Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Nothing in particular, it is just beautiful.  For those who just stay in the port area, it may not be great. But it has a lot to see. Every time we go there there is something more to discover. The first time I went, I had read a lot of bad reviews on CC about the port, the language, them not accepting USD, etc etc. But when I went in person, I honestly found the reviews to be very exaggerated ( or perhaps subjective is the right word to use) and each time it grew on me. It is now one of my favorites.

That is how I feel toward St. Maaten. There is something about the vibe of the island, coupled with family memories made there, that makes the island special to me.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is how I feel toward St. Maaten. There is something about the vibe of the island, coupled with family memories made there, that makes the island special to me.

St Maarten is also my favorite Caribbean island great beaches, restaurants etc , I wouldn’t mind a time share there we have friends that spend a month there every year.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been a beautiful Saturday in Sydney.  The sun shined on the lovely young couple that got married today.  We have 4hrs between the church service and the reception on the harbour front.  Spent it at Clark’s Point Reserve Woolwich where the bridal party got some beautiful photos taken (actually there were two bridal parties having photos taken).  Looking forward to tonight’s reception.B04740DE-164A-4A84-8009-0BED6C437F09.thumb.jpeg.02d2aa21dfbb2ec383e43bbdd4b4a919.jpeg

74C47559-8862-4A19-9DC7-380A8E9003B8.thumb.jpeg.6e97ad3374cebdd448db363ab3bc296d.jpeg

A294ACA6-D10D-4737-BD0E-9DDB77300D3E.thumb.jpeg.752de79f11c5a3ea8ecd4bde6eac1914.jpeg

E800F12A-313A-4102-A679-0DC141F117DC.thumb.jpeg.4cc2a3121e8441c9a422ef36367c2c95.jpeg

Your photos always brighten my day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It doesn’t matter to me either, although if someone asked for my preference I guess I’d say leave it where it is.  I was just curious why some might object to a move. 

I don’t know how to find the Floataway Lounge. It used to be listed with the other forums on the home page. 
I have Ken’s  humor page, John’s Bella page, and Dani’s cozy were family page in my favorites. That’s usually all I have time for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t know how to find the Floataway Lounge. It used to be listed with the other forums on the home page. 
I have Ken’s  humor page, John’s Bella page, and Dani’s cozy were family page in my favorites. That’s usually all I have time for. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/130-floataway-lounge/

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

LOL

On the World Cruise webinar Tuesday they were talking about how they were having the Pins made up in advance for all the cruisers attaining Pinnacle status on board so they would not have to wait a month for their package to arrive.  The person that said that obviously is out of touch with reality.

They should get them to the people who have already made 🍍.

On 6/9/2023 at 12:52 AM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We will be in Vancouver for 1 day (day of debark) then 6am flight the next morning.  

No firm plans- neighbor recommend a walking trail and pub near Hyatt Regency.

We made it to Anchorage - been a long long day.  

lyft is scheduled for 5:30 am to catch the Alaska Railroad to Seward.  

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ditto.  It's always been my fave, since the first time I stopped in 1992.  My first "rent a scooter and just ride randomly around the island" self-excursion I ever did, and probably still the single favorite port stop I've had in 20+ cruises.  Love the resilience of the people...I know you can say the same about most of the islands/people, but something about SXM resonates enough that my wife and I have made specific post-hurricane cruises that stopped there so we could spread some buying $$$ around the island.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Both Ken's humor page and John's Bella page are both located in the Floataway Lounge.  As long as they were in your "favorites" you will automatically be re-directed, and you won't even be aware of the change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Both Ken's humor page and John's Bella page are both located in the Floataway Lounge.  As long as they were in your "favorites" you will automatically be re-directed, and you won't even be aware of the change.

Well, truer words were never spoken! 
I wasn’t aware!

The great thing is that my favorites are backed up in the cloud with everything else, so I didn’t notice being transported somewhere else when I had to upload everything into my new phone. 

10 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Our excursion for Juneau tomorrow was cancelled.  Maybe just catch a ride to Mendenhall Glacier and wander a bit instead.   Any suggestions?

Cheers 🍻 Mark

How about the gondola if the weather is nice and lunch at Tracey’s Crab Shack. 😋

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Our excursion for Juneau tomorrow was cancelled.  Maybe just catch a ride to Mendenhall Glacier and wander a bit instead.   Any suggestions?

Cheers 🍻 Mark

I would take the blue bus to Mendenhall and walk out to Nugget Falls.  We did Steep Creek trail last time too and found a park ranger who was out on the boardwalk, showing people a porcupine that had climbed a tree.  He gave a little talk on porcupine habits and had quills to show us.  Was kind of neat to see.  He was on that trail because there had been bear earlier in the morning and was going to close it if they were seen again.  We can easily spend three hours at Mendenhall.  You could also hire a cab to take you and come pick you up at a set time.  I would come back to downtown, do some shopping and then go to Tracey's for crab.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would take the blue bus to Mendenhall and walk out to Nugget Falls.  We did Steep Creek trail last time too and found a park ranger who was out on the boardwalk, showing people a porcupine that had climbed a tree.  He gave a little talk on porcupine habits and had quills to show us.  Was kind of neat to see.  He was on that trail because there had been bear earlier in the morning and was going to close it if they were seen again.  We can easily spend three hours at Mendenhall.  You could also hire a cab to take you and come pick you up at a set time.  I would come back to downtown, do some shopping and then go to Tracey's for crab.

ooh, that sounds really good too!  TY

• Like 1

Regarding finding threads one has posted in, I have my settings to automatically "follow" anything that I post in, and I have a single CC bookmark/favorite:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/?&stream_include_comments=0&stream_read=unread&stream_unread_links=1

All I do is click on my CC link above, and it brings me to a list of the threads I've posted in that have new responses in them since the last time I was here.  

If I then want to go to the RC board or someplace else, I can use the drop-down menu "FORUM JUMP" at the bottom of every thread.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@lenquixote

I was going thru emails that I hadn’t deleted yet. Came across this one and I can’t remember if I asked you about it. When I click on the link it doesn’t show the comment, but it also doesn’t say it was deleted so I don’t know what the deal is.

Anyway, I really like watching the show The First 48. It’s about detectives and the cases they work on. Did you have any really interesting cases?

IMG_3248.thumb.jpeg.cfd4ca169a19372c6427412c5ebe65a4.jpeg

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

8 hours ago, George C said:

St Maarten is also my favorite Caribbean island great beaches, restaurants etc , I wouldn’t mind a time share there we have friends that spend a month there every year.

St. Maarten is also one of our favorite islands.

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Correct, and thank you, Graham, and all who'd like it to stay right here 👍

I also hope it will stay here. 

• Like 2