Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got here at 9and there were only a few here. 

I forget is this the first time for you at Magan's Bay? What do you think. We love it there. Did you do ships excursion or get a taxi. What did you think of that drive? Beautiful up top.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Obligatory lake photo of the day.  The sun was lighting up the shoreline this morning. 

1B0E2F49-7333-4A4B-B42C-780FE433AF7D.thumb.jpeg.35a33875810964dc77b112da459aaf52.jpeg

So our school teacher daughter does a project with her kids every year to raise monarch butterflies.  They have gone from microscopic to full size caterpillars, and will be forming their chrysalis.  Since they thrive on milkweed, we are always on the lookout for some when we go walking.  If we find some, we will cut it and take to her for the caterpillars to eat.  

281FE7E2-27F0-4F88-B8BE-A189586D9065.thumb.jpeg.23190ebe473b3d094cd1301e57a8a6fb.jpeg

After reading about how FB, Alexa, etc. seem to listen to or read everything, I am thinking I should no longer text her “Hey, I just dropped off your weed!”   

That's a fun project to do with kids. I hope they are there when the butterfly emerges.  It's an awesome sight. 

What a nice mom you are, taking weed to your daughter. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I forget is this the first time for you at Magan's Bay? What do you think. We love it there. Did you do ships excursion or get a taxi. What did you think of that drive? Beautiful up top.

We have been here a few times.  We enjoying it.  The depth of the beach seems to be getting smaller.  It may be our location.  We usually go all the way to the end but we were over dragging the chairs. 

If I remember before we would get a regular car like taxi.  The time all we saw available we short, open air busses. 

The cost one way each is $12 or $10 for 2 or more. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If I remember before we would get a regular car like taxi.  The time all we saw available we short, open air busses. 

We asked about getting a car like taxi, so that we didn't need to wait for the truck/bus to fill up.  At first, we were just told that it was more expensive.  I kept pressing for a price and was finally taken to another guy who quoted me $90 for the car each way. 😲  I think they were purposely giving me an outrageous price just so we would take the little bus, which we did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on new baby!  🥰   Happy to hear Mom and baby doing well.

What is his name?

Gus looks very content in bed of catnip.

The baby’s name is Rhys. I am cooking and cleaning and sometimes providing advice where it’s probably not wanted…My daughter and son-in-law are pretty good about it!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I have the answer since I just asked Mike. A place in Love Ladies next to the Long Beach Island Art Foundation. It had an ice cream bar where you could put your own toppings on. He also knew it as the White House and it was on the corner of Tidal Dr. and Long Beach Boulevard. Looks like there is a house there now.

That was called the Dairy Cottage.     I remember going there many times since we spent our summers in LBI every year.    Now that you mention this it was a big White House.    I will have to see if I can find any photos of online.     

Maybe this is the place Lenny was speaking about.    @lenquixote66

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The time all we saw available we short, open air busses. 

We did it as a Royal Excursion but next time we will do it on our own by those open air buses. Where do you find  the busses that go to Magan's Bay? 

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lucy is on the prowl and looks like she means business.  Beware!!

One rat didn’t heed that warning this morning. No need for you to see it’s tail, but I have a small clean up poolside this afternoon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got here at 9and there were only a few here.  It's a bit after 11 now.  The first pic is back towards the rentals the next pick is the other end. 

Rent.thumb.jpg.2b93b805739f9bcde35374c66d241419.jpg

20211006_111052.thumb.jpg.8eb7d338ebdfd6ac36d0f034e21b2ed9.jpg

This is two 10x pics toward the rentals.   

20211006_111106.thumb.jpg.151cfae8c746d195190d67ae88a58f08.jpg

20211006_111112.thumb.jpg.3851fdba09ddb5f448134c8d4cb16489.jpg

This is from my chair. 

20211006_111912.thumb.jpg.7207fd61d0561abaa2d0c4d6b680154a.jpg

10x and cropped. 20211006_105805.thumb.jpg.ed8fdf0bb80545f232edbb315c01ac73.jpg

Looks like a great day!     I recognize the blue towels from Royal ships.    I always like trying to figure out what cruise line people were traveling on by the towels they brought with them from the ship.    

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry I missed that your family is facing an issue. Sometimes when I get back here there are too many pages to catch up on. I'm not sure if you shared what the concern is or not.

He has had a liver problem for over seven years now.  They did not like his last blood work so did the MRI.  Hopefully we will hear results in a day or two.

Thanks to all for your good wishes, really appreciate them❤️

• Like 14

Who heard me scream this morning ?I woke up at 7:00 as I do practically every morning.My wife turned on a light and heard me scream.One of my fingers was black as coal on the bottom and as red as a beet on top.I never had anything like that before.I turned to the RN ,her profession,not her initials and she said wash it off.I knew it was not dirt but I washed it and it looked the same.She said that I probably banged it but I knew that I had not.Then I remembered that before going to bed I shut off the light from the 60 year old lamp on my night table and it cut into my skin because it is so hard to turn it on and off.It is nearly normal now but it was really scary.My finger looked like ET’s.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I have the answer since I just asked Mike. A place in Love Ladies next to the Long Beach Island Art Foundation. It had an ice cream bar where you could put your own toppings on. He also knew it as the White House and it was on the corner of Tidal Dr. and Long Beach Boulevard. Looks like there is a house there now.

I just told somebody else that they were right for a different answer but since he remembers this known as the White House maybe this is it.😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

Love your pictures, the only thing better than having a kitty is having two kitties which we had 14 years ago, as kittens they were just interested in playing together, now they prefer our laps .

We had two adult cats and a kitten at the same time.The adult cats did not play together at all but they both were protective of the kitten.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Holy crap! Until you mentioned this I didn't realize I've been a member since 2001. Man how time flies when I'm irritating people. No wonder I don't recognize that old fart starring back at me every morning when I look in the mirror.  😵

Dave,you were one of the first people that I began posting to when I joined CC.I always enjoy reading your posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was called the Dairy Cottage.     I remember going there many times since we spent our summers in LBI every year.    Now that you mention this it was a big White House.    I will have to see if I can find any photos of online.     

Does this sign look familiar?   still looking for a photo of the building

Dairy Cottage.jpg

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now I am not sure because somebody posted pictures of a place in Ocean Grove.I know that in those days (1970’s) I kept a journal and wrote about places I had never been to before but not the ice cream place.

I started the journal when I was 13 and wrote about my childhood memories and made my last entry at age 50.

• Like 3

Something Nice:

Many years ago a friend of mine had a newspaper column writing about nice things.He invited his readers to sent a something nice story to him.

When my wife and I lived in Brooklyn we had many nice neighbors.

Several of these people heard about my wife’s recent surgery and are coming to visit her tomorrow .Three who now live in NJ who never came to our house previously and two who live in other parts of NY.

We are looking forward to the visit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So our school teacher daughter does a project with her kids every year to raise monarch butterflies.  They have gone from microscopic to full size caterpillars, and will be forming their chrysalis.  Since they thrive on milkweed, we are always on the lookout for some when we go walking.  If we find some, we will cut it and take to her for the caterpillars to eat.  

281FE7E2-27F0-4F88-B8BE-A189586D9065.thumb.jpeg.23190ebe473b3d094cd1301e57a8a6fb.jpeg

After reading about how FB, Alexa, etc. seem to listen to or read everything, I am thinking I should no longer text her “Hey, I just dropped off your weed!”   

My daughter has a monarch tree outside her kitchen window.  It's the tree (bush?) in the foreground to the right of the basketball on the ground.  You can't see them in the photo below but it did attract butterflies daily.  

monarch.thumb.jpg.8c885d114b211917c2d2e419aedd84b2.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter has a monarch tree outside her kitchen window.  It's the tree (bush?) in the foreground to the right of the basketball on the ground.  You can't see them in the photo below but it did attract butterflies daily.  

What tree/bush. 😂 Nice Corvette.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2