Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢The last few days he has been going downhill.  My son is heartbroken as are the rest of us. He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

I am so sorry. It breaks my heart as I know what your son is going through. It doesn't get easier just easier to deal with. We are happy to be getting a new puppy but still miss our precious Maggie. Our pets are everything to us. I really wish they could live a lot longer. Rest in Peace dear Bosley.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢The last few days he has been going downhill.  My son is heartbroken as are the rest of us. He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

Oh Marietta, I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved Bosley.  It is so heartbreaking.😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry.  He had a wonderful 11 years with people who loved him.  It is so hard to say goodbye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We have a dinner party this weekend at our house and I need to be totally over this before I can have guests over. I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later. 

Feel better, Greg.  Try to get some Zinc Lozenges (GNC was always my go-to, but they seem to have gone out of business??) to suck on.  It's always helped me to recover rather quickly.  Good luck!!

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

My 57 year old son still stands by what he said when he was 8. 
He heard the reindeer walking on the roof and the bells jingling. 
He got out of bed and went to our bedroom and heard us talking. 
He went back to his bedroom and sat and listened and heard the footsteps speed up, the bells jingled and then nothing. 
He says he would swear to the whole thing in a court of law. 
He has always been straight arrow, so I have to believe he really heard Santa’s reindeer!

Our grandsons always heard Santa's Reindeer (Jim always went outside after the boys were in bed, and he would ring jingle bells good and loud)

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I saw a commercial for it and thought of you.  Funny thing is today google photos, which at the time I didn’t realize my pics were loading to, popped up to show me 3 years ago memories.  Guess what it was…..

image.thumb.jpeg.8e32ca506049fcb65936e27a2d4e10d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d7436ff92ff2e41843d5b4770ba0e43d.jpeg

That looks so pretty and inviting!

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about Bosley Marietta.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

I am so sorry to read this. It is such a difficult thing to go through. No words will make it any easier. 

FB_IMG_1638296413221.jpg.3fb9689034b2e26bb8d94e0d9748c411.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

So very sorry, Marietta.  {{hugs}}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were hoping he would make it to Christmas.  My police officer son is home crying, it is so sad

Aaahh. It is always sad and difficult to make that decision. Even though they depend on us to make it for them. It is so sad and hard to do. But Bosley won't have any pain anymore and he leaves with all his memories of his loving family. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I sat down after cleaning up the dishes after dinner and found a number of pages of posts to read through - again ! 

Some very different topics posted here tonight.

Marietta- I am sorry to hear the news about Bosley. How wonderful that he found a forever home with your son and family. He will never be forgotten by those that loved him.

On another note, speaking of older entertainers from our younger days, my DH and I saw Frankie Valli in West Palm Beach at the Kravitz Center a few years ago. He put on an excellent show.

We also saw The Hitmen- a band of former musicians for Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and also Neil Sedaka at a theater in Fort Pierce FL. Both were very entertaining shows. I didn’ t realize that Sedaka was formally trained at the Juilliard School of Music. I recall him and his songs being featured on American Bandstand. ( I guess I really am a Senior Citizen !!!).

Wishing all a good night !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My 57 year old son still stands by what he said when he was 8. 
He heard the reindeer walking on the roof and the bells jingling. 
He got out of bed and went to our bedroom and heard us talking. 
He went back to his bedroom and sat and listened and heard the footsteps speed up, the bells jingled and then nothing. 
He says he would swear to the whole thing in a court of law. 
He has always been straight arrow, so I have to believe he really heard Santa’s reindeer!

I'm sure he did hear them.  Believe💕

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I'm so very sorry to hear about sweet Bosley.  So difficult for that final good-bye,

((Marietta))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Condolences to you, your son and family. All of the rescue dogs in the world thank you for rescuing Bosley and providing him eleven years of extra love

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So sorry to hear this.  It is never easy to do but thankful everyone had much longer with him then what was originally predicted.   I'm sure he has had a wonderful loving home with lots of great memories for all.💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Agreed.  Blair had a rich snootiness to her that Aniston didn't really capture.  The woman who played Mrs. Garrett though was spot on, including the wobbling of her voice.  I thought it may have been the same original actor (Charlotte Rae), but I found out that she passed away in 2018 at 92.

I had a friend whose aunt was Charlotte Rae.  Charlotte flew in her whole family to LA for her 80th birthday celebration.  My friend was so star struck.  The party was held in an LA hotel and super well known actors/actresses were all over the place.  At that time, she told me who she met at the party, but with my razor sharp memory, of course I forgot. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I have not been around. I have been in bed for the last two days with a horrible cold and cough. At first I was scared thinking I had Covid. I've taken two Covid tests and they were negative. So I think it's just an old fashioned cold. Probably due to my go-go-go living during the cruise and  since then. I have to remember my age. I will be in and out the next couple of days. We have a dinner party this weekend at our house and I need to be totally over this before I can have guests over. I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later. 

I hope you feel better soon.  Have some good old fashioned chicken noodle soup😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear this .I understand how you are all feeling.Prior to my daughter and family getting their puppy they had to say goodbye to their beloved 11 year old dog.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I have not been around. I have been in bed for the last two days with a horrible cold and cough. At first I was scared thinking I had Covid. I've taken two Covid tests and they were negative. So I think it's just an old fashioned cold. Probably due to my go-go-go living during the cruise and  since then. I have to remember my age. I will be in and out the next couple of days. We have a dinner party this weekend at our house and I need to be totally over this before I can have guests over. I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all later. 

I hope you will feel better very soon,Greg

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

I sat down after cleaning up the dishes after dinner and found a number of pages of posts to read through - again ! 

Some very different topics posted here tonight.

Marietta- I am sorry to hear the news about Bosley. How wonderful that he found a forever home with your son and family. He will never be forgotten by those that loved him.

On another note, speaking of older entertainers from our younger days, my DH and I saw Frankie Valli in West Palm Beach at the Kravitz Center a few years ago. He put on an excellent show.

We also saw The Hitmen- a band of former musicians for Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and also Neil Sedaka at a theater in Fort Pierce FL. Both were very entertaining shows. I didn’ t realize that Sedaka was formally trained at the Juilliard School of Music. I recall him and his songs being featured on American Bandstand. ( I guess I really am a Senior Citizen !!!).

Wishing all a good night !

MJ🙋🏻

I have posted this before but it bears repeating.My parents lived in the same apartment building as Neil Sedaka parents .They were in the apartment directly above the Sedaka’s.One Sunday in a summer both my parents and Neil’s had their windows open.On this day Neil came to visit his parents and began to sing .My father banged on the radiator and yelled out the window “tell your son to get a job.He has no future as a singer.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4