Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady  I just got a call from SS.  I was surprised it was approved already.  First payment in March.  She gave me the option to start it in Nov and get the first check this month.  It was kind of funny talking to her.  It sound like she called to explain I didn’t have to wait.  I was trying to explain that I based my decision on the amount I will receive annually. She said, we only pay monthly not annually.  I told her I understand then she said but you won’t get that amount next year (9 months.). I tried to explain what annually meant, monthly payment x 12, but saw it was going over her head so I finally said that I was comfortable with getting my first payment in March.  😂   If I remember correctly the approval took only about two weeks. I think it went quickly since I have already been approved for Medicare. Thanks again for your input.  All went smooth…….. so far.

You are most welcome.   I am very happy I was able to help!!  🙂  That's what we friends are for!  😉 

I am happy to report that I was just informed that I got a "raise" for my 2022 check!  (As I am thinking many of us did).   5.9 % increase!   And I didn't even have to go through an employee review!  😄  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congratulations again. Maybe some day we will meet and then I can say I know 2 people who have won Emmy and Grammy awards. The other person I know is Vance Powell who has won 6 Grammy awards. His is music related. You will need to take a picture of all of them together and post it. I’m sure it’s a pretty sight. 🏆

The two sons of one of my friends have been nominated 22 times for Prime Time Emmy awards and won twice,Justin and Eric Stangel.

• Like 3

I remember when our daughter was younger we used to hide her Christmas gifts in the trunk of the GTO.  She never found them.

Our only challenge was the year we got her a Barbie Car.   

It actually was stored in the crawl space up in the rafters of the garage.

DH says never again.  To hard getting large box up and down before it was put together.

One of my coworkers used to hide his wife's gifts in the oven. 

She never cooked and he did not get burned (pun intended).

Stay safe.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am happy to report that I was just informed that I got a "raise" for my 2022 check!  (As I am thinking many of us did).   5.9 % increase!   And I didn't even have to go through an employee review!  😄 

That’s nice. It will help towards another cruise!  😝   When I was first looking at estimates of SS the 5.9% was not built in.  It’s now in.  I elected to have Medicare withheld.  $170 per month.  I don’t remember what it was this year per month.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are most welcome.   I am very happy I was able to help!!  🙂  That's what we friends are for!  😉 

I was also happy with this increase , should pay for a couple of extra good bottles of wine. Wife just turned 60 and still working but gets a nice raise and bonus every year. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, George C said:

Love both of them , have seen Tony Bennett several times since the 1960’s , another one is Frankie Valli in his upper 80’s still has a great voice. One of our favorite singers in Dallas is in his 80’s and has been singing and playing the piano here for over 60 years.

Yes, Frankie Valli!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

South Little Tor Road in New City, just down the road from Cropsey Farm Stand

We moved from Tappan to New City so I know the area well.  We loved having lunch or dinner at Pasta Cucina in that area.  I vaguely remember going to a dentist across the St. from Cropsey Farm on Little Tor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, Frankie Valli!

Another great older musician is Herb Albert who is 86 we saw him a couple of times in last few years in the majestic theater downtown Dallas he said he liked playing there since it was one of the few theaters older than he was - he is worth almost a billion and gave the proceeds to charity, his wife who tours with him is the former lead singer with Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66.  he is in Dallas again next month 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Have you ever checked out the lights at Silver Dollar City?  A lot of hills to walk but it’s pretty cool.

Oh, yes I've been several times. Love going to SDC at Christmas time.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Kind of a gray, damp, bone chilling day in RI

20211208_133049.thumb.jpg.cf072ad2fcb9de66d58300b057f60033.jpg

I'd take that view and sound of the ocean any time.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congratulations again. Maybe some day we will meet and then I can say I know 2 people who have won Emmy and Grammy awards. The other person I know is Vance Powell who has won 6 Grammy awards. His is music related. You will need to take a picture of all of them together and post it. I’m sure it’s a pretty sight. 🏆

Thanks Renee. Vance Powell is a legend. What incredible producer and engineer. I would like to meet him someday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I elected to have Medicare withheld.  $170 per month.  I don’t remember what it was this year per month

It was $144 this year, so a $26 increase. I heard it was because they will be covering a very expensive Alzheimer’s drug. 

• Like 1

Sorry I have not been around. I have been in bed for the last two days with a horrible cold and cough. At first I was scared thinking I had Covid. I've taken two Covid tests and they were negative. So I think it's just an old fashioned cold. Probably due to my go-go-go living during the cruise and  since then. I have to remember my age. I will be in and out the next couple of days. We have a dinner party this weekend at our house and I need to be totally over this before I can have guests over. I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I have not been around. I have been in bed for the last two days with a horrible cold and cough. At first I was scared thinking I had Covid. I've taken two Covid tests and they were negative. So I think it's just an old fashioned cold.

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is a great spot to hide presents.  I hope you didnt get hurt when you fell out.

That's cute they heard Santa🤩

My 57 year old son still stands by what he said when he was 8. 
He heard the reindeer walking on the roof and the bells jingling. 
He got out of bed and went to our bedroom and heard us talking. 
He went back to his bedroom and sat and listened and heard the footsteps speed up, the bells jingled and then nothing. 
He says he would swear to the whole thing in a court of law. 
He has always been straight arrow, so I have to believe he really heard Santa’s reindeer!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Another great older musician is Herb Albert who is 86 we saw him a couple of times in last few years in the majestic theater downtown Dallas he said he liked playing there since it was one of the few theaters older than he was - he is worth almost a billion and gave the proceeds to charity, his wife who tours with him is the former lead singer with Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66.  he is in Dallas again next month 

I always liked his music.  "This guy's in love with you....."  Not the most fabulous singer, but his music makes me "feel".  If a song can touch me, it's a winner IMHO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢The last few days he has been going downhill.  My son is heartbroken as are the rest of us. He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

My heart is breaking. He had a good life filled with love.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh, yes I've been several times. Love going to SDC at Christmas time.

I saw a commercial for it and thought of you.  Funny thing is today google photos, which at the time I didn’t realize my pics were loading to, popped up to show me 3 years ago memories.  Guess what it was…..

image.thumb.jpeg.8e32ca506049fcb65936e27a2d4e10d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d7436ff92ff2e41843d5b4770ba0e43d.jpeg

• Like 9

On 12/7/2021 at 3:04 AM, Sea Dog said:

Exciting day receiving my final Emmy award.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:18 AM, Arzeena said:

Congratulations!

We, your CC family are very honored.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:32 AM, jagsfan said:

You’ve elevated us to the ranks of those who have a friend who has won Emmys. 
Thank you, Greg!

Such a fitting tribute to end a glorious career 🥰

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The Emmy would be a really cool hood ornament.

Agree. A very beautiful statue 😁

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not exactly convenient but they are worth the trip. As you mention in another post, when you find a good one, you gotta hold on to them. 

+ 1 👍

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Kind of a gray, damp, bone chilling day in RI

Same here... 1st evening we have the heat on.

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢 ..... He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

... and, that's a lot. Nevertheless, so very sorry. 😢

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were hoping he would make it to Christmas.  My police officer son is home crying, it is so sad

I’m so sorry you have to say goodbye too soon.

Bosley knows he’s loved…that’s the most important thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢The last few days he has been going downhill.  My son is heartbroken as are the rest of us. He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

So very sorry for you & your family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1