Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wendall missing Bosley

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I still cry over a dog that passed away probably more than 15 years ago.  She was the best.  In the end she was blind and diabetic maybe that's why it still tugs at my heartstrings just thinking about her

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

• Like 13

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love sharing life's experiences in here, even vacuum cleaners.😁

Since you and Deb are going with Shark, I might think about that when we have to replace our Oreck.  On second thought, we're in a small apt. now so we probably will replace with a much lighter model.  Only carpet is in the bedroom plus one area rug.  We've downsized as low as we can go. 

Our Shark did not last too long,however,we replaced it with another Shark.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I debated whether to post this as people might think me odd... When I lost my dog I had her cremated. She is in the curio in the family room. Someday when I go she is coming with me. 

My beloved cats ashes are in a tin on one of my bookcases.My family knows that the ashes will be buried with me.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not odd at all. :classic_smile: I have my mom and her 6 cats (from over the years) in the garage. When Bobby goes, he will be the last. She wanted to be distributed with all of her cats. :classic_smile:

• Like 6

Random pics on the way to the car.

CDB75F8F-566E-44D0-B438-D2B679F6D894.thumb.jpeg.5c9649beb6320d34521dd494154cd735.jpeg

5DB2B06B-202E-4EBD-B77F-CCD9BED5A62E.thumb.jpeg.4ec7b3461835a027f719c0caecd94e4e.jpeg

63E142C7-E2BD-41F9-950A-39237B3AA48B.thumb.jpeg.ed8bc4a8fc57ba1f0bcc67f67a9f4bd7.jpegThis is the Pyramid by the bridge that Bass Pro took over.

B04F0467-86D3-498D-8C5F-3F5D79DBE05C.thumb.jpeg.c65abfd76381d53c0289190902d079de.jpeg

We had a rough 2 hour ride home.  The wind gust seemed stronger than the reported 28 mph gust. Semi trailers kept getting blown into the other lane.  We had to pass two semi’s with double trailers.  The rain was blinding at times.  The cool thing was the lightning light show!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How did your area do with the storms/tornadoes?

I hope all is well.

Horrible to see the devastation in Kentucky.      The storm is headed east and is to hit our area this evening.     We just took down our wreath, christmas santa flag and secured some other Christmas decorations as the wind is starting to pick up here.     

Take care and stay safe Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow December 12 was my fathers birthday.He was born in 1895.

Just thinking of how life was 126 years ago and how much has changed.

Happy birthday tomorrow Lenny for your late dad.

Pauline gets her vaccine booster tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wendall missing BosleyF6D316AD-315A-4832-B247-4DBA9DBF2588.thumb.jpeg.6233028e26c6b8c15a99fd8e81cd70dc.jpeg

This breaks my heart.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it is wonderful and very touching. I am like you my pets are everything to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not odd at all.  Bosley will be cremated and brought home.  
Molly, you understand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The storm is headed east and is to hit our area this evening. 

Parts of the storm moved through our area.  We were out walking, and got caught in a heavy downpour.   At least the rain is through our area, but we are still getting wind gusts up to 50 mph.  A few big branches came down in the yard, but that was it for us.  Looks like more cleanup will be on my agenda.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I like the Roomba. :classic_biggrin: It vacuums while I read the newspaper. :classic_biggrin: It may not do that great of a job, but it is a lot more dedicated to vacuuming and covers a lot more area than I would. 

I pick up the entryway rugs, the cat toys and close off the rooms that don't need vacuuming. Push the button, and say,,.. "Go forth and vacuum"  And Roomba cleans. 

I keep a Roomba (aka "Wally") in the "cat room,"  which is a large room over the garage.  It's three steps lower than our 2nd floor bedrooms, so Wally can't get to any other room on his own.  Each day after I clean the cat litter box I press the button on Wally and he vacuums in there.  

Not long ago I got "Mopsy," Roomba's cousin.  She wet mops the hardwood in the rooms I tell her to do.  The entire downstairs is mapped in the iRobot app, and I can use Alexa to tell Mopsy to clean the kitchen, the hallway, or everywhere.  She knows where the carpet and rugs are, and stays on the hardwood.

mopsy.thumb.jpg.25def0e8ae280d8f7bf77451188a3b22.jpg

• Like 4