Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Chances are that the 3.2% customer assistance charge is the charge that the credit card company charges the retail establishment. Instead of eating the cost, like most stores do, they are passing it onto the customer.

I think that's why some places won't take AMEX because AMEX charges more than Visa or MC.

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can you please explain how you did that?

Although Bob did the link, I will answer.  Just go to the thread you want to provide a link to.  Copy the address in the address bar.  (Right now I am using my iPad, so I put my finger on the address bar, and it says copy or speak)

So just copy it, then paste it and it will appear as a link.  Hope that is clear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Me neither.

I always try news drinks on the ship and have been making a list of all the good ones. There are quite a few.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Hey guys.  How do I find Crystal's thread of her adventures in Greece?

Bob beat me. He's on it.

I just found out that my 13 year old granddaughter has a tumor on one of her legs she is going for an MRI Monday afternoon .

So sorry to hear this Lenny. Hopefully nothing serious.

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Although Bob did the link, I will answer.  Just go to the thread you want to provide a link to.  Copy the address in the address bar.  (Right now I am using my iPad, so I put my finger on the address bar, and it says copy or speak)

So just copy it, then paste it and it will appear as a link.  Hope that is clear. 

What Mark said. Thanks.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I think that's why some places won't take AMEX because AMEX charges more than Visa or MC.

Back in my college days when I worked retail, I think Visa and MasterCard had a percentage up tp a certain amount them it was a flat fee, so something $100 was the same fee as something $1000.  Whereas Amex is a certain percentage no matter how expensive.  My memory could be fuzzy or things probably changed by now.  Perhaps someone still in retail will know the answer. 

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Chances are that the 3.2% customer assistance charge is the charge that the credit card company charges the retail establishment. Instead of eating the cost, like most stores do, they are passing it onto the customer.

And it said “prices below are cash prices”, so I’m sure they pass the credit card merchant fee on to the customer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks.  I'll play around with it.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Hmmm, try as I might, I can not think of the restaurant you speak of. The only blue&white restaurant I can think of was Johnny Cakes which was more of a lunchette place.  However,  once I moved out of Rockland in 1993, I rarely have visited Nyack. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. So it's possible that place is "after my time". 

I do know Hudson House (not to be confused with Hudson House in LBI). The 3.2% customer assistance charge is curious.  I know that during last years lockdown,  restaurants were allowed to add a "covid fee" to the bill to help them stay afloat but few did. I'm surprised that even though the state is fully open, that fee remains. 🤔

Hudson house on lbi our all time favorite dive bar.  Always have a blast playing shuffleboard, pool, pinball, etc etc.  We were just saying last night I hope they are still open for this weekend.  They usually close up for season around now.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

/boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2801507-singinalots-semi-live-greece-diy-island-hopping/

The above is what I got when I copied and pasted what's in the browser.  What am I doing wrong?

I just found out that my 13 year old granddaughter has a tumor on one of her legs she is going for an MRI Monday afternoon .

Prayers for your granddaughter, not a good thing for anyone but especially someone so young.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

TSOTD

01E1308F-4E33-4FE1-936B-D296AEA52527.thumb.jpeg.ecd6f0954fa14c82b85ec56ff2362d47.jpeg

Preseason is going good.  5-4 win over Buffalo last night with the SO. 

My afternoon was spent winterizing our boat and putting it away for the season. Sad to see the season come to an end. 

Two weeks from tomorrow we have to do a pre-cruise COVID test.  We plan to do some snorkeling on the cruise, and these came today. we plan to try them out this weekend. 

A4C39DF8-0130-4BDE-8AA0-46383D693108.thumb.jpeg.a55d48d9e52bcd83850e5794431dd9d3.jpeg

Please let me know how you like this type of mask.  Eric and I were looking into buying this kind pre-covid.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hudson house on lbi our all time favorite dive bar.  Always have a blast playing shuffleboard, pool, pinball, etc etc.  We were just saying last night I hope they are still open for this weekend.  They usually close up for season around now.

Sounds like a fun place to unwind.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Mine don't show up that way. They just show up as hyperlinks. Do you not use the hyperlink button when you paste it? I prefer the way you and Bob paste them. 

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Please let me know how you like this type of mask.  Eric and I were looking into buying this kind pre-covid.

How conditioned we've become.  When I saw the sentence above I instinctively thought of covid face masks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

/boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2801507-singinalots-semi-live-greece-diy-island-hopping/

The above is what I got when I copied and pasted what's in the browser.  What am I doing wrong?

Try making sure the whole address is selected then copy and paste. I highlight the whole address in the address bar.

1170491855_ScreenShot2021-10-06at8_33_32PM.png.319350731a0b78d8b22c6eb95d033d63.png

Then I hit Ctrl C (Windows) or Cmd C (Mac) then  Ctrl V or Cmd V in the new post.

Edited by Sea Dog

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We can go to the test board and play around with it, without doing it here and boring everyone else. :classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

I never heard of a test board.  I'll work on it without commenting in here.

Thanks to those that tried to help.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never heard of a test board.  I'll work on it without commenting in here.

Thanks to those that tried to help.

Link to Test forum on Cruise Critic. People there are very helpful as well :classic_biggrin: And I wasn't being critical Bonnie. Just pointing out that there is a place to test all sorts of things. :classic_biggrin: without cluttering up threads. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/860-test-forum/

Edited by Coralc

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bingo!!  It was Skylark International Cafe before it became Johnny Cakes.  I will bet the farm many years ago before it was redone that the windows were round.  

Yes!! I do remember the Skylark now. I was actually using Google Maps 3D pictures to virtually "walk" down Main Street and kept looking at the Johnny Cakes restaurant but the giant, curved glass window was throwing me off. I think you made it good bet, that's where the round windows would have pre-renovation. 

I also found out Johnny Cakes is now closed.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We are good friends with someone who owns this great Italian restaurant, he was telling us about all the different charges that they pay for credit card use , some Amex are more that other Amex  etc , I guess that’s why I get so many free Hilton stays due to our Hilton Amex. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It also seems to be a well-kept secret. My in-laws usually rent a house in that section of LBI  (one of the many Beach Havens, not sure which one. North Beach Haven maybe?) for the past 25+ years. It's always one of three houses, based on availability, price, etc, etc.   Anyway, one of the houses is within stumbling distance of the Hudson House - okay, maybe 2 blocks -  and it was still years before anyone knew it was there.

It was also halfway between The Seashell and your friends place, The Spray Beach Inn. I often would alternate days eating lunch at either beach bar and walking off the beer(s) on the beach back to the house.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We can go to the test board and play around with it, without doing it here and boring everyone else. :classic_biggrin::classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

Or it could be entertaining! 😁

And make some of us (ok, me) feel less inept.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

So, so, so easy to simply move on if one is not interested.  Instead to write a somewhat condescending response.  Twice.  🤔

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's the word !!!  I was leaning towards "preaching", but it didn't quite "fit" 100%.

This one does.

They should be thankful. I feel like this thread keeps a lot of off-topic banter off the main, cruising related threads, helping them stay on-topic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Link to Test forum on Cruise Critic. People there are very helpful as well :classic_biggrin: And I wasn't being critical Bonnie. Just pointing out that there is a place to test all sorts of things. :classic_biggrin: without cluttering up threads. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/860-test-forum/

No worries, we're good.

• Thanks 1