Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We took Charlie to the emergency room.  He wasn’t feeling any better, arm and leg were giving him problems.  He think his arm was broken but have not heard any news yet.  Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.  We really could use a little less drama!

I am glad you took him to be checked out.  Better safe than sorry.  Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.  🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We took Charlie to the emergency room.  He wasn’t feeling any better, arm and leg were giving him problems.  He think his arm was broken but have not heard any news yet.  Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.  We really could use a little less drama!

I'm also glad you took him to get checked out.   Hopefully nothing is broken 🙏   Please keep us posted when you can.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you for asking, Debbie.  They are doing the best they can with all that comes with a newborn, trying to figure a lot of stuff out.  I think the lack of sleep though is pretty hard.  We can’t wait to see them next week.

If only every baby came with a personalized manual😅   The lack of sleep is always a challenge and takes a bit of time to work out a schedule of sleeping when the baby sleeps.  

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our trip to AC ended up with Charlie falling in the shower.  He got lightheaded and just went down.  He is sore and black and blue and getting him home is going to be fun.  My daughter is down here and is coming over in the morning to drive home with us.  Hopefully, he will just need rest.  I have to say security was great, they were up here in five minutes and got him on his feet.  No more trips for us.

Oh no, Marietta.  I am so sorry that Charlie fell in the shower.  Poor guy!  Thank goodness your daughter is in AC and will be able to drive home with the two of you.   I hope Charlie is okay.  (((Hugs))) for you, Marietta.❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid  So good to hear from you, John,  I'm sorry your ACL has been giving you a tough time.  The pictures of your grandchildren are so welcome by all of us on our Dani thread.  Looking forward to hear how your vegetable garden turns out this Spring/Summer.  Prayers for you, our dear friend!🙏❤️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh no.  I hope they get it figured out and treated quickly.  Less drama would be good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Honestly, if you don't drink, you should.😉

• Haha 10

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Years ago I told Charlie he should write a thank you note to whoever invented vodka! That has kept me going😊You can’t beat a good cocktailIMG_1143.thumb.jpeg.594468f48116764a7ba5d6616e0450d8.jpeg

👍👍👍

I gave up alcohol for Lent.... big mistake.😳

• Like 8

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear about Charlie's fall. I hope they get to the bottom of what happened. 

Something weird happened to me on the flight to Singapore a few days ago.  I'm normally pretty healthy, but I got up about 3 hours into the flight to go to the bathroom. Waited for the toilet to be free and next thing I knew I was on the floor coming round with two or three flight attendant around me.  I had no feeling of being dizzy or that I was 'going'. Have never fainted in my life before.  Apparently the FA told Gary I had 'gone' three times .

Was fine after and can only think I was dehydrated 

Luckily no bruises or hurt from the fall 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope Icon, Star, and Utopia haven't already been scrapped when I turn Pinnacle.

Well before I couldnt even see me getting to pinnacle, but now at least I can count how many nights I need to get there and say it's possible though they could change things before I get there.

Well that was fun. My cousin and hubby came by to pick up the quilt boxes and I sent them off with some good aged tequila and scotch. I dont drink the white non aged tequila if I drink. I want the aged at least. I kept the bottle of anejo. 

We went out for mexican and we all enjoyed it a lot. Some strong margaritas lol. I said let's eat early it gets really hard to park later on and all agreed. Very popular local place. A good time was had by all.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about Charlie's fall. I hope they get to the bottom of what happened. 

Something weird happened to me on the flight to Singapore a few days ago.  I'm normally pretty healthy, but I got up about 3 hours into the flight to go to the bathroom. Waited for the toilet to be free and next thing I knew I was on the floor coming round with two or three flight attendant around me.  I had no feeling of being dizzy or that I was 'going'. Have never fainted in my life before.  Apparently the FA told Gary I had 'gone' three times .

Wow that sounds scary too. You falling too. Please all take care of yourselves. That's really odd just fainting if you dont usually. Would scare me especially. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is cruise day !! 

We've had a very enjoyable four days in Singapore. Weather has been humid but often with cloud cover so doesn't feel too hot. Lots of walking, over 22,000 steps yesterday.  Near us is Clark Quay so we have enjoyed that area, lots of Riverside restaurants and did a mini river cruise. Also next to hotel is fort Cannjng Park. Really enjoyed the beauty and Serenity of the park with all the different vegetation and trees, plus the history of the bunker where Singapore was surrendered to the Japanese during WW2 (thanks @aussielozzie18for the suggestion). 

Had to have a Singapore Sling at Raffles. Very expense but enjoyed the experience, thinking about all the famous people and history that went on in the Long Bar during the beginning of the last century.

Also went to the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands Hotel for cocktails,  great experience and was there for the light show right in front of us. 

Yesterday we went to the Gardens by the Bay

The cloud dome was fascinating. Huge great indoor waterfalls, tropical plants and big variety of orchids, some so tiny you could only see them through a magnifying glass

Enjoying a Singapore Sling at Raffles Long Bar

IMG-20240224-WA0000.thumb.jpg.7a44a674ac6e94814c06284133952641.jpg

Fort Canning Park

20240224_073710.thumb.jpg.d118d6840d97bd2753a676f78367acc6.jpg

IMG-20240224-WA0004.thumb.jpg.714d58671cfae2118476bd6728ac4c24.jpg

Floor 57 of MBS

IMG-20240224-WA0009.thumb.jpg.bec7b7327577be7747a304410e214f36.jpg

Olive tree in the Med section of the flower dome, Gardens by the Bay

20240225_064702.thumb.jpg.8a454b962e462dc1b5bc71b32ad7f34f.jpg

waterfalls and orchards in the cloud dome

20240225_070647.thumb.jpg.5c0893486bf5a3fbe8000164e7464dca.jpg

20240225_071929.thumb.jpg.8d03cdf036c8cea301d0efd232daa346.jpg

20240225_072503.thumb.jpg.a99830ee56afa0c52342a17e6387e4d5.jpg

Super trees 

20240225_100556.thumb.jpg.18c060e5a2f15af2ec4d0107c9376ea0.jpg

MBS at duck. The hotelvis built to resemble a ship on three pillars

20240225_105333.thumb.jpg.b696e438f3e6d88d3c2cd53bfe98c908.jpg

20240225_074251.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Omg Sue, that had to be scary to open your eyes and find yourself on the floor with FAs looking at you.   Thankful you are OK now.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg Sue, that had to be scary to open your eyes and find yourself on the floor with FAs looking at you.   Thankful you are OK now.😊

Thank you Debbie, I can only remember feeing I was really comfortable waking up from a deep sleep,  weird but bought some hydration tabs and am drinking lots of water. Fingers crossed 🤞 it was a one off

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@Ozark_Kid  So good to hear from you, John,  I'm sorry your ACL has been giving you a tough time.  The pictures of your grandchildren are so welcome by all of us on our Dani thread.  Looking forward to hear how your vegetable garden turns out this Spring/Summer.  Prayers for you, our dear friend!🙏❤️

Thanks.  

Looks like spellchecker got you and changed ALS to ACL.

A couple of weeks ago I had my quarterly appointment with my Neurologist.   After 3 months  and losing another 10lbs and now weighing 142 lbs the Neurologist recommended taking in more fat such as eat more ice cream and drink more milk shakes.  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night I drank a milk shake.  Yesterday I was about to take a break when our DD from out of town surprised us.  She showed up with milk shakes for all! 

Today we took a break and just had a DQ Blizzard.   Just goes to show that sometimes you can find a positive when things are not great.

• Like 34

51 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Years ago I told Charlie he should write a thank you note to whoever invented vodka! That has kept me going😊You can’t beat a good cocktailIMG_1143.thumb.jpeg.594468f48116764a7ba5d6616e0450d8.jpeg

That's the spirit, Marietta!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2