Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I need to confer with a friend of mine who is native to Italy .If she agrees with you then I shall post same.

Hopefully, she speaks Italian better than some of the folks in Alabama speak English.

Buona notte, Lenny.🙂

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ocean... my parents were hippies.

Sooo, that would make you Dr. Boy?  Now I will have an image of Doogie Howser pop in my mind every time you post. 😉😇

Thanks....just, thanks for that visual 😆

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

When we sailed away from Venice (nowadays a thing of the past), a very heavy storm was brewing, and followed us during a few hours "above" the Med. DH didn't catch any lighting, though....

P1040681.jpg2.thumb.jpg.db6392a3e6ff81cc1eca2ed7e8c599d1.jpg

Venice is such an amazing and unique place. I will never forget the first time I walked out of the train station and saw the Grand Canal. I was in awe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

Not at all. We have two dogs at home who left this earth long ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe not the same, but Boston folks probably say it 'correctly' 😉🤣🤣

Sort of like "pack the cahh?  Park the car for those who are wondering. 

This debate is taking on a life longer than the cucina debate with my sister that finally ended tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 12/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, jagsfan said:

How come no mushy peas? Are they no longer popular?

We love mushy peas, which came as a surprise to us! 

My DH hates them, and always asks for regular peas with his fish and chips .  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

We  have the ashes of our first border collie Chloe in a sealed urn 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Found on FB

Expected Death ~ When someone dies, the first thing to do is nothing. Don't run out and call the nurse. Don't pick up the phone. Take a deep breath and be present to the magnitude of the moment. 

There's a grace to being at the bedside of someone you love as they make their transition out of this world. At the moment they take their last breath, there's an incredible sacredness in the space. The veil between the worlds opens.

We're so unprepared and untrained in how to deal with death that sometimes a kind of panic response kicks in. "They're dead!" 

We knew they were going to die, so their being dead is not a surprise. It's not a problem to be solved. It's very sad, but it's not cause to panic.

If anything, their death is cause to take a deep breath, to stop, and be really present to what's happening. If you're at home, maybe put on the kettle and make a cup of tea.

Sit at the bedside and just be present to the experience in the room. What's happening for you? What might be happening for them? What other presences are here that might be supporting them on their way? Tune into all the beauty and magic. 

Pausing gives your soul a chance to adjust, because no matter how prepared we are, a death is still a shock. If we kick right into "do" mode, and call 911, or call the hospice, we never get a chance to absorb the enormity of the event.

Give yourself five minutes or 10 minutes, or 15 minutes just to be. You'll never get that time back again if you don't take it now.

After that, do the smallest thing you can. Call the one person who needs to be called. Engage whatever systems need to be engaged, but engage them at the very most minimal level. Move really, really, really, slowly, because this is a period where it's easy for body and soul to get separated.

Our bodies can gallop forwards, but sometimes our souls haven't caught up. If you have an opportunity to be quiet and be present, take it. Accept and acclimatize and adjust to what's happening. Then, as the train starts rolling, and all the things that happen after a death kick in, you'll be better prepared.

You won't get a chance to catch your breath later on. You need to do it now. 

Being present in the moments after death is an incredible gift to yourself, it's a gift to the people you're with, and it's a gift to the person who's just died. They're just a hair's breath away. They're just starting their new journey in the world without a body. If you keep a calm space around their body, and in the room, they're launched in a more beautiful way. It's a service to both sides of the veil.

Credit for the beautiful words ~ Sarah Kerr,  Ritual Healing Practitioner and Death Doula , Death doula
Beautiful art by Columbus Community Deathcare 

#alwayswithlove #dying #death

John, this made me cry. I think about my lovely mum who died three years ago, all the time.  She had advanced dementia but was in hospital waiting to be released back into her care home. We weren't expecting her death and wasn't with her in the early morning when she passed. But I cherish the time spent the evening before with her and the time sitting around her bed with my brothers the next morning after she had passed. The hospital was lovely and didn't rush us at all. 

• Like 6

It makes me sad that Tica doesn't seem to know or care that Dan isn't here anymore. Granted she's a mama's dog. if I leave the house she sits and looks out the door or window till I get back. He would give her her treats every morning and she would jump in his lap everyday to get scratched. You would think she would be looking around for him at the very least but nope

Edited by molly361
  • Like 13