Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the Jewish religion when you pray for a person you use their first name and the first name of a parent,never a last name.

I know this is a bad time for you with Charlie being ill but you are such a nice person.

Lenny, Toby and Mallory will be in our prayers for a "refuah shlema"  A fast, complete healing.  Even though I only have their names, would you want me to place them on my synagogue's healing list?  I have heard the rabbi name English names without a parent name mentioned in the past.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I will never own another Discover card.   

When my ex and I split up, 30 years ago, I wanted my own card and applied for one in just my name...having cancelled the joint card we had for many years.  

I was turned down!  Stating that I was simply the wife to the card holder...and was a woman.  😮 

That "card holder" had been unemployed for 5 years, with me paying the bills before our divorce (and always paid early before due date every month), of which I stated to the rep on the phone when I called.  Disgusted, I hung up after telling him that I was applying for Visa (which was immediately approved). 

Got a call later from a supervisor with huge apologies, telling me I would be approved after all.  I told him where he could put his card.  😉 

WOW!    That is so wrong, even for 30 yrs ago.     I had discover card for a while and hardly used it because so few places would accept it (because of the high fee they charge businesses) so I cancelled it about 2 or 3 years ago.     They wouldn't leave me alone and hounded me to re-open.    No Thank you, especially after hearing your story.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I do want to say…

@DaniDanielle - hoping for the best outcome from the MRI

@Lenquixote - also have you & your granddaughter in my thoughts. 

Dani - thank you for the 👋.  It’s so thoughtful of you to keep tabs on your flock and to check-in on those of us who are absent from your thread.  It just goes to show what a close group this is!

Thank you, Deb.

You said what was important -- best wishes for a positive outcome for Charlie ( @DaniDanielle) and for Lenny's granddaughter ( @lenquixote66).

... and you had me [very emotional] with "your flock" 🥰

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Got our GOLDEN TICKET today.

Getting ready to sail The Symphony of the Seas this Saturday.

Attempting to do a live thread, with the help of the spouse.

Take care

Well it’s a good thing, for me anyway, that John & Laura and Ozark Kids cruises are ending right about when yours starts, so I can follow!  Not sure I could keep up otherwise. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Take care

Delighted for you Sue.

Looking forward to reading your live review.

Graham.

WE got our negative tests for Saturday on Odyssey. Palm Beach County  has drive up testing sites, one is less than 1 mile from  our house.  No line.   We'll be B2B.

Hopefully, we will see our big OBC  when we get on.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WOW!    That is so wrong, even for 30 yrs ago.     I had discover card for a while and hardly used it because so few places would accept it (because of the high fee they charge businesses) so I cancelled it about 2 or 3 years ago.     They wouldn't leave me alone and hounded me to re-open.    No Thank you, especially after hearing your story.

Yeah, that was pretty bad.  I know we ladies went through a lot of discrimination in the early years, but that was unforgivable.  I think the supervisor that called me was sweating over what the rep told me, worried that I might do some much required hand slapping...  😮 

Could have made more of an issue about it...but hey...that's what social media is for now.  😉 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been crying all morning.Mallory calls me every night to find out how I am feeling.

I am so sorry, Lenny.  You, your wife Toby, and granddaughter Mallory are on my prayer list.  Praying all 3 of you find comfort and good outcomes.🙏❤️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Take care

Whoot whoot!  Great news for you, as well as for Arzeena!!!!!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's been a great day today. Hot Tub finally arrived ! It's been a long time coming.

This was a replacement for canceled cruises the last year and half. 🙂

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks great. 

+ 2, Enjoy -- it looks very "high tech" 😎

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's been a great day today. Hot Tub finally arrived ! It's been a long time coming.

This was a replacement for canceled cruises the last year and half. 🙂

20211006_155156.jpg

20211007_125934.jpg

20211007_130424.jpg

20211007_132737.jpg

20211007_133513.jpg

20211007_133523.jpg

20211007_133540.jpg

Very Nice!    Look at all the jets, you will never want to get out.     Does it come with all the bells and whistles like speakers and lights?    Perfect location for hot tub and perfect timing to enjoy during the fall.     

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you,Marietta.Since my wife’s surgery she has been in excrutiating pain ,the worse she has ever had.

For the first time ever I am asking people to pray for my wife and my granddaughter.I know that you need names to pray as opposed to saying Lenny’s wife and Lenny’s granddaughter.I am not telling my wife and my children that I am doing this .

My wife’s name is Toby and my granddaughter is Mallory.

Thanking everyone who will pray for them.Not necessary to pray for me.

Oh no, So sorry to hear this.     Was your Wife able to call doctor to find out what to do about her pain?     

We will prayer for both Toby and Mallory.      Think positive!   My Nana always taught us the power of positive thinking.    We are here for you Lenny🥰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

WE got our negative tests for Saturday on Odyssey. Palm Beach County  has drive up testing sites, one is less than 1 mile from  our house.  No line.   We'll be B2B.

Excellent - I love doing b2b's and cannot wait to check out the Odyssey some day soon.    will you be doing a live review too?

Have a great cruise!!   We are B2B end of January!   🙂 

• Like 3

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

Graham

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent - I love doing b2b's and cannot wait to check out the Odyssey some day soon.    will you be doing a live review too?

I didn't do well on the Adventure in June, and there are others already doing them. I'll admit, I haven't actually looked at them. And I am not big on pictures. I have looked at Chris's  Youtube videos though.  I think , like Oasis,   the only way to experience it is to actually be there. If I see something wow, I will like stick to this thread and post about it.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1