Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1 degree here or about 34 degreees.  Shorts, jacket and toque to walk Merlin this morning.  Once the shorts come out for the first time I refuse to go back to jeans.

We had a freeze warning here last night although I don't think the temps dipped below 34 either.

I'm like you, once I start wearing shorts & short sleeved shirts, it's tough to go back.  Plus, older house with small closets means a lot of my winter clothing is packed away in the attic already.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Once again my granddog was right.If Yam Yam wins and we will find out next Wednesday I will have my granddog pick the next US President .

If your granddog is right, I'm going to ask if he can pick the next lottery numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dylan,in my opinion is the greatest individual influence in Rock music ever.

He is currently 82 and still recording .I saw Springsteen the first time in Asbury Park at a time when he was a total unknown,I was never a huge fan of his but he will be 74 in September and is still drawing huge crowds.

My brother-in-law & his wife went to see Bruce at his most recent concert in NJ last month. She is a huge fan. Totally enjoyed the show & said he has the energy of a 25 year old.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1 degree here or about 34 degreees.  Shorts, jacket and toque to walk Merlin this morning.  Once the shorts come out for the first time I refuse to go back to jeans.

Did you move to Baffin Island??

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Most of the time I can't stand Dylan's voice and Springsteen sounds like he is oversinging and screaming everything. When he takes it down about 100 pegs for a ballard I actually enjoy listening to him.

I am a huge fan of Dylan however I can’t tell what song he is signing about half of the time , loads of great artist do great jobs covering his songs including Adele , Garth Brooks etc etc, looking forward to hearing Dave Mason cover of All along the watchtower on my music cruise next year. Springsteen shows are incredible 3 hours , some people love his voice others don’t. 

• Like 2

Last pics from Madrid --

Mercado de San Miguel (Food market), so many kinds of sea food mainly.

image.thumb.jpeg.47787cf2897674e6ba50f92403be5f1a.jpeg

Porta de Sol -

image.thumb.jpeg.e4ba435ad90ad4897a804e07fc3435f5.jpeg

Wide pedestrian street leading to Porta del Sol -

image.thumb.jpeg.478f3896e7e77dbf863e5e93a2a175ef.jpeg

Nice buildings (The Four Season hotel, on the pedestrian street above) --

image.thumb.jpeg.75effad855666242d179a7c10a8085ed.jpeg

A lively square near our hotel --

image.thumb.jpeg.7b445be4083a86ba3b8f8f9fcfeaada0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b240aee72f63b10d9613bc7e41cd6ea7.jpeg

Had a nice meal and cheap at one of the restaurants there --

image.thumb.jpeg.86f1604cebb2eddcaf3b76857bf258ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.be09abb3533df120e1c0ce73fc8506c6.jpeg

Dali's "Dream". One of the hundreds of amazing pics we enjoyed at the Thyssen museum. A huge collection of impressionists, and also American painters like Copley, John Singer Sargent and Winslow Homer (the museum in Portland, in our cruise stop, also has a nice collection of Homer).

image.thumb.jpeg.835c2d1bf05d21f990c48ed37f726733.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

DH very much wanted to sample a "local" paella, keen to know what are his "competitors" up to...

So we went to a very hipped paella place, reservations ahead required, and touted as "made to order", 40 mins wait. At the beginning we thought he would order his paella and I'll order another dish, since rice doesn't agree with me. Well, the minimum order was for 2 persons, so I've sampled some of the langoustines.

He was quite disappointed with the quantity and variety. The rice was very good.

That's the "made to order sea food paella" (52 Euro) --

image.thumb.jpeg.464106832a58385efb23a4c56efd1a21.jpeg

and that's DW version, with plenty of sea food, including stuffed calamari 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.b7e5340cd076faf5548bc3aae69f5a4d.jpeg

I rest DH's case ...

• Like 26

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Did you just say Y'all?

I wonder what that sounds like with a British accent? 😉😄😇

Why aye man.

You probably wouldn't understand my North East England accent.😃

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely not..that would require a trip to a port other than Canaveral.😇

$300 plus tip each way for my "driver" to take me to FLL😇  I actually just asked him on our way to the airport last weekend.  Had Odyssey on my mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

My brother-in-law & his wife went to see Bruce at his most recent concert in NJ last month. She is a huge fan. Totally enjoyed the show & said he has the energy of a 25 year old.

My younger daughter also was at that concert .She had the same opinion.

She will travel anywhere to see anyone she likes .She flew to the UK to attend the Taylor Hawkins concert last year .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Last pics from Madrid --

Porta de Sol -

image.thumb.jpeg.e4ba435ad90ad4897a804e07fc3435f5.jpeg

Wide pedestrian street leading to Porta del Sol -

image.thumb.jpeg.478f3896e7e77dbf863e5e93a2a175ef.jpeg

Nice buildings (The Four Season hotel, on the pedestrian street above) --

image.thumb.jpeg.75effad855666242d179a7c10a8085ed.jpeg

A lively square near our hotel --

image.thumb.jpeg.7b445be4083a86ba3b8f8f9fcfeaada0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b240aee72f63b10d9613bc7e41cd6ea7.jpeg

Had a nice meal and cheap at one of the restaurants there --

image.thumb.jpeg.86f1604cebb2eddcaf3b76857bf258ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.be09abb3533df120e1c0ce73fc8506c6.jpeg

Dali's "Dream". One of the hundreds of amazing pics we enjoyed at the Thyssen museum. A huge collection of impressionists, and also American painters like Copley, John Singer Sargent and Winslow Homer (the museum in Portland, in our cruise stop, also has a nice collection of Homer).

image.thumb.jpeg.835c2d1bf05d21f990c48ed37f726733.jpeg

Great photos Dani.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm glad the person I am routing for is still in it.  I was somewhat concerned earlier!  Phew!😊

My person is still here too but not likely the same as yours .

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had all the same news when she had 3 shows in Philadelphia this past weekend.     No way would my parents ever pay that to send me to a concert.  In fact, they never paid for any concerts I went to.

The first concert I ever went to was Bob Dylan in 1961.I cannot recall the cost of the ticket .In the same year I saw James Brown and Richie Havens.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some tickets went as high as $15,000 per ticket in Philadelphia.. Heard that on WIP radio.

https://6abc.com/three-night-taylor-swift-concert-lincoln-financial-field-philadelphia-businesses-hotel-industry/13231695/

By contrast ,Graham Nash usually appears once a year in my part of NY where the highest ticket price is $65.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well there goes part of my front yard. New sidewalks being put in. Since we are in a culdesac not sure we needed sidewalks but nothing I can do. I guess less to mow.

IMG_1533.thumb.jpeg.0d6836fe501f0f458c870d574424eeec.jpeg

While they're digging up the front yard, maybe you should put artificial turf there as well.  Then, no mowing anywhere!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We really enjoyed the Mercado de San Miguel when we were in Madrid.  So many food booths to sample different things.  With 4 of us, we made a nice meal by buying and sharing food from several different booths.  

We were similarly disappointed in the paella at a restaurant somewhere near the Plaza Mayor.  Just like you experienced, it was lacking in quantity and variety of seafood.  I think that is largely a tourist area and I'm guessing that the locals know of better places to eat.  My daughter's boyfriend is a chef and makes paella that looks like your DH's...lots of different types of seafood and plenty of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1