Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was 9 years old my mother took me to A&S on Fulton St in Brooklyn to see Santa Claus.Every kid got their picture taken and a bag of candy.I still have the 5 x7 picture.Then I went to my friend John’s house to look at his Christmas tree.We are still friends to this day and even though her lives in Nevada we will discuss those childhood days .My friends came to my house and got their Hanukah gelt (chocolate ).

Yes!!  How could I forget the Chanukah gelt??? Foil wrapped chocolate coins.  Gelt in Yiddish means money.  In German, it's geld.

Dani, tell us about those yummy jelly donuts, sufganiot, Israelis eat during Chanukah. I actually get authentic Israeli style jelly donuts in Dallas.  They are NOT the ones you get at Dunkin' Donuts and are only sold Chanukah time, 

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ocean Boy what can you prescribe for a broken heart?

More hugs are necessary here (((Marietta and family)))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2017 we lost 5 friends and my nephew .Toby and I barely survived emotionally.Last year my 2 best friends died.I find myself questioning why I am still here .

Lenny, we LIVE.  Is it easy? At times, no.  It's what we do.  For ourselves, for our family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We raised our kids in the Christian faith but always told them it doesn't matter your faith but what type of person you are.  My daughter met and married a Jewish boy and they have chosen to primarily follow the Jewish faith.  I am learning a lot so please forgive if I misstate anything her on this thread.  My daughter made the jelly donuts with her kids, 5 and 3, for the last night of Hanukkah, they looked delicious.

Anyway, our granddaughter is quite the spitfire and grown up for her age.  Last year, at the age of 4, they sat her down to explain how some kids believe in Santa Claus and while he is not real (why they don't have Santa in their house) there are reasons other kids believe in him and why she shouldn't try to correct them if they do believe.  Her response, "So parents lie to their kids?"   They fumbled through the rest especially since Figment had been leaving footprints around their house the week before 🤣.

They will be coming to our house for xmas, which we do have decorated, andvisiting some other family, it will be interesting to see their reactions.  We have stocking and orname to on the tree for all!

Added picture of her finished product.

FB_IMG_1639104709132.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks Graham.The funeral will be Sunday.Two Sunday’s in a row that we will be going to funerals.

I'm so sorry Lenny. I know it must be so hard. Being there will send a great message that you loved them and were always there for them.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ocean Boy what can you prescribe for a broken heart?

I feel your pain. While I'm no doctor I have had plenty of experiences of a broken heart. What has helped me was to give myself time to grieve. Like I said earlier it doesn't get easier just easier to deal with. It's important to take care of yourself and let people who love you know how you feel. Better to let it all out than to keep it inside. Pamper yourself with the things that do make you happy. When the time is right you will make it so you love again. We were so heartbroken at the loss of both Penny and Maggie. We said we would wait a long time before getting a new dog. Then it finally hit us. Why wait? A dog needs us just as much as we need them. Our new Elizabeth (hopeful to pick her up the day after Christmas) will never replace Maggie or Penny, but there will be a new love, one that will be different but love never the less. Hang in there. Love will aways find a way.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry Lenny. I know it must be so hard. Being there will send a great message that you loved them and were always there for them.

I feel your pain. While I'm no doctor I have had plenty of experiences of a broken heart. What has helped me was to give myself time to grieve. Like I said earlier it doesn't get easier just easier to deal with. It's important to take care of yourself and let people who love you know how you feel. Better to let it all out than to keep it inside. Pamper yourself with the things that do make you happy. When the time is right you will make it so you love again. We were so heartbroken at the loss of both Penny and Maggie. We said we would wait a long time before getting a new dog. Then it finally hit us. Why wait? A dog needs us just as much as we need them. Our new Elizabeth (hopeful to pick her up the day after Christmas) will never replace Maggie or Penny, but there will be a new love, one that will be different but love never the less. Hang in there. Love will aways find a way.

Great post. Greg.

Your new dog looks really cute.

Screenshot_20211209_123756.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

DS1 had to cut short his long-awaited vacation, due to the new quarantine regulations which were not in place when he flew out. PCR test on arrival, 72 hours quarantine, and then another PCR. If the 2nd is negative, he can return to work.... 

So, last day surfing in Paradise (Sri Lanka) --

PHOTO-2021-12-06-16-00-03.thumb.jpg.83217f6400fa2f9d96a950a9b10bae2b.jpg

PHOTO-2021-12-06-16-04-10.thumb.jpg.64dc100a5fcad3740580515c57ce50bc.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 19

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, tell us about those yummy jelly donuts, sufganiot, Israelis eat during Chanukah. I actually get authentic Israeli style jelly donuts in Dallas.  They are NOT the ones you get at Dunkin' Donuts and are only sold Chanukah time, 

They're very tasty.... and chock full of calories... The moment we realized that an average one "packs" 400 calories, we gave up...

9 hours ago, akcruz said:

We raised our kids in the Christian faith but always told them it doesn't matter your faith but what type of person you are. 

Same here, raised in the Jewish faith, but my father always stressed out that first, and above all, you'll have to be a "mensch" [A person of integrity and honor. Yiddish, human being, mensch]. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ohh, it looks so beautiful. I wonder how many Lego kits are wrapped there... 😁

There just might be a couple sets.  A Lego Ferris wheel set for grandson, and a Friends set for granddaughter.  

And yes, we are guilty of spoiling our grandkids. 😀😀

• Like 7

On 12/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely day in the lovely city of York this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20211209_115714.jpg

We love York!  The Minster was very interesting to tour through, especially the Roman road that they uncovered below the Minster.  

• Like 1

Last night was the opening night to Amelia Island's Dickens on Centre Festival.  It's 3 days of Christmas music, storytelling, food, vendor booths, St. Nick, and lots of people dressed in Victorian outfits.  There are restaurant specials throughout the island and other related events like tours of decorated historic homes and the "Run Like the Dickens" 1 mile fun run (kids and dogs welcome).  There were fireworks last night and an Illuminated Procession where some organized groups and a lot of families/kids held candles or lighted balloons (anything illuminated) and walked down the main street (Centre Street).  Should be a fun weekend.

IMG_8122.thumb.jpg.02d4cd7116f0588adedb3df074e0276a.jpg

APC_2620-hdr.thumb.JPG.9de1b23e029780b20b83677e38c300d3.JPG

IMG_8104.thumb.JPG.53fd0eff9c2bed1013f6590289165d11.JPG

IMG_8105.thumb.JPG.b23c6a31c2f837a5a4891c55ccc5d214.JPG

IMG_8115.thumb.JPG.7a4b1d64b271634a2d8f33b6b5376b20.JPG

IMG_8067.thumb.jpg.a02ee3682a74cd8fcbf19c18a61788ec.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

We received our royal up email for our Jan 9th Anthem sailing.  I was very tempted to bid on 1 bed GS starting T $350 pp till I saw the hump balcony for our b2b opened up so I called and switched to that cabin.  Will be nice to not have to change cabins.  

Looks like a bunch of people arent making final payment as cabins in all categories opened up yesterday.  Prices are much higher than what we paid in October.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Today's Lunch 😋

Graham.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Wow those look good!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

+1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now you have me wanting to eat lunch at 8:45 in the morning.

+4  Those pizzas look amazing.

There just might be a couple sets.  A Lego Ferris wheel set for grandson, and a Friends set for granddaughter.  

That's why the "powers above" created us, the grand...🥰

• Like 3

It's required and of course we love every moment doing it!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Last night was the opening night to Amelia Island's Dickens on Centre Festival.  It's 3 days of Christmas music, storytelling, food, vendor booths, St. Nick, and lots of people dressed in Victorian outfits.  There are restaurant specials throughout the island and other related events like tours of decorated historic homes and the "Run Like the Dickens" 1 mile fun run (kids and dogs welcome).  There were fireworks last night and an Illuminated Procession where some organized groups and a lot of families/kids held candles or lighted balloons (anything illuminated) and walked down the main street (Centre Street).  Should be a fun weekend.

IMG_8122.thumb.jpg.02d4cd7116f0588adedb3df074e0276a.jpg

APC_2620-hdr.thumb.JPG.9de1b23e029780b20b83677e38c300d3.JPG

IMG_8104.thumb.JPG.53fd0eff9c2bed1013f6590289165d11.JPG

IMG_8105.thumb.JPG.b23c6a31c2f837a5a4891c55ccc5d214.JPG

IMG_8115.thumb.JPG.7a4b1d64b271634a2d8f33b6b5376b20.JPG

IMG_8067.thumb.jpg.a02ee3682a74cd8fcbf19c18a61788ec.jpg

How beautiful! 

When we lived in NY, we always made it a point annually to drive down to mid-Manhattan to see the ice skaters, the tree at Rockefeller Center, have a wonderful NYC deli lunch and visit the best (at that time, closed now) toy store ever, FAO Schwartz. 

No matter what holiday you celebrate, it's a magical place.  We allowed our daughter to pick one item within reason.  Her item was usually a Barbie doll so we got off easy.  Lord & Taylor dept. store had the best window animated displays.  The only thing I hated was the cold!  Temp here in TX is now 73 now, going up to 83.  Awesome for mid-December!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We received our royal up email for our Jan 9th Anthem sailing.  I was very tempted to bid on 1 bed GS starting T $350 pp till I saw the hump balcony for our b2b opened up so I called and switched to that cabin.  Will be nice to not have to change cabins.  

Looks like a bunch of people arent making final payment as cabins in all categories opened up yesterday.  Prices are much higher than what we paid in October.  

After reading this I looked at January 9.  That’s crazy how many balconies opened up.  The GS would be tempting but I think we would of chosen being in the same balcony too.

It still shows that it’s going to Antigua, have you received a cancel on that yet?  Seems like it has been canceled on a lot of cruises.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1