to "connect" with all of you. And I don't forget also JC ( @xpcdoojk) and Dorothy @#55worktoplay 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The weather is still shockingly cool here in California.  It's pouring rain again.  Yesterday DW went shopping and I had the day off so I went to Six Flag by myself.  It's a weird feeling going to a theme park by yourself.  It was surprisingly dead in there.  I walked up to several rides and just got right on.

I've started of review of my Oasis cruise on the main page.  It is the precursor to the mighty Bella cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The weather is still shockingly cool here in California.  It's pouring rain again.  Yesterday DW went shopping and I had the day off so I went to Six Flag by myself.  It's a weird feeling going to a theme park by yourself.  It was surprisingly dead in there.  I walked up to several rides and just got right on.

I've started of review of my Oasis cruise on the main page.  It is the precursor to the mighty Bella cruise.

Raining here in SD , also . We lived 6 years in Valencia and never went to Six Flags .  

• Haha 1

We have not been on the big ships (Anthem was the biggest) what are everyone's thoughts on the best floor to stay on.  There are so many floors and so many choices.  We usually go for an ocean view balcony on a higher floor.  We don't usually spend a lot of time in our room but do enjoy sitting on the balcony for a bit.  

• Like 1

@dani negreanu

Remember us discussing purple kohlrabi?   I started them from seeds a few weeks ago and was able to transplant 16 plants into the raised bed yesterday along with broccoli and and a couple of Brussel sprouts and some lettuce.   I forgot to take pics of the Kohlrabi but will try to remember later.  Raining today. I also plan to direct sow some seeds this week.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have not been on the big ships (Anthem was the biggest) what are everyone's thoughts on the best floor to stay on.  There are so many floors and so many choices.  We usually go for an ocean view balcony on a higher floor.  We don't usually spend a lot of time in our room but do enjoy sitting on the balcony for a bit.  

On Bella 2 we booked our OVBs on deck 8.  We like to be near Central Park and the restaurants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We are booking to the end of 2024 for now.  But I agree that booking ahead too far makes me more nervous now.  We are trying to book only onboard with just $200 to lose or doing refundable deposits in 2024.  My cancer diagnosis in 2022 and covid changed our way of thinking.

I know how you feel. We haven’t booked any cruises yet.  With Charlie’s various problems we never know from day to day how he is going to feel.  Even Atlantic City has been on hold.  SIGH

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

As you know, all personal preference.  Same on the OVB for us too...I don't use the  balcony much but like the "illusion" of space, and the natural light.  We like to be somewhere in the middle decks, as we go up as often as we go down, and don't use the elevators that much unless my wife's knee is acting up.  So no matter which floor we're on, we'd do plenty of walking up and down.  On B2 we're on deck 10 near the elevators.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

As you know, all personal preference.  Same on the OVB for us too...I don't use the  balcony much but like the "illusion" of space, and the natural light.  We like to be somewhere in the middle decks, as we go up as often as we go down, and don't use the elevators that much unless my wife's knee is acting up.  So no matter which floor we're on, we'd do plenty of walking up and down.  On B2 we're on deck 10 near the elevators.

For my FlowRider gear a balcony is a must so, the wet stuff gets dried. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It really depends on where YOU like to be.  

Deck 8 is great because you can quickly access Central Park.  It's a nice spot to walk from front to back or vice versa, without having to deal with the crowds on the Promenade or Pool Deck.  It's also convenient to pop into Park Cafe for a snack or beverage to take back to your room.

If you like hanging out in the Schooner Bar and/or Boardwalk area, Deck 6 near the aft elevators is a good location.  

If you like to spend your days in the Solarium, rooms near the front elevators are convenient.  If you prefer easier access to the Sport Court or Windjammer, the aft elevators would be the ones to pick.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We are booking to the end of 2024 for now.  But I agree that booking ahead too far makes me more nervous now.  We are trying to book only onboard with just $200 to lose or doing refundable deposits in 2024.  My cancer diagnosis in 2022 and covid changed our way of thinking.

If you book with The Group Rate (for balcony and lower categories), your deposit is fully refundable up until Final Payment Date.  

FWIW, you can get a Group Rate on pretty much any sailing, so you don't lose your deposit as long as you cancel before FPD.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Unfortunately Refundable deposits are not offered by RC to us or our UK TAs.

Are you able to book through a North American TA to be eligible for the Group Rate (which is refundable for balcony and lower categories)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Deck 8, and, if not available, deck 6.

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On Bella 2 we booked our OVBs on deck 8.  We like to be near Central Park and the restaurants. 

26 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Us as well.  I think it is a nice place to be on this class of ship.  

When we first cruised on Allure, I thoroughly researched which deck is the best. Deck 8 unanimously got the most votes, proximity to Central Park.

And that's what we booked. The recommendations were spot on.

Far away second was deck 6, proximity to Promenade.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Deck 8, and, if not available, deck 6.

When we first cruised on Allure, I thoroughly researched which deck is the best. Deck 8 unanimously got the most votes, proximity to Central Park.

And that's what we booked. The recommendations were spot on.

Far away second was deck 6, proximity to Promenade.

The little bar there is rarely busy, and I can get a couple of glasses of wine for our nearby balcony.  Plus Vintages when we are traveling with friends is a good bar to meet at.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Are you able to book through a North American TA to be eligible for the Group Rate (which is refundable for balcony and lower categories)?

I have never checked.

The main issue is Pauline being a civil servant and getting holiday dates confirmed to far in advance.

We got better flights and hotel and saved over £1000 including pre-paid gratuities by going late January early February plus the weather was a perfect 75°F average daily.

• Like 3