Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What a beautiful house! It is so neat and tidy. Everyone seems to have such neat homes. We seem to have stuff everywhere with magazines and things on the tables. And we have run out of places to store things. :classic_biggrin:

Which is why you'll never see me post a picture of my house.

I did post  picture last year of my snowblower though....lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Exciting day receiving my final Emmy award. A nice end cap for a long career. It never gets old. I am honored and humbled to work with so many talented people. To be recognized by my peers means a lot. I am feeling very blessed tonight.

IMG_7491.thumb.jpg.2d9213ad6ad60a6ad557ae7c7ab629f7.jpg

• Like 31

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wasn't familiar with him but I did look him up. WOW what an impressive list of groups he's played with besides Benny. Gil Evans and Stan Getz were huge artists. Very cool that he was your cousin.

There were many musicians/singers among my relatives.One guy gave up music for Real Estate.My cousin Marilyn Michaels is a singer,actress ,comedienne .She has been on Broadway and the West End in London.

Lately she has been appearing with her son in Manhattan clubs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

What does it cost to have someone show up at your home?

I did not go through all the steps. This is the link in the email::

https://covidtesting.scarlethealth.com/scarlet/ccrz__CCPage?pageKey=scarlet&partner=scarlet

I have also read on travel blogs that quite a few hotels in the Caribbean islands offer this service for travelers returning to the US.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So....like Debbie and Mark, we've done several leaf clean-ups around here.  By Saturday afternoon, I was done with both the front and back...all cleaned up.  

This morning, I woke up to the entire back, front, and side of the house completely blanketed with leaves.  I believe the trees not only on our property, but those surrounding our property, are laughing at me today.  Perhaps the Grinch and the Krampus had something to do with this atrocity??

Last weekend we had the yard spotless of leaves and it stayed that way all week till yesterday I woke up and opened blinds in kitchen to see the yard sprinkled with leaves.  We decided not enough to worry about and declared we were done leaf duty for 2021 and ready to bring on Christmas.

So instead of raking I steam mopped all our floors and plan on shampooing carpet in family room (only room in our house with carpet) this week then we will pick up Christmas tree this coming weekend🎄

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Exciting day receiving my final Emmy award. A nice end cap for a long career. It never gets old. I am honored and humbled to work with so many talented people. To be recognized by my peers means a lot. I am feeling very blessed tonight.

Congratulations!

We, your CC family are very honored.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is awesome. Congratulations again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I did not go through all the steps. This is the link in the email::

https://covidtesting.scarlethealth.com/scarlet/ccrz__CCPage?pageKey=scarlet&partner=scarlet

I have also read on travel blogs that quite a few hotels in the Caribbean islands offer this service for travelers returning to the US.

I put in my zip code and got a message that they are not in my area.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have 6 crates of magazines,sports memorabilia,music memorabilia,vacation souvenirs and things from every school that I went to in one of my closets.

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You’ve elevated us to the ranks of those who have a friend who has won Emmys. 
Thank you, Greg!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I looked for manufacture dates.  The microwave has the green numbers and was manufactured 08/2021.  I can't see a date on the stove, there is a label on the front in the drawer area but no date, so likely is on the back.  I will check it out next time we have to pull it out.  The microwave has a setup looking button that I am going to see if it lets me change colors.

It could be that they were manufactured in different countries, or even different factories within the same county, and were dependent on different vendors to supply the display panel.

Although it would be cool if the settings button allowed to change the display colors.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

In the northeast, the trees are finally bare and the snow is in our near future, so it is get the leaves cleaned up now or they will stay there until spring.  We also have curbside trash pickup that only takes yard waste on a specific schedule, with Friday being the last day until April 2022.  We have a compost pile in our backyard but we just have too many leaves, so we usually have five barrels of leaves and a bunch of paper compostable bags out for pickup.  Don't worry, we will all be comparing and complaining about snow really soon. 😁😄😇

:classic_biggrin: That's interesting. Things are so very different on the opposite coasts. I guess they wouldn't compost under the snow. :classic_huh: And we have green waste pick up all year, because yard work is a thing all year. :classic_smile: When my friend from MA. came out in April one year, she was amazed that, "Your trees have leaves already!" :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last weekend we had the yard spotless of leaves and it stayed that way all week till yesterday I woke up and opened blinds in kitchen to see the yard sprinkled with leaves.  We decided not enough to worry about and declared we were done leaf duty for 2021 and ready to bring on Christmas.

So instead of raking I steam mopped all our floors and plan on shampooing carpet in family room (only room in our house with carpet) this week then we will pick up Christmas tree this coming weekend🎄

The winds are howling and the lights flickering right now. I suspect my nice clean yard won't be so clean when I wake up tomorrow.😐

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

Me. All me. All of it.

Except #6. I love my in-laws. They treat me as a king. Always my favorite beer in the fridge.

EDIT TO ADD: It's not me in the video, it's just that I relate to almost all of it.

Still love Christmas though.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Finally finished putting up Christmas!

CC7EFCAD-CD41-482C-AFF6-A0B3C303064A.jpeg

7DD930FE-DD8B-457B-9A91-0108CCB308F2.jpeg

After a month since we adopted our new girl, the kitties are learning to tolerate each other.

CDCD8277-449B-456A-AD2D-10561FB33DB0.jpeg

058C2445-B94C-4451-8ABD-BA9AF781370E.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous tree.  You did a wonderful job in decorating.  Looks like right out of a home decorating ad.  Perfect🎄

Pretty kitties too.

Nice to hear they are settling in.  What are their names?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Celebrity sent us an email for our January cruise regarding testing. Still to test 2 days out and they added one more option for testing. I am sure Royal will follow.

Concierge Testing Service:
In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is also available. Bio-reference will send a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test. Your results will be ready in about 48 hours.

Wow concierge testing sounds amazing.  Any idea if and how much they may charge?

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can't you do your own test and have someone else sign off on the results? Being a medical professional should come with some sort of perks. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The winds are howling and the lights flickering right now. I suspect my nice clean yard won't be so clean when I wake up tomorrow.😐

We just had downpour of rain for about 2 hrs with heavy winds.  We unplugged outdoor decorations since the blow ups, especially Santa and Bob the minion were really dancing around.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did it yesterday too.  Got the same message. LOL

It is $85 but test results take 1-3 days?  Am I missing something with this new service?

This specimen will be delivered to a BioReference Laboratories facility, and your test results will be ready in approximately 1-3 days after your specimen arrives at the laboratory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

What a beautiful house! It is so neat and tidy. Everyone seems to have such neat homes. We seem to have stuff everywhere with magazines and things on the tables. And we have run out of places to store things. :classic_biggrin:

Describes our family room and dining room where DH reigns perfectly.  I rule the kitchen table, bedroom and living room where I hang out.  Lot of momentos from trips but no paperwork or magazines.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

You've just described our house... I call it: "a house lived in" 😉

LOL, my husband uses that line wheneven I complain that other people's houses don't have stacks of magazines or shoes everywhere.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

From the outside ours looks pretty.  Inside not so calming.

• Haha 3