Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is Cable Beach the place you went last time that had the statues underwater. 

No, that was Clifton Heritage National Park.  

Cable beach.  Cable beach is on the way to that park.  It is next door to Sandals resort.  Nice beach if looking for somewhere away from the beaten path.

• Like 1

Driving to a job interview today, the "low tire pressure" light came on in my car.  Kept going down by 1psi every couple minutes.  I was down to 21psi when I pulled into a gas station (I was in the boonies when it came on, this was the first gas station I came to several miles later).  

Cars don't come with "donut" spare tires anymore (unless you pay extra) -- instead, my Kia came with a Tire Mobility Kit, which is basically a can of Fix-A-Flat that you connect to a little compressor that you plug into your power plug in your car.  That got me up to 28, and I topped it up to 32 with the air pump at the gas station and went to my job interview.  

My tire was still holding at 27psi when I got out of the interview almost an hour later, so I went up the street to a tire place that got me in and out with a new tire in like 10-15 minutes.  Fastest tire job EVER!  (There was a nail on the inside wall of the tire, so it wasn't salvageable.)   

BTW, I got the job -- I'm going to be an ER nurse, plus I'm still going to work an extra shift or two per week at my old job (private duty nurse).  I'm going to put the extra income into my cruise fund!   

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We always find dimes when she is around us, usually on special days. We found one before we flew to FL for our last cruise right beside our airport chair.  Today, being her birthday is another example. It usually happens 6 -10 times a year, and considering people usually just tap to pay and don’t use cash it seems amazing that this happens. 

We regularly find White Feathers in unusual places.

After each of our Parents died Pauline went to see Mediums that were recommended to us.

Things were said by the various mediums that were impossible for someone else to know.

One of Pauline's good friends at work lost her daughter at a young age and a couple of times her daughter has come through to Pauline while she was asleep.

Pauline told her friend what her daughter said and her friend said only she would know what was said and she was so grateful to Pauline for the message.

Prayers 🙏 to you,Lisa and Owen.

Graham.

• Like 13

@dani negreanu Dani, I am so sorry you, your family, your neighbours and many friends have been living for many weeks  with a sense of dread since the change of government and that so many of you were forced to protest in the streets to make your feelings known.  Devastating that your sons and grandsons will be forced to move away from you to another country to live the life that is no longer possible in Israel.  My heart breaks for you and I thank you for continuing to post here and for keeping us informed.  

How is your DH’s physical pain this week?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid your grand daughter gets more precious with every photo ❤️

I cannot add anything to the mobility chair (the one in the photo with the adjustable height & brakes has been ideal for my dad) but can I suggest when you obtain a walking stick, not to choose one with wide prongs at the base.  That design was the first choice for my dad because of the apparent stability but the OT in store cautioned us that it would be a trip hazard.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have been incredibly busy lately, but did have time to binge watch the new Netflix series “The Night Agent”.  Thought it was really good, and I see they have renewed it for a second season.

I’ve heard good things about that one.  If I ever manage to sit in the front of the tv anytime soon, would like to watch it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George C said:

Doctor wasn’t sure , did do blood test which he will get back tomorrow, went to a imaging place to make sure there were no blood clots , he is also sending some prescriptions for me apparently my condition goes up to my knees , told to have my feet , legs elevated when possible, definitely weird, never had any reaction like this on my 75 or so cruises. 

Hope this is resolved for you asap.

Not suggesting this is the case for you but my friend’s husband just had a nasty experience after finding leeches on his ankles after clearing out the bush on their property.  The leech “bite” travelled up his legs to his knees.  He was lucky he didn’t leave the problem much longer before he was prompted to have it checked out by his GP. He is now on antibiotics and being monitored for any escalating symptoms.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today would have been Allie’s 13 birthday. Owen sent us a photo from school, saying look what I found. She’s with us. 

03A39D5E-2794-46ED-99D8-206C3435C235.thumb.jpeg.3ad3d762da361640c9a1097c53e80b64.jpeg

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Allie💖

I will find pennies or a white feather.

Andrew, you, Lisa and Owen are in my thoughts.  Allie is always with you.  Always!❤️

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

She is growing up quickly.   She is speaking so much clearer now.  I like the head tilt.  She was part of a photo shoot last week.  Her friend's mom is a photographer.   She shot the two together with the flowers Kenzie's family grows and then both mom's posted the pics to promote each other.  Maybe I can grab some to post later.

She is a cutie, John!  Love the tilt of her head..she's a natural!

How are you doing these days?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

BTW, I got the job -- I'm going to be an ER nurse, plus I'm still going to work an extra shift or two per week at my old job (private duty nurse).  I'm going to put the extra income into my cruise fund!   

Congrats, @brillohead!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Congratulations! Thanks for what you do.

Also take care of yourself ...you will need that more now working at the ER.🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1