Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear your DHs knee replacement surgery went well.   Hopefully his recovery will be without pain 😃 

Thank you ! It was really quick . He was wheeled into surgery at 11:15 AM and we were home at 3:00 PM . Problem is he won’t listen to me . At 4:00 his nose was in the fridge planning dinner.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

Thank you ! It was really quick . He was wheeled into surgery at 11:15 AM and we were home at 3:00 PM . Problem is he won’t listen to me . At 4:00 his nose was in the fridge planning dinner.  

Men🤣   (sorry Guys, I couldn't resist).

That is super fast.  The fact he is walking that quick is amazing.   Probably was still feeling effects of anesthesia with no pain.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Men🤣   (sorry Guys, I couldn't resist).

That is super fast.  The fact he is walking that quick is amazing.   Probably was still feeling effects of anesthesia with no pain.

He was given M.A.C.( Monitored Anesthesia Care) including a medication called Versed . He was also given a knee bloc and they mentioned an injection in his back .  He didn’t have pain with the 1st knee .  We hope it is the same this time, too .  We live one mile from the hospital so no travel time home .  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had my follow-up visit yesterday with my neurologist to review the MRIs taken last week.  I have been diagnosed with having ALS.  It's hard for me to share the news because I like to post things that brings a smile to my friends here on CC.  I know that things will be challenging but for now things are good.  Thanks for all the prayers. 

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friend was scheduled for knee replacement surgery last Wednesday.  She got to the hospital at 9am the required time.  They had no record of her having an appointment!  The whole day's appointments were messed up.  They finally discovered that there was an error in the scheduling system.  So, she had to wait in the hospital from 8am until 4 when the surgery was finally scheduled.  

I can't imagine the problems caused by canceling an entire month of appointments.

That would be horrible! Can you imagine sitting there until 4PM without eating or drinking anything? And after fasting all night probably. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

He was given M.A.C.( Monitored Anesthesia Care) including a medication called Versed . He was also given a knee bloc and they mentioned an injection in his back .  He didn’t have pain with the 1st knee .  We hope it is the same this time, too .  We live one mile from the hospital so no travel time home .  

I think that epidural in his back is why he is without pain. I was bouncing all over and walking stairs immediately after my second hip replacement. I crashed a bit the next day. The surgeon laughed and said yes, the epidural is kind of amazing. 😊

Versed just makes you forget you had surgery. They use it for colonoscopies, and other things too. 😄Layman's opinion. Since both a physician and anesthesiologist post. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

It was interesting, I had my orientation yesterday for the new ER job, and one of the things the hospital system (which includes affiliated doctor offices in over 100 physical locations in addition to the five hospitals in the system), is focusing on currently is accessibility -- not in the physical sense like wheelchair accessibility, but rather the ability to get an appointment when one is needed.  

They are studying when the "third next available" appointment is for each office, because that more accurately reflects true availability.  If you look at the "next available" appointment, that is often the same day due to a last minute cancellation, rather than actually having openings in the schedule. 

So while there may be an open appointment today or tomorrow from a cancellation, if you need an appointment next week (to get stitches removed, or to evaluate wound healing, or to go over test results, or whatever), you're out of luck because there are no actual openings for the next month (or five!).  So the system is evaluating when the "third next available" appointment is as a metric for how accessible their providers are.  

I'll tell you what you do when someone needs to be seen and the schedule is full... you stay in the office later and take care if them. This isn't rocket science. 

I also can't stand the term "provider". Insurance companies must have invented that.🙄

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

He had a total knee replacement?

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

He had a total knee replacement?

For that short turnaround, doesn’t sound like a total replacement.  Maybe arthroscopic surgery?

Note, I am not a doctor.  Just a hypothesizer.  

• Like 3

@Ozark_Kid, while this wasn't the news anyone wanted to see, I'm thankful you have this 'family' here outside your blood family to share with.  Please know you will be in our prayers for a long and healthy life, for your body to respond overwhelmingly well to the treatments, and for your family as well.  I'm thankful you have a loving family surrounding you, both there and here. Please let us know how you are doing over time. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@bobmacliberty

Do you remember I replaced a bad drive on my NAS last month?  I replaced a 3TB with a 4TB.  As expected due to the raid setup the 4tb was restricted to the 3tb.  This week I replaced the good 3tb with a new 4tb.  I was happy to see it adjusted and now gives me 4tb of storage.

I have a ton of mp3 music on it.  I learned that it's possible to like Alexa to the audio player on the NAS.  I might try that.  I wish I could link it to the Highlander. 

Looks like my first attempt at replying went poof, so I'll try again.  Very cool that you automatically gained the extra 1TB of storage.  RAID is such a great idea and it just works.  

I link Alexa to just about everything that I can and now use voice prompts for many things:

Turn on/off lights (Lutron Caseta) via voice rather than using a switch. 

Control music (Sonos, Spotify, Pandora, SiriuzXM, Amazon Music)

Control my TVs (Samsung)

Control my thermostat (Nest)

Control my garage door opener (MyQ via IFTTT)

Ask Alexa (we call her "A" so that she doesn't respond when we don't want her to) about the weather, to do unit conversions, to do math, to track packages, to look up useless trivia...you get the idea.

It took a while for me to train myself to use a voice prompt rather than doing things the way that I had done it previously, but I've successfully reprogrammed myself.  Granted, I'm a tech/gadget nerd and am motivated to do so.  I enjoy the complexity of linking skills and creating routines that would drive most normal people crazy.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It's a lot easier to say "provider" instead of "doctor, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner".  

Yeah, because they are all the same thing, right? Might as well lump them under one nomenclature.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like my first attempt at replying went poof, so I'll try again.  Very cool that you automatically gained the extra 1TB of storage.  RAID is such a great idea and it just works.  

I link Alexa to just about everything that I can and now use voice prompts for many things:

Control my TVs (Samsung)

Ask Alexa (we call her "A" so that she doesn't respond when we don't want her to) about the weather, to do unit conversions, to do math, to track packages, to look up useless trivia...you get the idea.

It took a while for me to train myself to use a voice prompt rather than doing things the way that I had done it previously, but I've successfully reprogrammed myself.  Granted, I'm a tech/gadget nerd and am motivated to do so.  I enjoy the complexity of linking skills and creating routines that would drive most normal people crazy.

It is nice to see other tech and home automation enthusiasts among us.  I had many X-10 toys and modules several years back.  I've adopted many of the same tools you also currently use.  I especially like the automated tools to control my vegetable garden and seed green house.

dp

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid your beautiful grandchildren always bring a smile to our faces.  I am sure they and all your beautiful loving family will be a big support.  I am sorry to read of your diagnosis but hope you remain good and stable for quite some time yet.

If the GKs bring smiles, let the smiles begin!

This is their Easter Sunday pics.

IMG_9714.thumb.jpeg.3dcd0ddc7950739ccd6f6b58e2f2a080.jpeg

IMG_9721.thumb.jpeg.bb88fc5a5b4841fae3ce815b34124081.jpeg

IMG_6318.thumb.jpeg.f06fe99f0f5f002a29296210db4a5386.jpeg

And Corrie's first day at soccer.

IMG_5228.thumb.jpeg.c36823d50d67bfc8f934f650b60b4b10.jpeg

• Like 39

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

You could also add chiropractors to the list of providers, although chiropractors probably just fall under the heading of doctors. 😏

Stir The Pot GIFs | Tenor

As long as there is pot stirring going on, where does a podiatrist surgeon fall on the spectrum of health providers? 😉

😂😂

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 9

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Since today is National pet day. Here is a recent picture of Lizzy. Doing what cats do best, acting bothered. 

8F7744A9-EC44-41D0-8656-B3647E2EB4E3.thumb.jpeg.e47186dae9400a59c37fa86c8e4a3312.jpeg

Isn't every day National Pet Day?😉

I mentioned it to Leonard but he was his typical "not impressed" self. 

20230330_183816.thumb.jpg.558ba2949a1d271b0566303f4639fbec.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 10
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Control my TVs (Samsung)

You may know, the NAS I have has 4 bays.  I currently am only using two bays.  If I fill the other two bays will it create a second pool or try to join the current pool?

Looks like you take advantage of the Alexa!  My SIL has lights connected to his and I found out yesterday my DD has hers connected to Spotify.  I have a Sensi for my upstairs thermostat that I can control by app remotely.  I tried to get one for downstairs but I did not realize that it was an advance system which needed an expensive thermostat to be able to do the same thing. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dpostman said:

It is nice to see other tech and home automation enthusiasts among us.  I had many X-10 toys and modules several years back.  I've adopted many of the same tools you also currently use.  I especially like the automated tools to control my vegetable garden and seed green house.

dp

I have my grow lights on timers.  What do you have set up for the garden?