Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have my grow lights on timers.  What do you have set up for the garden?  

I used to have drip irrigation setup, but after a few years of me rotating my cops in different boxes, I found it to be too much hassle.  I still use automation to keep my one box from freezing that I setup as a makeshift greenhouse when it is still early in the season.

The last box in the back, with the hoops, that is the one that I use as a greenhouse until risk of frost is gone.  I hang incandescent lights (Christmas lights) to keep from freezing and control with wifi plug.  I had looked at using IFTTT to turn lights on if temps dipped and I was not home, but then figured out, I could just use my phone and turn them on 😉

image.thumb.png.b6c20e27cc3b45ef50201132253ed0f6.png

What it looks like in mid July

image.thumb.png.abeaa8cff42600c0378555e3756e4fdb.png

dp

• Like 15

And... My little seed starter greenhouse I built with a Home Depot plastic shelving unit, reflector wrap, and LED grow lights.  I control lighting with wifi plugs.

image.png.2719f84c6c4c9dd8b502384c7e5dd0c8.png

I can also close it up in the early stages

image.png.6af9e22dfb3ab1904e7b202138f4d2f8.png

dp

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll tell you what you do when someone needs to be seen and the schedule is full... you stay in the office later and take care if them. This isn't rocket science.

Should my doctor ever retire, can you be mine?  Be warned: I have a total man crush on my doctor. I believe he is my platonic soul mate so there is a lot to live up to. lol.

In all seriousness, although his small medical group has been taken over several times by ever larger medical groups, he still manages to retain that small town family doctor approach. He was also my wife doctor -  both of us for 25 years -  and when she suffered the anorexic brain injury 2 years ago,  although he was not part of her care team at the hospital and later skilled nursing facility, they kept him up to date with her status (in addition to me). He would call me randomly during his lunch break or on his way home to check in on me, see how I was doing, if I understood all that her care team was doing and if I needed additional explanation.   We had several deep philosophical discussions that helped guide me in my decision making regarding her care.  Most the phone calls were 30-40 minutes with a couple lasting close to an hour.

All on his on time and never once billed me.

• Like 21

23 minutes ago, dpostman said:

I used to have drip irrigation setup, but after a few years of me rotating my cops in different boxes, I found it to be too much hassle.  I still use automation to keep my one box from freezing that I setup as a makeshift greenhouse when it is still early in the season.

The last box in the back, with the hoops, that is the one that I use as a greenhouse until risk of frost is gone.  I hang incandescent lights (Christmas lights) to keep from freezing and control with wifi plug.  I had looked at using IFTTT to turn lights on if temps dipped and I was not home, but then figured out, I could just use my phone and turn them on 😉

dp

Impressive.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dpostman said:

dp

That's a nice setup.  I really like the work bench.   That would come in handy.  

I'm currently hardening off my tomatoes.   I plan to plant them by the end of the week.  I am going to wait longer to put out the peppers.   When is your last frost date.

• Like 1

I was looking at street view on Google maps.  The pics were from January 2019.  A local gas station showing regular at $1.85 per gallon.   Funny that now when it drops to $3.00 we think wow look at how good gas prices are this week.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's a nice setup.  I really like the work bench.   That would come in handy.  

I'm currently hardening off my tomatoes.   I plan to plant them by the end of the week.  I am going to wait longer to put out the peppers.   When is your last frost date.

Nice to have a long season like that.  End of may is official last frost date.  By 1st of June is pretty safe.

That table was one of my best ideas.  I used leftover Tamarack I had ordered to build the boxes.  We call it the "Beer Garden" as we often sit on the stools at the table a have a beer while listening to the plants grow 😉

Also use the table for mundane stuff like transplanting and mixing up soil and fertilizer. You know, actual garden work 😁

dp

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully some exercise and/or an anti inflammatory will help and give you some relief.   Did they suggest a physical therapist that could teach you some exercises that may help?

I cannot take an anti inflammatory because I have Ulcerative Colitis.A specific PT was not recommended.PT has not helped me in the past..When I used to go to the health club in my development there were many people exercising with personal trainers.I might be able to find someone there that could help me .I will try on Monday.My granddog is coming here soon and will be here till Sunday night.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is the difference between an employed physician who is run by the office and a physician in private practice who runs the office.... generally speaking. I do know some self employed docs who are obsessed with a packed schedule.

I was at a doctors office in October.His next available appointment was June.My previous PCP triple booked .My niece who is a sole practitioner never has a full waiting room of patients .

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Should my doctor ever retire, can you be mine?  Be warned: I have a total man crush on my doctor. I believe he is my platonic soul mate so there is a lot to live up to. lol.

In all seriousness, although his small medical group has been taken over several times by ever larger medical groups, he still manages to retain that small town family doctor approach. He was also my wife doctor -  both of us for 25 years -  and when she suffered the anorexic brain injury 2 years ago,  although he was not part of her care team at the hospital and later skilled nursing facility, they kept him up to date with her status (in addition to me). He would call me randomly during his lunch break or on his way home to check in on me, see how I was doing, if I understood all that her care team was doing and if I needed additional explanation.   We had several deep philosophical discussions that helped guide me in my decision making regarding her care.  Most the phone calls were 30-40 minutes with a couple lasting close to an hour.

Hang tight onto your doctor!  Hope he doesn't retire for a long time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll tell you what you do when someone needs to be seen and the schedule is full... you stay in the office later and take care if them. This isn't rocket science. 

I also can't stand the term "provider". Insurance companies must have invented that.🙄

I wish all doctor's were as dedicated as you @Ocean Boy

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hang tight onto your doctor!  Hope he doesn't retire for a long time.

I like my primary doctor, pretty easy to get appointments and he listens to my complaints, plus he weighs more than I do which is very unusual. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I believe that there are more compassionate doctors than the opposite .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was at a doctors office in October.His next available appointment was June.My previous PCP triple booked .My niece who is a sole practitioner never has a full waiting room of patients .

I never had problems making appointments when needed, especially when it was important but not enough to go to the ER.

I don't know any doctors here who are not affiliated with a large medical "conglomerate".

On another note, we are experiencing the most fabulous weather in the Dallas area.  Sunny, high 70s, no rain in sight for at least 8 days.  We're loving it!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never had problems making appointments when needed, especially when it was important but not enough to go to the ER.

I don't know any doctors here who are not affiliated with a large medical "conglomerate".

On another note, we are experiencing the most fabulous weather in the Dallas area.  Sunny, high 70s, no rain in sight for at least 8 days.  We're loving it!

Sunny and in the 70’s here too.It is expected to hit 80 tomorrow.

When I moved to LI I initially began looking for new doctors.My Internist was located in Manhattan,he was close to 70 and I believed he would be retiring.There is a Medical building a few blocks from where I lived and found a practice with two doctors.I was a patient of one from 2003 to 2014.In 2013 she and her partner became affiliated with a large conglomerate and everything changed .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

He had a total knee replacement?

Yes , it was a total knee replacement.  The surgery took 1 1/2 hours and it was performed manually.  This orthopedic surgeon is great at what he does . For  @h20skibum It wasn’t laparoscopic.  

Not enough credit is given to caregivers. That’s my opinion! 

Thank you to @dani negreanu

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 10