Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm surprised they can deliver that quickly.  We ordered some window shades 6 weeks ago that were supposed to be a 4-6 week delivery, but now have an estimated delivery date of Feb 7.  Micheline ordered some fabric to re-upholster an old chair.  They originally said it wouldn't be delivered until February but are now saying June.  Just ordered an undercounter fridge.  No delivery date yet but likely at least 6 months.  I keep seeing headlines saying that the supply chain problems are starting to be resolved.  Not from where I stand. 😒

At least we have container ships coming in here. Hopefully that will be of some benefit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

We had the Home Depot Kitchen Consultant out today. We are having the cabinets and drawers refaced, new sink and countertops and eventually new appliances. She said our kitchen was really clean! I was amazed. :classic_biggrin: So, after obtaining a new HD credit card with 0% interest for 24 months, and paying a large sum of money, we will have a new kitchen in 16 to 22 weeks. :classic_biggrin: 

We resurfaced the kitchen in our 1st house and it came out beautiful.  Like you, new countertop and sink but we kept our other appliances which were in great condition.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought that Dyson would be my last one.  I’m honestly glad it needs to be replaced.  This house we downsized to has mostly hardwoods with area rugs so our needs have changed with no wall to wall.  What I really need is something more lightweight and flexible.  I love the lift away feature in the Shark which essentially turns it into a hand vac.  I appreciate the recommendation though!  

I wanted to share our vacuum experience with you.  We've had our Oreck vacuum now for approx. 16 years and love it.  It also has a hand held feature for small areas.  What I like about it is the fragrance we can choose to put a nice subtle scent in the air as we vacuum.  I usually pick vanilla scent.  Clean and mild.  Free annual service to clean parts, etc.

Good luck with your Shark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought that Dyson would be my last one.  I’m honestly glad it needs to be replaced.  This house we downsized to has mostly hardwoods with area rugs so our needs have changed with no wall to wall.  What I really need is something more lightweight and flexible.  I love the lift away feature in the Shark which essentially turns it into a hand vac.  I appreciate the recommendation though!  

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We resurfaced the kitchen in our 1st house and it came out beautiful.  Like you, new countertop and sink but we kept our other appliances which were in great condition.

I wanted to share our vacuum experience with you.  We've had our Oreck vacuum now for approx. 16 years and love it.  It also has a hand held feature for small areas.  What I like about it is the fragrance we can choose to put a nice subtle scent in the air as we vacuum.  I usually pick vanilla scent.  Clean and mild.  Free annual service to clean parts, etc.

Good luck with your Shark.

Interesting vacuum talk as I just bought the Shark vacuum to replace an Oreck.  I got the Shark two weeks ago and like it a lot.  It is much heavier than the Oreck but it does much better on carpet than the Oreck.  I like the lift away for doing my carpeted stairs.  I had an Oreck XL that still works fine on hardwood so I gave it to my Mom to replace her 20 year old Oreck.  It is a good choice for her as she will still vacuum at 84 even though she has a cleaning lady.  BJs has the Shark I bought on sale right now for around $174.  I got it at Best Buy.  I kept the small hand held that came with the Oreck as my Mom still has hers.  That works okay though I hate the amount of air that blows out the back.  The Shark was very easy to assemble, just have to get used to how much it pivots.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Interesting vacuum talk as I just bought the Shark vacuum to replace an Oreck.  I got the Shark two weeks ago and like it a lot.  It is much heavier than the Oreck but it does much better on carpet than the Oreck.  I like the lift away for doing my carpeted stairs.  I had an Oreck XL that still works fine on hardwood so I gave it to my Mom to replace her 20 year old Oreck.  It is a good choice for her as she will still vacuum at 84 even though she has a cleaning lady.  BJs has the Shark I bought on sale right now for around $174.  I got it at Best Buy.  I kept the small hand held that came with the Oreck as my Mom still has hers.  That works okay though I hate the amount of air that blows out the back.  The Shark was very easy to assemble, just have to get used to how much it pivots.

I love sharing life's experiences in here, even vacuum cleaners.😁

Since you and Deb are going with Shark, I might think about that when we have to replace our Oreck.  On second thought, we're in a small apt. now so we probably will replace with a much lighter model.  Only carpet is in the bedroom plus one area rug.  We've downsized as low as we can go. 

• Like 5

Today I finally got the traditional yearly flu shot.

I have my two Moderna COVID vaccines as well as the booster.

When I got my booster I was told I could get the flu shot then, if I did not I had to wait a month.

I waited the  month.

Today was the day.

I got the flu shot about noon.

About 3 pm, I got a little fever, Headache, achy and felt like I needed a nap.

So I called the delivery man and asked him to take care of dinner.

Good husband, he brought home Chinese, after dinner I fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours.

During which, the table was cleaned up, cat fed and dish washer emptied.

It was a good night.

Now PJ's on ready for bed.

Still feel achy, no fever.

Take care.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love sharing life's experiences in here, even vacuum cleaners.😁

Since you and Deb are going with Shark, I might think about that when we have to replace our Oreck.  On second thought, we're in a small apt. now so we probably will replace with a much lighter model.  Only carpet is in the bedroom plus one area rug.  We've downsized as low as we can go. 

We had planned on getting all hardwood floors right before the pandemic but never scheduled as we didn't want workers in the house.  It will be next years project as well as replacing a bathroom.  I have an Electrolux upright that is 20+ years old but my DH didn't lock in the hand and it crashed down on the tile in my foyer and cracked.  He tried to epoxy it back together but it didn't take.  I still use it downstairs but it is too much of a pain on the rugs. 

We have no plans of downsizing yet but have started purging stuff so we can once we are ready.  Still haven't managed to get my son out of here yet lol

• Like 6

I like the Roomba. :classic_biggrin: It vacuums while I read the newspaper. :classic_biggrin: It may not do that great of a job, but it is a lot more dedicated to vacuuming and covers a lot more area than I would. 

I pick up the entryway rugs, the cat toys and close off the rooms that don't need vacuuming. Push the button, and say,,.. "Go forth and vacuum"  And Roomba cleans. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Getting caught up. 

@grapau27 Those food pictures have me drooling, especially the pizza!  

Last night we went to the Holiday Festival of Lights at Roger Williams Park Zoo, with our local daughters, SIL and granddaughters.  First time we’ve been and we thought it was really well done.  They had stands with hot chocolate, beer, wine and s’mores available (all for an extra fee of course!).  Santa was there - the grands were not interested LOL.  We learned there are over 3 million lights used. 

Shopping is almost done.  Now to wrap them all. I don’t know why I wait until almost everything is purchased.  

We are headed out tonight to purchase a new vacuum.  Exciting stuff, right?  I have a Dyson (which I hate by the way) that hasn’t been working right. I’m replacing it with a Shark that has a “lift away” portable option for hard to reach areas.  

AD13959D-DD9A-4F4D-A132-AEDE0D60E1DD.jpeg

F1E414D8-3E69-4672-ABB6-AC6CB0DC6447.jpeg

125442BD-4229-4A40-8235-55FD4111C1D0.jpeg

A2B1B7B1-B59C-4E5F-90C7-FAA1BE6B47C9.jpeg

4D326756-E9FC-438A-A72B-D7616C9F8E92.jpeg

4D947467-13E4-4E0E-8D0E-09FF7EE3188B.jpeg

33D4581F-DDAA-4AA9-9D81-02A9161C618A.jpeg

Lovely photos.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That’s where we bought it, BJ’s.  It was originally $ 279 and we paid $ 199, either a sale price or one of their  instant coupons.  I had seen it at Kohl’s for $ 279 but they had none.  I’ll be giving it a test drive today so 🤞.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are headed out tonight to purchase a new vacuum.  Exciting stuff, right?  I have a Dyson (which I hate by the way) that hasn’t been working right. I’m replacing it with a Shark that has a “lift away” portable option for hard to reach areas.  

I think you will like the Shark.  We replaced our Rainbow with one a couple years ago.  We also bought one for our daughter to replace her Dyson.  It was amazing how much the Shark was picking up that the others left behind. I do wish it had a little longer flexible section.   In order to use the hand attachments to vacuum the ceiling corners, you need to hold the liftoff canister in one hand to reach. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

I think you will like the Shark.  We replaced our Rainbow with one a couple years ago.  We also bought one for our daughter to replace her Dyson.  It was amazing how much the Shark was picking up that the others left behind. I do wish it had a little longer flexible section.   In order to use the hand attachments to vacuum the ceiling corners, you need to hold the liftoff canister in one hand to reach. 

I couldn't believe how much it picked up the first time I did our rugs!  I agree on the flexible section, it is too short.  I do like the light on the wand though.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No word on Antigua being cancelled since this is a quantum class ship I am hoping we will be okay.   I think it was the Oasis class ships that cannot go because of construction or dredging (I don't remember).     

I sure hope we go there we love Antigua.

We're going to Antigua on the Silhouette in February🤞

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally finished the outside decorations and the tree is done. 

535C2B93-EC8F-488E-841A-684F6DEF7E35.jpeg

FED13387-8EBE-49A5-BA78-B3B9B57A48E9.jpeg

Elegant and serene!!

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

At least we have container ships coming in here. Hopefully that will be of some benefit. 

Love the Governor of Florida!!!!

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Interesting vacuum talk as I just bought the Shark vacuum to replace an Oreck.  I got the Shark two weeks ago and like it a lot.  

I love my Shark vacuum.  I've had it for years now.  (I hope I didn't just jinx myself..lol!)

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I like the Roomba. :classic_biggrin: It vacuums while I read the newspaper.  

I'll use my Roomba occasionally;  it does a good enough job, except around the kitchen Island.  That drives me crazy!!  Then I'll grab my Ryobi hand vac.  Nothing beats my Shark vacuum, though!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The only time I was in Times Square for New Year’s Eve all I saw was the seat of men’s pants and the back of woolen coats. One of my uncles kept trying to pick me up, but we were packed so tight all that did was jam my nose farther into the people in front of us.
I have never wanted to repeat that experience! 

To get a better view in Times Square you have to go high . Husband on NASDAQ building in Times Square.

74F93F14-BB11-4C03-B828-278506706C6F.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally finished the outside decorations and the tree is done. 

535C2B93-EC8F-488E-841A-684F6DEF7E35.jpeg

FED13387-8EBE-49A5-BA78-B3B9B57A48E9.jpeg

Beautiful! Well done.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

ATTENTION:  Nice price drop for Bella's cruise.  It was mentioned on Bella's roll call and John's Bella thread.

Got the email. Boy do I love our TA. He is the best!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Part one of my day yesterday, after getting in a nice morning walk, was a Christmas luncheon with the coworkers from a firm I have been associated with since 1978.  This was not my primary job that I retired from five years ago, but a secondary one that allowed me to work as much, or as little as I wanted.  

I worked with them on a consulting basis for 10 years, then became a Partner in 1988, and three years ago we incorporated.  Well, this has been a year of change, because all of the partners are getting older.  I decided that this would be the year to retire from this secondary job, and the two other Partners decided the same.  So we are now in the process of transferring ownership to younger long term employees.  

What does this have to do with a Christmas luncheon you ask?   Well those employees chose this get together to thank me for the many years of work, and presented me with a nice retirement clock.  

63BD00F3-A798-45F9-A073-97BB3DE7197E.thumb.jpeg.c61060e123a526b0d2aca7a1bfcc9b92.jpeg

I guess I never really got the idea of getting timepieces for retirement, because I don’t have to think about time at all now. 

I know I will still be called upon for advice, but it is liberating to not have deadlines to meet now. (Other than those imposed by Boss Susan 😂😂)

• Like 20
  • Haha 1