Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Now I am not sure because somebody posted pictures of a place in Ocean Grove.I know that in those days (1970’s) I kept a journal and wrote about places I had never been to before but not the ice cream place.

I started the journal when I was 13 and wrote about my childhood memories and made my last entry at age 50.

I am at our shore house in LBI for a couple of weeks.   I will ask around and see what I kind find out for you.   Hopefully can find a picture somewhere.

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What tree/bush. 😂 Nice Corvette.

HAHA That's my SIL's pride and joy.  The Corvette not the tree. 😉 He collects and restores cars. So far, 7 that I know of. My favorite is a neon green Charger he keeps in his grandmother's garage.  

I think I posted this photo before but can't hurt posting again.  3 of his beauties in front of their house.  4 if you count his wife, my daughter !

cars.thumb.jpg.dcd4c1fb7f6644e471dd9cef70fa225d.jpg

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got here at 9and there were only a few here.  It's a bit after 11 now.  The first pic is back towards the rentals the next pick is the other end. 

Rent.thumb.jpg.2b93b805739f9bcde35374c66d241419.jpg

20211006_111052.thumb.jpg.8eb7d338ebdfd6ac36d0f034e21b2ed9.jpg

This is two 10x pics toward the rentals.   

20211006_111106.thumb.jpg.151cfae8c746d195190d67ae88a58f08.jpg

20211006_111112.thumb.jpg.3851fdba09ddb5f448134c8d4cb16489.jpg

This is from my chair. 

20211006_111912.thumb.jpg.7207fd61d0561abaa2d0c4d6b680154a.jpg

10x and cropped. 20211006_105805.thumb.jpg.ed8fdf0bb80545f232edbb315c01ac73.jpg

It’s one of the most scenic beaches I’ve ever seen!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Momof3gurlz  Hi 🥰

@Ourusualbeach Merlin, Hi.... The election is over 😉

@xpcdoojk Rodrhi, Hi -- how r u doing?

Dani, I am not posting much or reading threads because I can’t post most of the time.  I access it using my Ipad, and while it shows me signed in, it typically doesn’t let me post.  CC is very screwed up IMHO with technical issues.  

Rodrhi is a mess but getting better.  He has a big week coming up next week, first trip to groomer on Tuesday and then losing his berries on Thursday. 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We did it as a Royal Excursion but next time we will do it on our own by those open air buses. Where do you find  the busses that go to Magan's Bay? 

Follow the signs for taxis.  The signs took us along the path below.  You could also walk along the water and turn left at the end of the complex.  There are people waiting where it says Taxis in the picture to put you on the correct taxi.  The taxi is really a pick up truck cab with 4-5 benches mounted in the back.  They typically wait until they are full with enough people going to the same place before leaving.  When it's busy, they fill pretty quickly.  if it's not busy, you might wait a while before leaving.  Plenty of taxis waiting at Magans Bay for the return trip whenever you want.  We got ours in the parking lot a little north of the rental area.  Again, they'll wait until pretty full before leaving, so be careful about cutting it too close to all aboard time.

tempsnip.thumb.jpg.24784775217e5a0009cd7456f15a5547.jpg

THE BEST TAXI TOUR SERVICE IN ST. THOMAS - Review of Marley's Taxi Service,  St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - Tripadvisor

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter has a monarch tree outside her kitchen window.  It's the tree (bush?) in the foreground to the right of the basketball on the ground.  You can't see them in the photo below but it did attract butterflies daily.  

monarch.thumb.jpg.8c885d114b211917c2d2e419aedd84b2.jpg

Butterfly Bush- Buddleja They are pretty, and attract lots of butterflies. But they get huge and woody. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Almost as much work after as there is before.

Welcome home! Good to see you here.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Follow the signs for taxis.  The signs took us along the path below.  You could also walk along the water and turn left at the end of the complex. 

Again, they'll wait until pretty full before leaving, so be careful about cutting it too close to all aboard time.

Thanks Bob for the Map. Your description sounds exactly what we did on the Royal paid excursion to Magan's Bay. We will go on our own next time. It will be so much cheaper.

Very true about keeping track on time. Our taxis/bus got caught in a traffic jam as it was towards their rush hour coming back. I was getting nervous about getting back on time. Luckily got back with 20 minutes to spare.

• Like 1

I hate to bring this thread down but I have been reading, with horror, about another school shooting in an Arlington, TX (19 miles from Ft. Worth) HS.  4 injured, 3 in the hospital, 1 declined hospital care.   Happened inside a classroom when 2 students argued and one drew a gun.  Suspect escaped and is armed and dangerous. Please keep all affected in your prayers.

There used to be no safer place for our kids than school.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is a photo of a young Gus with cat mint, which is also a Nepeta variant. I always have it in my yard- the cats really like it. That’s 2 houses ago.

I am now a grandmother!  My daughter doesn’t want photos of the baby posted, but after an emergency c-section, she and the baby are both doing well. His lungs seem to be very healthy! The new parents are a bit frazzled, but totally in love with their little boy. 

7F8999A0-6F1E-48A9-9DB0-CDECB39161D5.jpeg

Congratulations, my daughter is the same, no pics allowed, at least faces.  My FB profile picture can have them in it but not on their own and is preferred to be ok'd before posting.  I 100% get it and oblige, her mother in law is still a work in progress 5 years later 😉.

16 hours ago, derorim said:

Lenny, did it look like this?

May be an image of road

Behind again so sorry if this has been posted already, Polar Cub is nowhere near the beach, it is in Whitehouse along Rt 22 just about in the middle of NJ.  We used to live not too far away been there many times.  Busy summer evenings they often had police officers directing traffic.  Many tried parking along the highway which was a big no no.  It was definitely known far and wide in the area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

He has had a liver problem for over seven years now.  They did not like his last blood work so did the MRI.  Hopefully we will hear results in a day or two.

Thanks to all for your good wishes, really appreciate them❤️

Hope everything turns out well, and you can relax soon.  Best of luck to you and the Hubs.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Who heard me scream this morning ?I woke up at 7:00 as I do practically every morning.My wife turned on a light and heard me scream.One of my fingers was black as coal on the bottom and as red as a beet on top.I never had anything like that before.I turned to the RN ,her profession,not her initials and she said wash it off.I knew it was not dirt but I washed it and it looked the same.She said that I probably banged it but I knew that I had not.Then I remembered that before going to bed I shut off the light from the 60 year old lamp on my night table and it cut into my skin because it is so hard to turn it on and off.It is nearly normal now but it was really scary.My finger looked like ET’s.

Oh no...that is indeed scary!  Hope your finger is OK!  

I had similar situation at rental home in Maine.  Woke up with huge bruise across my arm, knew I didn't remember banging it the day before.  The black and blue area had no pain at all when pressed, but the raised welt did.  

Spider bite.  😮   Took six weeks to heal.  Another reason I don't like spiders.  😬

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

He has had a liver problem for over seven years now.  They did not like his last blood work so did the MRI.  Hopefully we will hear results in a day or two.

Thanks to all for your good wishes, really appreciate them❤️

Marietta, 

Charlie has our prayers and best wishes. Have faith. 

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to bring this thread down but I have been reading, with horror, about another school shooting in an Arlington, TX (19 miles from Ft. Worth) HS.  4 injured, 3 in the hospital, 1 declined hospital care.   Happened inside a classroom when 2 students argued and one drew a gun.  Suspect escaped and is armed and dangerous. Please keep all affected in your prayers.

Very sad...and hate to see how this seems to happen way too often.  

IMHO..."kids" who bring guns to school....are not children.  

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh no...that is indeed scary!  Hope your finger is OK!  

I had similar situation at rental home in Maine.  Woke up with huge bruise across my arm, knew I didn't remember banging it the day before.  The black and blue area had no pain at all when pressed, but the raised welt did.  

Spider bite.  😮   Took six weeks to heal.  Another reason I don't like spiders.  😬

Ask Bucky about those freaky yellow sac spiders. I hated those SOB's!! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Way too many of these lately.  Our local middle school was being watched today as they had a threat.  I don't understand how kids are at this level, way different from when we were in school, sad.

Day three of rain...wow did it pour with a lot of scary lightening early this morning  around 4 am.  At least an 1.5 hours of super heavy rain and fireworks.  😮  Lots of standing water here.  

Sun is out now this afternoon...I think the system is finally moving east.  

Yesterday we went for Wally World supply run (Destin Walmart is one of the best supplied Walmarts I have seen!).  Nice new check out computers as well.  Lots of money spent in the area.  

Then off to Sushi for lunch...and found this cute deco on the wall next to my seat.  Thought it was tile at first.  Soooo OK...now you can do something with that beer bottle cap collection!  😄 

20211005_112348.jpg

• Like 6