Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@grapau27

Lucky you , Graham !  I would love to be there . My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are enjoying their remaining ten days in London after spending four months there with students in a semester study abroad program .  This is their third time there with students . Their last days are filled with concerts , plays , museums and new restaurants to try.   When we spent our year in Munich , we especially liked the Christmas market .  York is beautifully decked out . Pauline looks lovely as well.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TravelGirlinDallas-

You are blessed to have such a thoughtful son !

At age 11, he gets what the Christmas spirit is about- something that some adults don’ t realize.

I also think  he is blessed with very good parents.

Enjoy your day !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely day in the lovely city of York this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20211209_115714.jpg

IMG_20211209_114729.jpg

IMG-20211209-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20211209_122130.jpg

Graham, you and Pauline make even the dreariest weather pictures so beautiful!

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It never ends.One of Toby’s friends died last night.Her husband had Alzheimer’s and died 5 years ago.She moved to Florida and got sick .

She was one of the nicest people I ever knew.

Last Sunday we went to a funeral and this Sunday will be another funeral.

Sorry to hear this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm Jewish and celebrate Chanukah.  However, as a young child I assumed Santa visits all good kids of which I was the "good-est".  I never discussed this with my parents but I was totally bummed NOT because we didn't celebrate Christmas but because we didn't have a chimney for Santa to slide down with all my presents.

In NY, we would invite our good friends who had a daughter the same age as ours, for a Chanukah celebration, playing the dreydel game, lighting candles on the menorah, eating potato latkes, and the kids exchanging gifts.  Then to their house to admire their Christmas decorations and exchange more gifts.  My daughter was allowed to pick a candy cane off of their tree!  Such good memories.  Both girls met when they were 2 and still keep in touch.  Wish the tradition would continue with their kids but alas, they can't seem to get together except for the book of Faces.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What is your age? I will be 62 in March, can't decide to collect now at 62 or wait longer. My wife said I should wait so payments will be higher later. I'm thinking collect asap because who knows what happens down the road.

I will turn 66 in March.  We share the same birthday month!  There isn’t a right time that fits everyone.  Everyone has different situations.  I held off so when I passed away Sharon will draw more.  I’m a spreadsheet guy so I have the future calculated with and without me here.  😂 I even have my taxes figured for 2022 paid 2023 figured out 😂.  I was blessed with a great pension and annuity etc so the decision was more about Sharon’s future more than current need. About the only real change for us now is we will draw less out of the 401k’s after SS starts.  If you don’t need it now and you don’t start right away and you die early, your not going to care once you are dead.  On the other hand pull it now and go on a couple more cruises.   

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Then he proceeds to tell me that he now knows that Santa is really the Christmas spirit in our hearts when we do nice things for other people. WHAT?!?! That is the speech I was supposed to tell HIM!

It is so nice to see our young ones maturing in such a great way.  It reminds me of what Caden said to me last year at 6 years old.  He said…. Gpa, God doesn’t expect us to be perfect, he just wants us to try our best.  That was a WHAT?!?! moment for me!

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you don’t need it now and you don’t start right away and you die early, your not going to care once you are dead.  On the other hand pull it now and go on a couple more cruises.   

I'm sure our pension systems greatly differ, but the principle for us was the same: at 67, DH could draw the moneys his various employers and himself has put "aside". He was given the choice between 10 years, 15 and 20. We both decided to take the 10 years (higher payments) and "run"... 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It never ends.One of Toby’s friends died last night.Her husband had Alzheimer’s and died 5 years ago.She moved to Florida and got sick .

She was one of the nicest people I ever knew.

Last Sunday we went to a funeral and this Sunday will be another funeral.

I'm so sorry Lenny.

Sending prayers and condolences to Toby's friends family.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

I love these Christmas stories.  

Last night, we watched our grandkids for a while.  My prediction, that the Elf house lego set would not last until next Christmas, came true.  Grandkids were busy putting it together.  I will have to get a picture when they finish. 

I should have known that would be the case, when the gingerbread house showed up at my door.  Now Susan says this one will be for next Christmas.  We will see how that goes. 

5C3AFDD4-5EEB-4CE1-8DA6-0F3674A26B7C.thumb.jpeg.5d90a6861997d4a8d1c6ebae57c85925.jpeg

I did find our 6 year old granddaughter’s list for Santa.  I see that she has inherited my penmanship. 

3B2327ED-1ED6-4C97-8EAF-EE4475BEFC87.thumb.jpeg.dd9b1a42d3530ca34dc9250fb018269d.jpeg

CE59F69F-5449-4E13-B889-449CC5A55D43.thumb.jpeg.bbb5ea65b78d9b99a61d3817b9f1e9e8.jpeg

C48CAEA0-95D1-47BE-AAE1-38283D56C9CF.thumb.jpeg.1bfb7eb5b069e3330c2fdd28ecfad05e.jpeg

Now I am curious why she asked Santa for $30 for mommy and $30 for daddy too.  It will be interesting to see how she arrived at that figure. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

When I asked Andrew if he wanted to go see Santa this year, he told me he thinks he is too old to sit in Santa's lap now (he's 11). I was a little bummed since we didn't get to do it last year, either, because Covid. Then he proceeds to tell me that he now knows that Santa is really the Christmas spirit in our hearts when we do nice things for other people. WHAT?!?! That is the speech I was supposed to tell HIM! How did he figure this out? He told me that last year some girls at school were talking about how Santa isn't real, but at that time he didn't want to believe it. Then over the last year, he accepted it. And he didn't tell us because he knew it would make us sad. 😭

My baby is growing up too fast!

I have a granddaughter who is a CPA. She earned her Masters and her CPA designation at the ripe old age of 20. 
She has a very analytical mind. 
BUT at age 11, she told my daughter she had a serious question to ask her. Lisa wasn’t prepared, but said “Go ahead”.

Hannah asked her “Is it true there’s no Santa Claus? Everybody’s laughing at me because they don’t think he’s real”.

Lisa sat for a minute, trying to control the giggles that threatened and finally asked Hannah if she really thought Santa could visit every single home in the world in one night, and leave gifts. 
Hannah thought for a minute, and said 

“Does that mean there’s no Easter Bunny, either?”

That’s when Lisa had to give it up and laugh her head off. 
This is an absolutely true story, and Hannah’s only comment when it comes up is “I prefer to think of myself as an innocent in a world full of cynics!”.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have a granddaughter who is a CPA. She earned her Masters and her CPA designation at the ripe old age of 20. 

That's very impressive, given the "ripe" age... Masters & CPA? I'm impressed since in Israel it's a 4 years study + sitting tight several months to prepare for the board. Or is it Masters & CPA the same degree?

13 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am also a CPA. 😁

👍 My [late] dad too, he was passionate for his "métier" [job].

• Like 4