Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

No rolls.  All the ingredients are loose in the pot. Unstuffed cabbage.  Same taste.

The first time I went to make stuffed cabbage in my 20's I didn't realize I had to put the cabbage head in boiling water to peel off the leaves.    I had a whole bunch of torn leaves so I did "unstuffed" stuffed cabbage.   It does taste just as good so sometimes I make this version vs. the actual stuffed version.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is still cooking... DS1 asked for some comfort food for the weekly Friday night get together, and DH was happy to oblige with my late mom stuffed cabbage recipe. It was excellent. I've managed to get a pic before DH had a chance to "stage" it....

image.thumb.jpeg.505045acbffe8495785fc5b350921ec3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2066b8d615883fd7512c35f206c3a271.jpeg

Food shopping - luckily, we have a supermarket a few mins walk from our building. Usually, we manage to stop by between air raids, since there is a "cease fire" of at least 30 mins between them. Many products are missing, since, for poultry, many workers were Palestinians coming over daily from the Gaza strip. Moreover, the area which was attacked is agricultural, now a war zone, many products are just wilting in the fields. Prices have risen considerably.

Many of our neighbors have moved with family/friends outside the range of air raids. Others, like our next door neighbors, are all reservists who have been called to duty -- mom, dad + daughters...

This morning DH found a "squatter" on our car, who refused to move... Not until DH started moving very very slowly.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e257f1180ada1e28534b9442d61c2e5.jpeg

Since the number of air raids has slowed down considerably in the last days, I've decided to be brave and went to the hairdresser. My first question was: "where are we going to 'congregate' in the event of an air raid?" "Behind this wall" was the answer... [May be 4 people might fit there securely....]

The saloon was empty. It is on ground floor, and the 1st floor is occupied by the nail lady and the eye brows lady, both of them were not in.

My hairdresser employs 2 helpers, one is doing the washing and phones, and the other minor jobs like fan and coloring. Today, the hairdresser's wife was doing the first job. I asked if Antony has left for another position... The reply shocked and saddened me enormously -- "Antony was killed in the music festival, along with his wife and 5 of his friends"....They left behind a 4 year and 7 year old.

It really hit home, since it is someone I've known for years, a free spirit hippy style guy, always with a smile and a laid back attitude. It is so different from hearing that 1400 people were killed, but, luckily, you don't know personally one of them.

Dani, thanks checking in with all of us. It is heart breaking to read about the worker at the salon who was killed, along with his wife.  I can not even imagine all the emotions.

Even with all the chaos around you, seeing the food photos makes me think about how some things feel normal in a time of unknown. It gives me a feeling similar to you cleaning your fridge, at the beginning of this entire thread. 

I also smiled to myself at the cat laying on your car.  Nothing seems to put out a cat, not even a war. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We did some jobs outside today with the nice weather.  We took the pumpkins to our neighbour’s house today. His horse will eat them.  The one on the right was terrified after seeing what happen to his friend. 

IMG_2451.thumb.jpeg.04fc289a69f38526bc9fb9a2b5f9570f.jpeg

I also checked all our Christmas lights, before putting them out this week. They all worked when plugged in.  

Lucy also came out around to see what I was up to and supervise. She got lots of pets and I fluffed up her bed of shavings. 

IMG_2453.thumb.jpeg.9ab09fec47710b512fbce1ab3a3bf3cf.jpeg

IMG_2454.thumb.jpeg.bb3aa374c2bfab39306db5dd345c90dd.jpeg

I also cleaned the BBQ. No photos of that thankless task, but here is the after product. Pork chops for dinner. 

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.2669deae34f6bc8d1274074fd0a21983.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 18

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is still cooking... DS1 asked for some comfort food for the weekly Friday night get together, and DH was happy to oblige with my late mom stuffed cabbage recipe. It was excellent. I've managed to get a pic before DH had a chance to "stage" it....

Food shopping - luckily, we have a supermarket a few mins walk from our building. Usually, we manage to stop by between air raids, since there is a "cease fire" of at least 30 mins between them. Many products are missing, since, for poultry, many workers were Palestinians coming over daily from the Gaza strip. Moreover, the area which was attacked is agricultural, now a war zone, many products are just wilting in the fields. Prices have risen considerably.

Many of our neighbors have moved with family/friends outside the range of air raids. Others, like our next door neighbors, are all reservists who have been called to duty -- mom, dad + daughters...

This morning DH found a "squatter" on our car, who refused to move... Not until DH started moving very very slowly.

Since the number of air raids has slowed down considerably in the last days, I've decided to be brave and went to the hairdresser. My first question was: "where are we going to 'congregate' in the event of an air raid?" "Behind this wall" was the answer... [May be 4 people might fit there securely....]

The saloon was empty. It is on ground floor, and the 1st floor is occupied by the nail lady and the eye brows lady, both of them were not in.

My hairdresser employs 2 helpers, one is doing the washing and phones, and the other minor jobs like fan and coloring. Today, the hairdresser's wife was doing the first job. I asked if Antony has left for another position... The reply shocked and saddened me enormously -- "Antony was killed in the music festival, along with his wife and 5 of his friends"....They left behind a 4 year and 7 year old.

It really hit home, since it is someone I've known for years, a free spirit hippy style guy, always with a smile and a laid back attitude. It is so different from hearing that 1400 people were killed, but, luckily, you don't know personally one of them.

Very very sorry to hear about this Dani. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m sorry Dani for everything that is going on. Very sad about Antony.

So happy your DH is cooking and your Ds1 got to enjoy it. 

Thinking of you!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We did some jobs outside today with the nice weather.  We took the pumpkins to our neighbour’s house today. His horse will eat them.  The one on the right was terrified after seeing what happen to his friend. 

IMG_2451.thumb.jpeg.04fc289a69f38526bc9fb9a2b5f9570f.jpeg

I also checked all our Christmas lights, before putting them out this week. They all worked when plugged in.  

Lucy also came out around to see what I was up to and supervise. She got lots of pets and I fluffed up her bed of shavings. 

IMG_2453.thumb.jpeg.9ab09fec47710b512fbce1ab3a3bf3cf.jpeg

IMG_2454.thumb.jpeg.bb3aa374c2bfab39306db5dd345c90dd.jpeg

I also cleaned the BBQ. No photos of that thankless task, but here is the after product. Pork chops for dinner. 

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.2669deae34f6bc8d1274074fd0a21983.jpeg

Those peas looks like raisins to me.............

• Haha 1

Yesterday in Honolulu I walked to the Iolani Palace and the statue of King Kamehameha.

IMG_5643.thumb.jpeg.cbb535a1d3a31e6f95d9a1dedba8a209.jpeg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpeg.389ce6b71ccd585a5ea405d929cc7853.jpeg

IMG_5639.thumb.jpeg.b831d2cdd7a7ba63f0b00c8e519bbc3d.jpeg

Unfortunately, the day did not end well for me.

IMG_5654.thumb.jpeg.cfbd900dbd569a884fcc56a7049df32c.jpeg

Fortunately, nothing broken or fractured.  A torn meniscus is the diagnosis.  Not how I planned on spending my time in Hawaii, but I’m very thankful it wasn’t worse.

Tomorrow is Kona, then we head back to SF.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Yesterday in Honolulu I walked to the Iolani Palace and the statue of King Kamehameha.

Fortunately, nothing broken or fractured.  A torn meniscus is the diagnosis.  Not how I planned on spending my time in Hawaii, but I’m very thankful it wasn’t worse.

Oh no, that stinks.  Like you said glad nothing is broken but this sounds painful.   Are you able to get around with crutches or need a wheelchair?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Ouch, hope you are able to be up and about soon.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Tomorrow is Kona, then we head back to 

How did you injure yourself? Did they do an MRI?

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

How did you injure yourself? Did they do an MRI?

Not a MRI , but XRays.  Wish I could say I was playing tennis, but I fell.  Wierd thing is, I was off ship, and continued my walk back, about a mile.  Went up for a bite to eat, then showered and shampooed and laid down for a nap.  Everything was fine.  Woke up from my nap because of the pain in my knee. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Not a MRI , but XRays.  Wish I could say I was playing tennis, but I fell.  Wierd thing is, I was off ship, and continued my walk back, about a mile.  Went up for a bite to eat, then showered and shampooed and laid down for a nap.  Everything was fine.  Woke up from my nap because of the pain in my knee. 🤷‍♀️

X-rays will not show a torn minuscus. You need an MRI to confirm a torn meniscus. I'm a bit skeptical of the diagnosis considering you were fine until waking up from your nap. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

X-rays will not show a torn minuscus. You need an MRI to confirm a torn meniscus. I'm a bit skeptical of the diagnosis considering you were fine until waking up from your nap. 

Thank you.  They apparently don’t have MRI capabilities.  I think he made his diagnosis from poking and prodding.  He mentioned that I should have an MRI when I get home. I have already contacted my Dr. and have an appt. on Mon. the 27th.  At this point, I’m just thankful it is no longer hurting.

• Like 9