Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks for asking mema. No, not really, and I have only been online for about half an hour a day. Mostly reading. This is really awful pain, but it is getting a little better everyday. The PT exercises hurt and walking with the walker is not really walking. It is slide bad leg and walker a little, use arms to move other leg forward. Very tiring. And it hurts. (much worse than hip replacements)

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it. I haven't posted because I didn't want to sound anymore whiney, than I already am. 😊

This is so awful.  I'm so sorry for all of your pain.🥺  You are not sounding whiney.  You are hurting!  Hugs.🌹

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well our air conditioning was finally fixed yesterday. We waited a week for parts. Luckily since we had a service contract we only had to pay for the parts and not the labor. We also brought a new car July 4th. So it has been an expensive July. They offered us $400 for our 2004 escape it only has 99000 miles and still runs good so we kept it.   My brother works for Ford so we like to take advantage of the family discount. 

• Like 12

We went to the exotic Samsonite retail store 20 minutes from home. 

IMG_5954.thumb.jpeg.f0f7bf98bd9e61223d449100d648e345.jpeg

IMG_5952.thumb.jpeg.b9768eb595c48189d6c980ccac7ebb21.jpeg

We bought some new luggage, and brought home some left over pizza.

Tonight we check in for our cruise at 12:01 am. 

IMG_5955.thumb.jpeg.ca3b5500afb4b506c5ee6fdeee6c8801.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 19

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

53 years ago today, Jim and I exchanged our Wedding Vows.

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

Doctors don't know sh!t.😄 

Congratulations! Many people these days don't get past 3 years never mind 53.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This is so awful.  I'm so sorry for all of your pain.🥺  You are not sounding whiney.  You are hurting!  Hugs.🌹

I can’t even begin to imagine how it feels. Hugs from our home too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Biking and taking in the views. Got in around 30 miles this trip.

20240717_170920.thumb.jpg.b70a397669caa8cc0bc214a59de21416.jpg

30 miles!!!  It looks like you've got the right idea by propping your feet up and an awesome view!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Bethany, the personalized lock is beautiful!  I'm guessing you've been to Curacao at least once before, since you knew about the locks on the bridge🥰

No, this was the first time. I read about the locks on TripAdvisor.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

this is a new phone.. I’m not sure if this picture loaded pIMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpegroperly 

Happy anniversary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Nice pieces of luggage!

Thanks. We went with a dark blue with orange tags, so it hopefully won’t look like everyone else’s at the cruise port. 😁

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

this is a new phone.. I’m not sure if this picture loaded pIMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpegroperly 

Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary to you and Jim! Gorgeous picture.  Your smiles tell it all. Is that the Verrazano Bridge in the background?  

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Ha Bonnie!  Yes, he promised his autograph on the Wonder thread!😊

I found it.  Yes, he promised to charge $5 with a picture and autograph and $2 without picture.  HBE4, the Entrepreneur of our Bella group!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Beautiful photo!   Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your Daughter🥰🎉🥂

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary to you and Jim! Gorgeous picture.  Your smiles tell it all. Is that the Verrazano Bridge in the background?  

I found it.  Yes, he promised to charge $5 with a picture and autograph and $2 without picture.  HBE4, the Entrepreneur of our Bella group!

Yes, it is the Verrazano Bridge!  We had our pictures taken in the park in front of the bridge.  Good eye!😉

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, it is the Verrazano Bridge!  We had our pictures taken in the park in front of the bridge.  Good eye!😉

I know my NYC bridges!

AND Happy Birthday to your "surprise" 1st daughter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog  Looking spiffing in your new suit Greg.  They need to cast you as the rich uncle or wedding guest enjoying whisky  and or kraken at the bar in your next extra role for Hallmark I think

I would be ok with being rich and drinking whiskey!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just heard on morning news that Norwegian Jewel will start sailings out of Philadelphia April 2026.

Here's hoping that Royal will follow as we could drive down I95 and be there in less than 1 hr.  

I would consider Amtrak to Philadelphia depending on ship and itinerary.... maybe.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Well our air conditioning was finally fixed yesterday. We waited a week for parts. Luckily since we had a service contract we only had to pay for the parts and not the labor. We also brought a new car July 4th. So it has been an expensive July. They offered us $400 for our 2004 escape it only has 99000 miles and still runs good so we kept it.   My brother works for Ford so we like to take advantage of the family discount. 

Congratulations on the new car. What did you buy?

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We went to the exotic Samsonite retail store 20 minutes from home. 

IMG_5954.thumb.jpeg.f0f7bf98bd9e61223d449100d648e345.jpeg

IMG_5952.thumb.jpeg.b9768eb595c48189d6c980ccac7ebb21.jpeg

We bought some new luggage, and brought home some left over pizza.

Tonight we check in for our cruise at 12:01 am. 

IMG_5955.thumb.jpeg.ca3b5500afb4b506c5ee6fdeee6c8801.jpeg

These are real nice suitcases.

You have been a bit quiet here. We love to see your pictures and read about your lovely family and Miss Lucy.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Many people these days don't get past 3 years never mind 53.

Just my thought too OB, it is wonderful to have 53 and counting!

Good luck and best wishes for the bride and groom!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wished I could help, but we haven’t been to any of those ports yet. We go to Olden, Flam and Alesund next month.

Nice! Hope you and Mike have a great cruise.

@Coralc Sorry you’re still experiencing so much pain.  I hope you have some improvement soon.

@Luckynana Happy belated 53rd anniversary to you and Jim (and birthday for your daughter)!  What a nice picture of the two of you on your special day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

These are real nice suitcases.

You have been a bit quiet here. We love to see your pictures and read about your lovely family and Miss Lucy.

Real busy with work, going through a significant change that I can talk about later.  Last three weeks have been hectic to say the least and I think the next month or so will be the similar.  I've been able to catch up the last few days. 

• Like 12