Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you!  They are getting so big...not to mention how they both now tower over me!

I wasn't going to bring it up just in case my memory is off but isn't it Jack that developed diabetes? It seems that he is doing great and living an absolutely normal life.🙂

And if my memory is off then I am going to be very embarrassed that I made this post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Great pictures of the Tappan Zee!

They are but I should have added a disclaimer: I didn't take the pictures, those are stock images taken from their website.

https://mariomcuomobridge.ny.gov/lighting

Feel free to browse all 42 special days the bridge is lit in different colors, otherwise it's just plain old white. Except Earth Day, when all decorative lights are turned off.

And you can submit a special request for your own special color combinations on your own special day. I wonder how many people actually do that?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It may of been mentioned, CBS is making Survivor and Amazing Race 90 minute shows starting in the fall.  They would occasionally have a 90 minute show but now each each episode will be.

I wonder if that means a shorter season or more content with less film on the edit room floor?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wasn't going to bring it up just in case my memory is off but isn't it Jack that developed diabetes? It seems that he is doing great and living an absolutely normal life.🙂

And if my memory is off then I am going to be very embarrassed that I made this post.

Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Ryan has the diabetes.  It's crazy, once Ryan started insulin, he put some weight on (he's actually thin) but shot up this past year.  Especially so while Jim and I were in Florida! (It was for Ryan that Lola became part of our household.😊)  He really needed Lola;  and, she really needed him!  Win-win all around!

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Ryan has the diabetes.  It's crazy, once Ryan started insulin, he put some weight on (he's actually thin) but shot up this past year.  Especially so while Jim and I were in Florida! (It was for Ryan that Lola became part of our household.😊)  He really needed Lola;  and, she really needed him!  Win-win all around!

Well it sounds like he is doing very well. I'm really glad. And there is nothing quite like a boy and his dog.🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Add me to those comments about your beautiful Ava!  And, add me to calling the bridge- Tappan Zee!!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Luckynana How gorgeous! Perfect dress and a beautiful young lady.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your GrandDaughter is Beautiful and so is her dress.     Beautiful weather for proms this week.   I hope she has lots of fun.    

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Absolutely gorgeous ! 

Thank you guys so much!🥰

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if that means a shorter season or more content with less film on the edit room floor?

It sounded like the main purpose to have only two shows on Wednesday.   We saw how good The Love Boat worked out.  I hope it allows for more challenges to win rewards like food or stuff for camp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It sounded like the main purpose to have only two shows on Wednesday.   We saw how good The Love Boat worked out.  I hope it allows for more challenges to win rewards like food or stuff for camp.

The Love Boat, that cruise got cut short.... fortunately!😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Your grand-daughter is beautiful and she chose a beautiful dress. How wonderful that Ryan now has Lola as his special companion.  There is going to be a lot of love there 🐾

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2023 at 8:02 AM, Luckynana said:

It's been a busy couple of days here.  Friday was Jack's 16 Birthday.  He came home from school and announced that he and his friends had won an award for "Best Visual Effects" for their 3 minute movie that students all over Ocean County were assigned to make.   He celebrated his Birthday with friends in the backyard that night while they watched movies "under the stars" once it got dark out.  Yesterday, our granddaughter enjoyed the Taylor Swift Concert with her cousin.  She decorated a white Cowboy hat with different colored rhinestones depicting TS many concerts.  Of course, she was dressed accordingly for a TS concert!  Today is Ryan's 14th Birthday, and he celebrated with his friends doing Rock Climbing.

We certainly lucked out with the weather this weekend.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Happy Birthday to Ryan & Jack.  Sounds like they had great birthdays & your granddaughter was very creative for the TS concert.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, Lionesss said:

Good Morning. 

To begin with the Baptism for our granddaughter was memorable and all the planning paid off. 

2097F6F2-282A-40BF-A8A7-F0E20FD1F13F.thumb.jpeg.555df5b915cd3caefdcf7840390f0a78.jpeg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.856190ebca9aac27d3be3342f47ca59b.jpeg

The visit to the vets with estimated.        

160 pounds of German shepherds (2) was an experience, but no humans were harmed.  

The vegetables were planted in the new raised garden beds and deer fence built to keep the deer out. 

IMG_0447.thumb.jpeg.9ad50bcb07d8a43c48945f2142f362b9.jpeg

IMG_0449.thumb.jpeg.8082b7d03258cefa33b9f23b6022f8ea.jpeg

We had our first local checking out the new secure area. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.53d2d780e0d2df078251ba2569431acd.jpeg

This week only have 2 days of babysitting in Oxford Ohio.

9 yards of mulch to arrive.  That will be laid where it is supposed to go. 

When I return finish packing for our Allure cruise only a few days away. 

Time to attack my Killer “B” list. 
Planning on getting on road by 1pm. 

And when we get home we will go and bring home our new addition. 

IMG_0401.thumb.jpeg.7a1ae5d15481575a496370b50d468214.jpeg

Take care. 

Oh. Almost forgot. 
The mobile alarm clock. 
Does not need set. Just goes off when wants fed. Today. 5:11am. 

IMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.d14f1a106ca655d53e2743f3a8533621.jpeg

Beautiful baptism photo & cake.

Excellent fencing and love your new new addition for land trips.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

We were out for a hike yesterday, and stopped by a flower garden that usually is very colorful with flowers.  We must be late going there this year, because most of the flowers were beyond their prime.  

There were still a couple that were in colorful bloom.  

IMG_7421.thumb.jpeg.c08af9048b30df8505516573b4ced1e4.jpeg

I know the one above is a Siberian Iris, but I don’t remember what the ones below were. 

IMG_7423.thumb.jpeg.44b30642ab5b9680e25f984cbf71c4dc.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I read that George Maharis (Buz Murdoch) passed away at 94.  I remember watching Route 66 when I was a kid.  

IMG_7426.thumb.jpeg.a533e54f3a8bc841fed79b469ba15f97.jpeg

I think I was more interested in seeing the corvette each week. I was surprised how many corvettes they used during the run of the series. And, never a red one. Since the series was filmed in B&W, red never worked with the lighting.  Most of the ones used were beige. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We were out for a hike yesterday, and stopped by a flower garden that usually is very colorful with flowers.  We must be late going there this year, because most of the flowers were beyond their prime.  

I know the one above is a Siberian Iris, but I don’t remember what the ones below were. 

Pink and yellow one in the center is a Peony and the Pink and white one to the extreme right I believe is another Peony.

We have a few in our yard too.

20220504_143504.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Beautiful girl!

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Your grand-daughter is beautiful and she chose a beautiful dress. How wonderful that Ryan now has Lola as his special companion.  There is going to be a lot of love there 🐾

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Perfection. 

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to Ryan & Jack.  Sounds like they had great birthdays & your granddaughter was very creative for the TS concert.

Thank you all for your thoughtful words.  Love you all!🥰  I'm sure going to miss Ava when she heads off to College in the Fall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I absolutely love the Iris plants.  I grew up with a huge garden full of Iris.  We used to cut some of them and bring them to the Nuns in our classrooms.

Our grandson, Jack, as the school videographer, was given a really nice Canon camera for his birthday, and he's been going around our block taking close-up pictures of the flowers and plants.  Beautiful, I must say, just as yours always are, Mark.  You definitely have an eye for taking great pictures.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog I can’t find your original post but your backyard with the pavers & lights is beautiful.

Thanks! It’s still a work in progress but it is becoming a nice place to sit and relax.

• Like 1

Had dinner last night with niece and brother in law at a very nice restaurant in East Aurora a suburb of Buffalo, will be my wife best friend and her husband in a few minutes to get the best buffalo wings and beef on wick in the area , Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen said that this place is his favorite place is called Bar Bills .

• Like 4

On 5/28/2023 at 5:23 PM, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, I only have a hand mixer.  Trust me, I've failed at easier recipes. 

Jack is again making noises about visiting Israel, but airfare is so expensive.  If we do visit, we'll have to cancel Bella 02.  But, we're just in the talking stages every few months.  It's been way too long since Jack saw his twin sister and we have 10 great grand-nieces/nephews we've never met.

Not sure I mentioned that Jack's sister's granddaughter's spinal stroke is attributed to the covid vaccine.  We have no idea what the positive indicator was, but the doctors are all in agreement.  She's categorized as permanently disabled, can walk for short spurts with a walker and has gone back to school with an aide by her side wherever she goes.  My heart goes out to her, so young.  16!

Sometimes I really am unsure of what I should post in here, but I know I'm among friends.

Sometimes young people show so much courage in the face of devastating injuries and illnesses, it’s humbling. 
I hope your sister-in-law’s granddaughter succeeds in school and in life despite the stroke. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1