Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just like you I also have my dining room piled up with presents and I hope to start sorting and wrapping this weekend. Sounds like you need some of Santa's Elves to come help out.   😘

Now if you can ask DH to open the boxes but not peak all should be fine.     

I always buy my Christmas cards on the after Christmas sales or down the shore.   I got as far as bringing out my storage box of cards and plopping on the dining room table.     I hope to start writing them tomorrow morning and then go buy Holiday stamps.

You know but I will say anyway, be careful😍

When I was working at my long time job ,25 years,I took pictures of my coworkers at every birthday party ,Christmas party and other office parties.

I still send Christmas cards to many of the people I worked with and enclose a picture of them .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just like you I also have my dining room piled up with presents and I hope to start sorting and wrapping this weekend. Sounds like you need some of Santa's Elves to come help out.   😘

Now if you can ask DH to open the boxes but not peak all should be fine.     

I always buy my Christmas cards on the after Christmas sales or down the shore.   I got as far as bringing out my storage box of cards and plopping on the dining room table.     I hope to start writing them tomorrow morning and then go buy Holiday stamps.

You know but I will say anyway, be careful😍

This is one of our spare bedrooms that’s designated “the boys room” for when our grandsons visit.  Andy has renamed it “the retail room” LOL.  

5A81CD55-5850-492F-8C57-C0D0F9A71829.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My dentist takes us right away also.  That is why we go and pay out of pocket.  We have his assistants cell phone number and can call even when they are closed.

Our insurance used to cover some but then it was taken away so we now pay out of pocket.  Our Dentist has been giving us a discount for several years now.  He does a great job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

It did, cleaning and he fixed a chip tooth.  I love my dentist even though he doesn’t take our plan!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I love my dentist too.

49 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have a great dentist too.  

Very interesting you folks that love your dentist. I frequently get calls from patents who want me to do something about a tooth ache because their dentist is either busy or unavailable.😏

• Like 4

I think that redoing the wall has been more of a challenge than the contractors imagine.  After seeing and hearing them all day I am glad I hired it done.  I thought about doing the porch and basement wall but after today, if I do it, I will probably hire it done.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbe5cc6a16dcb0217b7357d76bd488c6.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Posted pic twice…. CC
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think that redoing the wall has been more of a challenge than the contractors imagine.  After seeing and hearing them all day I am glad I hired it done.  I thought about doing the porch and basement wall but after today, if I do it, I will probably hire it done.

Looks amazing.  I like it a lot. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very interesting you folks that love your dentist. I frequently get calls from patents who want me to do something about a tooth ache because their dentist is either busy or unavailable.😏

Tell them to take a cruise to Cozumel.  😉

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very intetesting you folks that love your dentist. I frequently get calls from patents who want me to do something about a tooth ache because their dentist is either busy or unavailable.😏

I texted our ENT yesterday and told him we were running out of Zinc.  He later brought us over a couple bottles.  😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very intetesting you folks that love your dentist. I frequently get calls from patents who want me to do something about a tooth ache because their dentist is either busy or unavailable.😏

Our dentist has been very responsive to any issues we have had.  I didn't think my son had any issues with his mouth after being hit by the ball, he had a hurt ego more than anything that he had missed the ball, but it was nice that Dr M checked his teeth and his jaw.  We have never had a late night tooth ache though.  Knock on wood. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Love the way this looks!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's pretty! How large are the individual rock pieces? 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks amazing.  I like it a lot. 

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love the way this looks!

Thanks.  I am thankful it is turning out good.  It’s a bit of a gamble when you choose something like this based on a sample piece at the store.  I did not even see the trim around the window before they put it up. They made two outlets on the wall where it will be closed in.  The daughters are getting excited for the new hangout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was working at my long time job ,25 years,I took pictures of my coworkers at every birthday party ,Christmas party and other office parties.

I still send Christmas cards to many of the people I worked with and enclose a picture of them .

That is really nice.    I have a couple coworkers I stay in touch with from previous jobs but i don't have photos to include - nice touch🤩

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is one of our spare bedrooms that’s designated “the boys room” for when our grandsons visit.  Andy has renamed it “the retail room” LOL.  

5A81CD55-5850-492F-8C57-C0D0F9A71829.jpeg

Perfect - love the name!

I don't know why I just plop the boxes and bags into the dining room instead of one of the spare bedrooms.    Maybe I am getting lazy as I get older and dining room is closer to front door than bedrooms 😁

I used to have some really good hiding spots when the kids were young.    I used to put stuff above the ceiling tiles in the basement near the workshop area.    They recently told me they never knew that spot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The good part was my yard was free of leaves this morning when I opened my kitchen blinds.  😊 

The winds were kind to me last night. Blew all the leaves into a nice, tidy pile in the corner of the yard. Made for quick and easy pickup. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My dentist takes us right away also.  That is why we go and pay out of pocket.  We have his assistants cell phone number and can call even when they are closed.

That's why I love my dentist. Even after I moved over an hour away,  I continue to see her.  Well worth the trip, especially since it's "usually" only twice a year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe you are move lovable then their dentist. 

Speaking of love, I guess the mods don't love Abott and Costello "Who's on First " routine 😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I texted our ENT yesterday and told him we were running out of Zinc.  He later brought us over a couple bottles.  😊

Firstly , I had to ask my husband what is an ENT .  I got that cleared up and now why do you need zinc ?  Something to do with lysozyme , bacterial cell wall membrane and an amino acid called amidase.   

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Firstly , I had to ask my husband what is an ENT .  I got that cleared up and now why do you need zinc ?  Something to do with lysozyme , bacterial cell wall membrane and an amino acid called amidase.   

Am I the only one who thinks Greg’s Emmy would make a nice hood ornament ? 

The Zinc really had nothing to do with him being an ENT, just a friend that loads up on vitamins and when he heard we were short on zinc he offered.

The Emmy would be a really cool hood ornament.

• Like 2

Building on the drumming discussion from yesterday, I just had another drumming video pop up on my YouTube home.  Buddy Rich is often considered the greatest drummer of all time.  He did a solo in 1982 (I think) that was enhanced to the 4K video below.  I don't know if it's his talent or the video enhancement (likely some of both) but his left hand is moving so fast that it's a blur at several points.  The comments of the original, unenhanced video says that he had a mild heart attack in the middle of the solo, continued, took a bow, and then went to the hospital.  If true, amazing.

This made me think of old Johnny Carson Tonight Shows where Buddy Rich would be a guest and perform drum solos.

• Like 2