Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Not only not economical in the amount of words but repeated their long post.  

Too bad about the fairy dust.  Renee made some good points that I hope were read before the poof.  

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hate that I missed it.  Many posts must of poofed.  I hadn't looked since yesterday and now there is only 1 additional post.

When I have more time,  maybe I post a reply. I wasn't kidding when I said Renee wrote exactly I was thinking. I won't be able to duplicate Renee's style but maybe the spirit of her gone-to-soon post.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Arzeena @bobmacliberty The ship was a good guess, but this is it. Also, working on my drink list. I don't remember the name of this one. 🤪

20231226_190342.thumb.jpg.0ea90ba93144460b15df79e734f7ae09.jpg

I don't know much about purses (ahem...handbags), but I agree with @Keksie.  I love it.  Looks like you're working from John's drink list?  The Newcastle is a give away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@lenquixote66 Lenny-Small world connection.

You mentioned Florida,NY.

One of my good friend’s ex husband and his second wife live in Florida, NY!

I think it is near Nyack , NY.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I know it is in Ocean County but not exactly where.I know people living in Rome,NY and Denver,NY.

Great weather in LI today😀

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I love it.  Super cute!

Thanks.

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know much about purses (ahem...handbags), but I agree with @Keksie.  I love it.  Looks like you're working from John's drink list?  The Newcastle is a give away.

Thanks. Yes I do believe it's from John. Helen and I tried to make headway on our TA and British Isles cruises several months ago, but I think we both failed miserably. At least I know I did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Imagree

St.Patrick’s is very beautiful.I have been there many times.In 2018 Toby and I went on a tour of churches and temples of many dominations in Queens,Manhattan and Staten Island.So many places of worship that I had no idea existed such as the Buddhist temple in SI.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:40 PM, h20skibum said:

Than you.  Will do, but it will probably be here than on my Symphony live thread. 

Christmas dinner was at the Rustic Inn Crabhouse.  Everything was perfect.  

Cat 3 Hurricane

IMG_0184.thumb.jpeg.61fca268d233df0cc5642fbb094d379e.jpeg

And the most tender ribs and mahi mahi. 

IMG_0185.thumb.jpeg.e15d113fed86cc8ef6dae4dcc0428e68.jpeg

And, we found two friends for Daryl. Too bad we didn’t bring him. 

IMG_0186.thumb.jpeg.9beb534dd0d19e8edda0d9998912bbce.jpeg

We love the Rustic Inn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We love the Rustic Inn.

We were just there again today, for lunch.  The place was really packed. 

My daughter-in-law is wicked with the mallet, cracking crabs.  Think a couple pieces of flying shells were headed my way.  

Everyone loves it there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

More good news.  I had my first ENT appointment yesterday. He said his visual inspection of my throat shows no sign of the cancer. He will monitor every couple of months. He said it could take a year for all of the after effects of the radiation to go away. 

While I was in treatment, they stopped and I received 2 units of blood. When I returned, the oncologist did a blood test and ordered another of blood.  Earlier this week I had another test, and the oncologist said it is looking good and no more blood. 

Apparently  the treatment affected the bone marrow.

I guess these are all good signs.

Fantastic news! I’m so happy for you.

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's Friday night and Ohio State plays in the Cotton Bowl shortly.  Time for a smoked Old Fashioned, @Sea Dog style.  Your Old Fashioned recipe is still my favorite Greg, although I ran out of rye and had to cheat by doubling up the bourbon.  The sacrifices that I make.

Sometimes sacrifices must be made. Cheers!!

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic news! I’m so happy for you.

Sometimes sacrifices must be made. Cheers!!

Thanks so very much.   How is Linda doing.  I once fell and crushed my wrist. When I  was in the recovery room after they repaired my wrist, there was a patient beside be that had rotator cuff surgery and the doctor described what he had to do now, and I hoped I never had to go through that.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 11:35 AM, Keksie said:

One of my gifts from my son was a digital photo frame with the wedding pictures.  It is so much fun to remember the day.  It was kind of a blur while it was happening.

EM1_8531.thumb.jpg.15846d9b0e6f396902d8d186406896a8.jpg

Beautiful couple and great gift.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:42 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Why do you ask ?

Just curious. When I have posted a picture of myself that isn't current I always say how far back it is. 

On 12/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Sue! She’s in recovery. Surgery went well repaired torn rotator, torn labrum and shaved off some bone spurs on her collarbone. She won’t be feeling great for awhile but she will get better and be able to move her arm better.

I'm still catching up so I'm sure there is more news, but very happy to hear her surgery went well. Mike also had rotator cuff surgery. He tore it climbing up a ship. He did the pt as instructed and more so he has complete range of motion and he feels like he never tore it. I'm sure that's because he did a lot of pt. Tell her to do as much as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks so very much.   How is Linda doing.  I once fell and crushed my wrist. When I  was in the recovery room after they repaired my wrist, there was a patient beside be that had rotator cuff surgery and the doctor described what he had to do now, and I hoped I never had to go through that.

They say it’s worse than knee replacement.

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just curious. When I have posted a picture of myself that isn't current I always say how far back it is. 

I'm still catching up so I'm sure there is more news, but very happy to hear her surgery went well. Mike also had rotator cuff surgery. He tore it climbing up a ship. He did the pt as instructed and more so he has complete range of motion and he feels like he never tore it. I'm sure that's because he did a lot of pt. Tell her to do as much as possible. 

Good to know. I hope she will get back a full range of motion.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Gosh, how to pick just two designs? They are all fabulous!  Never heard of them until you posted.  Looking forward to seeing your other choice.  

I have 4 of hers and I'm trying not to look at any more. 😁

On 12/26/2023 at 8:48 PM, lenquixote66 said:

August 3,2014

👍

On 12/28/2023 at 10:43 AM, NHProud said:

Woe , it is only day 18 out of 274 and things are heating up on the World Cruise according to a post on my f b page .  A couple arguing loudly in the hallway and a woman throwing her husband’s wet clothes out of the washing machine on the floor and at the same time screaming I can’t live with him anymore.  Too much togetherness ? 

They should've booked 2 cabins. Wonder how many divorces there will be after this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Arzeena @bobmacliberty The ship was a good guess, but this is it. Also, working on my drink list. I don't remember the name of this one. 🤪

20231226_190342.thumb.jpg.0ea90ba93144460b15df79e734f7ae09.jpg

Love it!  That was the one that I picked for you when I looked at their website - I thought it was the perfect cruise handbag 🍍🍹

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I normally do as well.I posted a picture in the Floataway Lounge from about 30 years ago.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

When I have more time,  maybe I post a reply. I wasn't kidding when I said Renee wrote exactly I was thinking. I won't be able to duplicate Renee's style but maybe the spirit of her gone-to-soon post.

Reply has been posted.

Let the countdown begin to the fairy dust sprinkle, thread lock or monopoly.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1