Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm trying to figure out why Capicola is pronounced Gabagool? 🤔 

LOL!!! It is a dialect pronunciation that, somehow, has become rather main stream. Even family of mine,  and we speak true Roman Italian, say it like that.🤔🙄

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for asking.  I was just posting and will post about our evening yesterday when I saw your post.  All is well.  Middle daughter family was at the Polar Express in Branson while the Youngest came to Little Rock to babysit while the oldest daughter and SIL took us to Memphis.  Check out my next post.

Looks like a lot of fun last night, great gift too.

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not every person who is fluent in a language pronounces every word the same.At one time in my life I was fluent in Italian as was my father and my godfather,the latter who was born in Italy.

You are still wrong.😉😇

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are still wrong.😉😇

I just got off the phone with my sister and laid this whole cucina issue to rest.  I told her not to argue anymore and that we are DONE.

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you saying that every person who speaks Italian pronounces every word the same way ?

Lenny we were stating how cucina is correctly pronounced.  If others pronounce it differently it doesn't make it correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just got off the phone with my sister and laid this whole cucina issue to rest.  I told her not to argue anymore and that we are DONE.

Lenny we were stating how cucina is correctly pronounced.  If others pronounce it differently it doesn't make it correct.

It does not mean that Ocean Boy pronounces it correctly.Residents of Boston do not necessarily pronounce a word the same as a person from Alabama.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is your opinion which of course you are entitled to but it does not mean that it is correct.

Except I am correct.🙂 The sound of a "C" is determined by the following vowel and whether or not an "H" is between the "C" and the vowel. That's the story and I'm sticking to it.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It does not mean that Ocean Boy pronounces it correctly.Residents of Boston do not necessarily pronounce a word the same as a person from Alabama.

Maybe not the same, but Boston folks probably say it 'correctly' 😉🤣🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Except I am correct.🙂 The sound of a "C" is determined be the following vowel and whether or not an "H" is between the "C" and the vowel. That's the story and I'm sticking to it.😊

You have way more patience than me

And patients as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1