Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That may be so, but as women, we also have the privilege to "push" our babies out.  Just sayin..😉

Back in my residency days when I was on obstetrics rotations I heard some pretty interesting stuff come out of women's mouths as they were pushing out those babies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

@dani negreanu and @aussielozzie18

I read your posts about the Texas fruitcake and I recalled a good memory.

For many years, my uncle would give my Mom a fruitcake from that bakery in Texas. The cake was rich and loaded with pecans-yum - and candied fruit-not so yum - as I recall. I don’t think the pictures on the tin have changed over the years.

Thank you both for reminding me of something pleasant from my younger years.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 8

I guess that sharing advice about constipation and talking about health aliments is showing that most of participants (including me) on this thread are at a mature age.

Hoping that everyone's health challenges have a good outcome. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our trip to Florida for the holidays hasn’t even started, and our daughter wanted us to book one of the houses we had a couple years ago for 2024/2025 Christmas / New year.  So now, next year is booked, and we got it for the same price as the last time we stayed there.  I think they like repeat guests that don’t cause any problems.

Once the dates were booked, I started looking at cruises.  We like to cruise either before or after a stay, or both.  Of course last year we had only the stay, and canceled the cruise because of what was going on.  This year, we have a cruise both before and after.

Looking at cruises December 2024 and January 2025, and the offerings are not too appealing.  Royal’s prices are still crazy high, IMO, and that had me looking elsewhere.  I am intrigued by the new Sun Princess that starts sailing in February.  An OV balcony on. 6 night Western sailing on Oasis, with no perks, is the same price as an OV balcony 7 night Western sailing on the new Sun Princess, and it comes with drinks, tips, and WiFi.   I think I know which way I am leaning.  

A cruise on princess is very much like what cruising was years ago. More of the traditional cruise style with food and service. They are very relaxing. 

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vibe said:

A cruise on princess is very much like what cruising was years ago. More of the traditional cruise style with food and service. They are very relaxing. 

We have sailed Princess a few times before, but our last time was five or six years ago. The new ship looks to be just slightly larger than Odyssey, and some of the venues look interesting.  

• Like 3

On 11/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, Luckynana said:

We headed home the following week, and my daughter surprised me with a pumpkin pie!!  I was thrilled, especially since I am the only person in the family who eats it.

That's why I like to buy pecan pie... I'm the only person who eats it, so I get the whole thing!  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 11/7/2023 at 3:37 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, there is a balloon to keep the catheter in. You don't want to pull it out without deflating the balloon. It not only hurts but can cause a lot of damage to the urethra.... the tube you urinate through.

It also tends to create a bloody mess (says the person who has to deal with the bloody mess). 

On 11/7/2023 at 4:33 PM, Sea Dog said:

OB is correct. They told me the balloon on the other end helps keep it in the bladder. They will deflate it before taking it out. I can imagine taking it out is not going to feel very good at all.

It's going to feel a heck of a lot better than it did going in!!!  

Honestly, once that balloon is deflated, it just kinda slips out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Honestly, once that balloon is deflated, it just kinda slips out.

I sure hope so. Right now I’m having a lot of stomach cramping and swollen groin pain on my left side. I imagine my lymph nodes are swollen. Why I don’t know. I tried everything last night including Myralax, pickle juice, and lots of water and I still can’t have a bowel movement. It’s going on 6 days now. I’m going to call my surgeon’s office  this morning to see what I should do. Forget the knee replacement pain. This is worse. At least I have not had an Oxycodone for 24 hours.

• Like 4

On 11/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, Sea Dog said:

The only thing hurting is this catheter and my stomach cramping from not being able to have a bowel movement. Sorry kids for the graphic description.

I tell every surgical patient that they're going to want to take plenty of stool softeners (Colace and/or Miralax) as soon as they get home, and adding some senna and a fiber supplement would be a good idea, too.  It's a lot easier to get stuff going again BEFORE there's a concrete block sitting in your abdomen.  Between the anesthesia slowing down the gut, and the pain pills slowing down the gut, and the decreased movement (walking, etc.) right after surgery, it's the Triple Crown of Constipation!  👑

If you have a Sam's Club membership, these gummies are a palatable way of adding to your fiber intake.  Two gummies are considered to be one serving, with 5g of fiber.  A small handful of these a couple times a day can help get things moving without the cramping that can come from a laxative.  (And they're on sale right now, too!)

Vitafusion-Fiber-Well-Gummies-220-ct-Sam-s-Club.png.47209147069881fca68b4bb395c92cbe.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Women are easier as they have no prostate gland and their urethra is significantly shorter.😉

When it comes to putting them in, men are MUCH easier.  

Only twice have I ever failed to get a Foley in, and both times were on women who had tumors in the way (urologist had to do both of those).  So far (*knock wood*) I've yet to meet a prostate that I couldn't sneak past.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You're on top of things! 

I still haven't  figured out what I'm doing for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister reminded me it's only 2 weeks away to which I replied "That means I still have a week to think about it".

We should check to see if we're related.... I usually finish packing about three seconds before I have to leave for the airport!

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

As for Lisa, she is actually hoping to have the surgery. She has had a constant ache on the front side and if she eats a bit of “bad” food she has the same pain only worse on her front and back side. It’s been 6 weeks so far, and she doesn’t want this forever. 

She’s going to tell the DR she wants it out. Turns out we know a few people who have had it removed. 

It's probably the most common surgery we see at our hospital.  I think it's also the most common surgery I see in my patients' charts for past medical history.  

As @DaniDanielle said, it's a laparoscopic surgery that's pretty easy as surgeries go.  A friend had hers taken out while she was seven months pregnant!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I tell every surgical patient that they're going to want to take plenty of stool softeners (Colace and/or Miralax) as soon as they get home, and adding some senna and a fiber supplement would be a good idea, too.  It's a lot easier to get stuff going again BEFORE there's a concrete block sitting in your abdomen.  Between the anesthesia slowing down the gut, and the pain pills slowing down the gut, and the decreased movement (walking, etc.) right after surgery, it's the Triple Crown of Constipation!  👑

If you have a Sam's Club membership, these gummies are a palatable way of adding to your fiber intake.  Two gummies are considered to be one serving, with 5g of fiber.  A small handful of these a couple times a day can help get things moving without the cramping that can come from a laxative.  (And they're on sale right now, too!)

Vitafusion-Fiber-Well-Gummies-220-ct-Sam-s-Club.png.47209147069881fca68b4bb395c92cbe.png

Thanks Debbie. Linda got me some Metamucil pills which I have been taking. So far nothing is working. I had this problem with constipation on my last knee replacement but never to this extent of having a catheter out in as well as the swollen left groin area. 

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Debbie. Linda got me some Metamucil pills which I have been taking. So far nothing is working. I had this problem with constipation on my last knee replacement but never to this extent of having a catheter out in as well as the swollen left groin area. 

Hopefully things start rolling soon!

• Like 1