Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Sending prayers for your grand dog.  It’s amazing how attached we become to them. 

My daughter and her husband cruise every year with his relatives.Their dog stays with us.He either sleeps in our bed or at the foot of my side of the bed.He is a very loving soon to be 9 year old dog.

Thank you .

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning everyone.  Sitting in Dr office waiting for my 6 month checkup.  I was amazed to find our thread on page 2 on CC.  Don't recall that happening before?

Hope all are well!🥰

I was at a doctors office today .Much to my surprise as soon as I sat down in the waiting room my name was called .I hope you get good results from your check up,MaryAnn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are boarding the Celebrity Silhouette on Monday for 10 night Caribbean sailing. St Marten, St Lucia, Grenada, Tobago, Antigua.
Tobago is a new port for us. We booked this a year ago.
Some CC friends are also on this sailing.

The Silhouette is my all time favorite cruise ship.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, ValerieJo said:

Went out this morning to head over to the local Lands' End store.   Trying to find shorts in Michigan in November is pretty much impossible.  I need some new shorts for our January cruise, and I ended up finding some on clearance on the Lands' End website.  If you order at the store, there are no shipping charges.  

I don't think there are any Lands End stores in UK but I buy on line quite a few things. Love their 'no tug' swimsuits and matching cover ups 

• Like 3

Yesterday was our normal weekly grandson childcare day. 

Started off with music class, which our other grandson and his mum goes to too. Great fun.

Absolutely pouring with rain so our normal park visit didn't happen.  Later in the afternoon 

we had a walk in the woods  'going on a bear hunt'.

Lots of mud and puddles to splash through

Lovely day 

20231114_161655.thumb.jpg.41367eb1d103cb4adc00274bff721b03.jpg

• Like 22

24 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday was our normal weekly grandson childcare day. 

Started off with music class, which our other grandson and his mum goes to too. Great fun.

Absolutely pouring with rain so our normal park visit didn't happen.  Later in the afternoon 

we had a walk in the woods  'going on a bear hunt'.

Lots of mud and puddles to splash through

Lovely day 

20231114_161655.thumb.jpg.41367eb1d103cb4adc00274bff721b03.jpg

He looks like a little astronaut, Sue. ☺️ Fun day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Also this month, 1 year since the passing of DW.   Oddly, both simultaneously seem so distant time-wise and yet so recent.

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

(((Hugs))❤️

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@HBE4From here also

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@HBE4+1 from here too. 

@HBE4 + 4 ((( )))

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That sounds like a really excellent itinerary. Antigua & St. Lucia was our honeymoon spot, 6 days each, 30 years ago this month. Also this month, 1 year since the passing of DW.   Oddly, both simultaneously seem so distant time-wise and yet so recent.

Do you have any excursions planned for either island?

Hugs to you HB. Please be strong. She is looking after you.
I will think about you in Antigua and St Lucia, and say a prayer.

Excursions: Catamaran cruise to the Pitons (St Lucia), Small group homestead cooking in Grenada and Beach, Pigeon Point Beach in Tobago. Through Celebrity. The other ports will just go on our own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone else notice? more and more people on this thread are cruising  on other cruiselines then Royal  Caribbean?

Or skipping cruising altogether. I think Royal is going after the younger family crowd who is willing to spend for both the cruise and all the extras.  Most here I think are on the older side and don't want or need all that. 

We have a short Celebrity cruise booked in January, got a great resident rate, that we will sandwich with land stops.  Other than that have Bella2 booked and not even looking at any more, looking at land based trips instead.  Value of cruising just not there for us right now, definitely not on Royal.

• Like 11