Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got back from the doctor.  Such a relief!

Oh, I'm so glad for you and Charlie.  Take a deep breath, and crack open that bottle of Vodka, Marietta!🥰😘

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good news.  Slight tear in shoulder, therapy suggested.  He also has two slight fractures near the shoulder that are healing on their own.  We are blessed!  Thanks

Great news. Hoping that therapy does the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I often think of you and your family and friends. I hope this sad time will be over before too much longer. 

@jagsfan

Thanks, Mimi. So glad to see you posting. This sad time is also the worst time -- tragic mistakes are made and innocent people pay with their lives. High time to stop and look for peaceful solutions.

48 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, I'm so glad for you and Charlie.  Take a deep breath, and crack open that bottle of Vodka, Marietta!🥰😘

@DaniDanielle

+ 1 , Marietta 😘

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s posted on the FOB FB page.

Beautiful photos Helen. Looks like an amazing trip so far. I think I would have to pass on the green tea soft serve. Did you try it? 

Could you instruct your chiefs to do there car races in KC and leave Dallas roads alone 😁

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH was also at least 7 times in Tokyo and Kyoto for work (and he's not at all keen to return, given the long flight).

"Somehow", the Japanese took a "shine" on him, and, after his first visit, asked only that he will be sent.

As a "compensation" for leaving me with 2 small kids for weeks at a time (we were living in Brussels then, and I had not much aid from parents and friends), the Japanese sent me every time a pearl necklace....

image.thumb.jpeg.437198dfb46d13b439cd15905c84d27a.jpeg

Beautiful compensation from the Japanese.  Have you worn them much?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had my post surgical appointment with my "hernia" surgeon.  All systems go to return to my usual activities.  I just need to stay away from moving heavy furniture. 🤨 He gave me a tutorial on the pros and cons of laparoscopic vs. open surgery which I had.  So much better than reading about it on the internet.

@FromSea2ShiningSea On a more pleasant note, I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying your trip photos.

Good news that the doctor gave you the green light.  Nice to be able to get back to normal.

Interesting that he gave you the comparison in detail after the op.

@FromSea2ShiningSea + 1 from me too.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I had to laugh, I guess they think if they get you Aussies drunk enough you wouldn't care where you go. They also suggested a coat because now the ship is going south where its colder than planned. Just odd compensation, let's get everyone drunk. Never saw that before. Maybe no one will notice it's cold and not the ports planned. 

The compensation overall is generous but they have cut the cruise  short by 3 days and instead of going somewhere warm & tropical 🌴🍹🐠 and international, they are cruising just donestic  to somewhere the weather could be potentially miserable.  The 50% drinks offer is a last ditch effort to stop the majority from cancelling…if ever there was a market that half price drinks would be a good enticement - it’s certainly Australia.  Cheers 🍻🥂

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful compensation from the Japanese.  Have you worn them much?

Yes, I did. That's it, until Covid....

Just when I thought we'll be back to "normal" life, the war started 6 months ago.

Funny thing, after his 2nd visit, when I got the "gist", I said "I'll like matching earrings, on our dime". They were eager to please Dani "san" and took DH to wholesale shops and he came back with single matching pearls, which I then designed in earrings for my taste. Bought some small diamonds at the Antwerp bourse to go with "my" pearls and ready made designer lockers for the necklaces, instead of the silver plated ones 😎

• Like 17

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's why I also reposted it here, and figured people would know who to contact. Cross posting the information. Yesterdays post said it was 2 hours old when I first saw it, but I brought it here anyway, even though clearly a lot already saw the post. Cross posted the info. Not promoting anything. Just informational. 

Thanks for posting in here.  It was your post that alerted me that somewhere there was info posted I had not been aware of.r

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good for you, Bonnie!  You must be doing your "happy dance" (though not too quickly!)

Thanks, Maryann. It sure is a relief to get back to normal.

42 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good news that the doctor gave you the green light.  Nice to be able to get back to normal.

Interesting that he gave you the comparison in detail after the op.

@FromSea2ShiningSea + 1 from me too.  

I asked him why he performed open surgery as opposed to Laparoscopic.  I might have asked during our initial consultation, but I was nervous and forgot what might have been said.  He performs laparoscopic, open and robotic surgery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, I did. That's it, until Covid....

Just when I thought we'll be back to "normal" life, the war started 6 months ago.

Funny thing, after his 2nd visit, when I got the "gist", I said "I'll like matching earrings, on our dime". They were eager to please Dani "san" and took DH to wholesale shops and he came back with single matching pearls, which I then designed in earrings for my taste. Bought some small diamonds at the Antwerp bourse to go with "my" pearls and ready made designer lockers for the necklaces, instead of the silver plated ones 😎

Always knew you were a clever lady Dani!

I sincerely wish that you get a chance to wear your jewellery again in normal circumstances sooner than you anticipate 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You see articles on social media how florida now is unaffordable. People are leaving for cheaper states. Imo I have never seen such interesting properties for what imo is a reasonable price. Imo a cocoa beach address is worth a little more than a cape Canaveral address, than a merritt island address, though they all touch. This is a cocoa beach address along the backside banana river as they call the water on the back side. 

1650 sf looking fairly updated stainless steel appliances, updated floors. Not only does it come with a individual garage, it also has it's own private boat slip and only $600 HOA.

Imo 3 bedrooms here without a boat slip was going for this. ..if someone had use for a boat slip this is a deal. I feel lucky to find a deal that suited me tbh. .. but there are sure some deals out there right now imo.

20240404_172630381.jpeg

20240404_172426285.jpeg

20240404_172314397.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks Dani. What would we do without you!🥰

I really don't need a hotel, but this FB non member wantes to be in the loop for other Bella cruise stuff.😁

I apologize if I unknowingly stirred a pot. SORRY

I'm with you too, Sis.  I'm not a FB person either.  Odd that I didn't receive email from our TA.  I'll have to look into our options.

Happy Anniversary Everyone.

Little late on the wishes, I've spent the last 2.5 days in the bathroom or bed with stomach flu.    Broke my fever this morning and slowly getting back my strength.   

So far everyone that was here Sunday for Eric's BD and Easter is fine.    Going to try to make it to the office tomorrow.  

Stay well😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Friend of mine is in Florida right now, Fort Lauderdale specifically. He shared this photo from where he is staying at the beach front. He’s is a car guy with his own magazine but he can certain do landscape photos too. 

08AC0C4E-74D5-4F2E-9E7D-5D7B39209A69.thumb.jpeg.fca18f97e115b8c5c5aec95f1deecc60.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog did you see that Sailing Doodles video today is at Soggy Dollar and Roxie’s?  Great video. 

Yes I did. I haven’t watched Sailing Doodles as much lately since Bobby is getting kinda creepy with the girls. Did enjoy seeing Soggy and it was interesting that he said his favorite place to eat was Hindos Hideway next door. Thats where we ate and boy was it good.

• Like 7