Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Me. All me. All of it.

Except #6. I love my in-laws. They treat me as a king. Always my favorite beer in the fridge.

EDIT TO ADD: It's not me in the video, it's just that I relate to almost all of it.

Still love Christmas though.

This is the first time in years I can relate. 
Instead of having my cards ready to go out right after Thanksgiving, I haven’t even started them. 
The only thing I have done is get wish lists and order online. 
I learned something important. 

If you buy everything online, tell your DH just put it on the dining room table, and don’t go into the dining room for a week, you’re in for a shock. 
I should have taken a picture. The table is covered with boxes and bags. Three and four boxes high!

I was going to start opening them this morning, but I can’t reach anything on top. He’s out running errands and will probably come in with a few more boxes!

I will have to ask him to take off a couple of levels so I can make a start. 
In a couple of hours I’ll see my electrophysiologist who hopefully can figure out new meds to get rid of the AFib and postpone anything else till after the new year. 
Then I can come home and tackle this impossible project. 
Helpful hint…open the damn boxes as they come in !

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

New this year… Andrew (11) thought our lighted wreaths weren’t enough and begged us to add something else to decorate the front yard. I like how this Nativity turned out!

DAA95302-D7E9-4B8A-8A3D-E796A3CE942A.jpeg

5A55C7C7-4077-4F71-8B7B-4E63BE799DA9.jpeg

Very pretty!

And a good reminder of why we celebrate!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are on the road to Erie, Pa this morning.  They have had a few lake effect snow showers, so things are coated. 

Even though the roads look clear, some of those bridges can be icy.  It looks like some were not having a good day. (I debated if I should post this, but maybe it can be a reminder to drive carefully)

I am always amazed at how many people passed us doing 80 mph or more after passing that!

We did arrive safely at our destination. 

Hopefully no one was hurt.    

It always seems like everyone has to learn how to drive again after the first snowfall.    

• Like 3

@ownedbypets

Thank you so much for coming by to see us!  Really made our day!!   So nice to finally meet you! 🥰

And thanks again for showing us your absolutely gorgeous Star Loft Suite.  Wow!!  Beautiful!

You are just as sweet in person as you are online.  Thanks again for finding us!  🙂   Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise, and hope to see you around the ship! 

• Like 4

@Luckynana   Yes, that wind was howling all night at our house too!     The cats were squished up against me most of the night as I don't think they liked it either.   

We totally forgot to put a brick ontop of our recycle trash can or move to the garage so this morning I had to pick up a bunch of trash that blew between our neighbors house.

Our lighted Mr. Bumble blew over and Eric has to rehang the large wreath but everything else looks good.    

The good part was my yard was free of leaves this morning when I opened my kitchen blinds.  😊 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It did, cleaning and he fixed a chip tooth.  I love my dentist even though he doesn’t take our plan!

I love my dentist too.My previous dentist only worked two days a week.I called one day with a very bad toothache His office person said the dentist could see me in 5 days.Instead I called a dentist recommended by a neighbor and he said come right in.He has been my dentist 4 years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was going to start opening them this morning, but I can’t reach anything on top. He’s out running errands and will probably come in with a few more boxes!

In a couple of hours I’ll see my electrophysiologist who hopefully can figure out new meds to get rid of the AFib and postpone anything else till after the new year. 

Please don't overdo it, Mimi!!!  Your family and friends all know what you've just been through, and don't forget you need your rest to recover fully.❤️

I sure hope your new meds will get rid of the AFib.

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana   Yes, that wind was howling all night at our house too!     The cats were squished up against me most of the night as I don't think they liked it either.      

The good part was my yard was free of leaves this morning when I opened my kitchen blinds.  😊 

Poor little kitties!

Seeing your yard free of leaves is a beautiful thing!!!😉

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It did, cleaning and he fixed a chip tooth.  I love my dentist even though he doesn’t take our plan!

We love our dentist too!  In fact, Jim and I will be on the Island Thursday for our 6 month visit with Dr. G😊

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My dentist takes us right away also.  That is why we go and pay out of pocket.  We have his assistants cell phone number and can call even when they are closed.

My current dentist takes my insurance .He and his staff are very nice people.My prior dentist did not take my insurance .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Reduced capacity but don't forget they have also reduced seat availability. It was nice having reserved seats. Now you just get early access. Going to a show 45 minutes early like in the "old days" in order to get seats is not appealing to me.

How do they arrange seating?  What if you're a party of 4, 6, etc?  Aren't seats already blocked off?

With reduced seating, I don't understand why the early seating perk was removed especially, since it worked so well and was popular in the past.

We're non-suite (but sweet) and usually arrive approx. 20 minutes before showtime, sometimes less.  Never a problem getting seats.  We've learned to cut down on 2-hour MDR dinners by telling our waiter we have to get out by......whatever time we tell him.

I love WJ for dinner, Jack, not so much.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

This is the first time in years I can relate. 
Instead of having my cards ready to go out right after Thanksgiving, I haven’t even started them. 
The only thing I have done is get wish lists and order online. 
I learned something important. 

If you buy everything online, tell your DH just put it on the dining room table, and don’t go into the dining room for a week, you’re in for a shock. 
I should have taken a picture. The table is covered with boxes and bags. Three and four boxes high!

Just like you I also have my dining room piled up with presents and I hope to start sorting and wrapping this weekend. Sounds like you need some of Santa's Elves to come help out.   😘

Now if you can ask DH to open the boxes but not peak all should be fine.     

I always buy my Christmas cards on the after Christmas sales or down the shore.   I got as far as bringing out my storage box of cards and plopping on the dining room table.     I hope to start writing them tomorrow morning and then go buy Holiday stamps.

You know but I will say anyway, be careful😍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My dentist takes us right away also.  That is why we go and pay out of pocket.  We have his assistants cell phone number and can call even when they are closed.

We have a great dentist too.  When my son was younger, he got hit in the face with a thrown ball at a baseball game.  Our dentist was there for the next game and he came over and checked my son's teeth in right field.  That's what I call great service! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1