Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well, looks like tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Bosley😢The last few days he has been going downhill.  My son is heartbroken as are the rest of us. He had eleven good years after they rescued him so at last there’s that.

Marietta, So very sorry to hear this. Please take comfort in knowing that you and your family gave Bosley eleven years of love and compassion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Coralc said:

I had the same dentist for 49 years. Since I was 12. He brought on a new younger dentist before he retired. I've seen him twice now, and I don't really like him. He just pops in and out during appointments, his hygienists do everything, and he always wants to do "extra" things that will cost additional money. I don't know what we are going to do. We plan to move to the other house eventually and will probably just tough it out until then. 

My husband had the same experience of having a good family dentist for almost 45+ years.  The old dentist sold his practice to a younger dentist.  After a few visits he complained of the same thing as you.  Wanting to do some crowns or trying to selling some extra  service.  I had been telling him to switch to my dentist of 20 years but you can't force a horse to drink water, lol.  Coincidentally, "my  dentist" was his former hygienist who worked for his former dentist.  When I needed a new one my DH suggested seeing her.  Then, right about the same time DH switched practices, the hygienist who worked with his old dentist also got tired of the up sells.  She came over and joined the practice too.      

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure he did hear them.  Believe💕

My husband always told our son, when he questioned whether Santa was real, "those who don't believe don't receive.  He would keep his mouth shut after that.

@DaniDanielleWhat a difficult decision it is to let them go.  My sympathy to your son and your entire family.  Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My newest prediction is that the winner of Season 41 will be Erica.

I hope not.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ricard just messed up a few people's plan.

I couldn't believe it when he won...

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interesting tribal and vote.

Yes..when DeShawn didn't shut up, I thought for sure he would've wound up being voted out.

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Definitely not the way I would have voted.

Nor I.  I'm disappointed to see him go.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Come to think of it, I think that was the year my son says her heard Santa and his sleigh on the roof. 😂

When the kids were small we said Santa wouldn't come if they were still awake. One year my husband rigged up a recording in the loft and when looking out the bedroom window before bed to see if they could see Santa, he hit the button and from above came.......

Ho ho ho, on dasher on dancer etc etc. and the jingle of bells.

My kids feet didn't touch the floor to get into bed ,  the youngest shouting, quick Matt, he's here !!!

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 11

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s nice. It will help towards another cruise!  😝   When I was first looking at estimates of SS the 5.9% was not built in.  It’s now in.  I elected to have Medicare withheld.  $170 per month.  I don’t remember what it was this year per month.

Me as well.  Having the Medicare premium taken out is just one less thing to worry about.  🙂

• Like 3

I love all the Christmas stories with your children.

Some very great Ideas I wished I could have known at the time.

But, I would like to share a few.

Well, things that happened around the holidays.

Some were great ideas for our DD, others well, were not.

When our DD was very young she would of course be at home cooped up when the weather changed for the cold with my mom.  Some days she was an angel, and other days she was an angel in disguise.

One day when I came home from work, my mom was at her wits end, she said Christina was non stop, busy, buys busy.  She would not listen.  Out of the clear blue and I did not know how I thought of it I told Christina....................."see those flashing lights (smoke detectors on ceiling through out our house), those are elf cameras and every time it flashes it takes a picture, and the elves send the bad kids pictures to Santa" Then he knows who is bad and they get coal.

We had a model citizen after that.

Then when she started in Pre-kindergarten, we got called in before the Christmas Pageant because DD kept singing their class song words wrong, and the Itailen nuns could not get her to change.

Instead of her singing  "Santa Claus is coming to town"........she was singing, "Santa Claus is coming two times"  We asked her why, and she said "to our house he comes twice, once on Christmas and then the day after"................. You see her birthday is December 26th.

Then one year, as she grew up and she had friends over for  a sleep over we heard her telling her friend, what ever She does not get for Christmas from her mom/dad, grandma would buy.  Uh, no.  Although she was not denied a celebration, we limited her gifts that year and decided to sponsor a family and share good times with them.  It was the best Christmas and by going to their house DD realized how good she had it.

And one of the saddest bad mom times was something I forgot.

The year my DH's uncle died.  The man that raised him after he lost his father when he was only 8 months old.

It was so sudden, and the loss really took a toll.

So on our way home from Christmas Eve services it was a warm 50 degree Ohio weather.  The grass was green and no snow anywhere.

Out of the back seat we hear this tearful little voice go

" I do not know how the reindeer are going to pull the sled, no snow, and I know he wont be coming to our house because I never got to see him and tell him what I wanted."

So now I go into guilt, bad mom mode.

We get home and I go did you make a list.

"I get the big sad eyes tearful.....nod"

I go let's go outside, we are not the first family to forget to see Santa and tell him our wishes.

I go to her "I remember hearing if you light your list on fire it will quickly go to Santa, and he will get it in time".

So we go outside light the list and the sad face was worrisome.

Came in and watched Rudolph the Red nose reindeer, put out her milk and cookies and sadly went to bed.

That night we had a snow storm.

Woke up to 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Found Christina in Bed, sleeping at 9am.

Opened her curtains, and said SNOW!!!!!!   IT SNOWED.

We go downstairs and she sees the gifts and her cookies for Santa gone, and she was so happy he got her list.  Happy camper.

Just wanted to share.

Be safe.

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely day in the lovely city of York this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20211209_115714.jpg

IMG_20211209_114729.jpg

IMG-20211209-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20211209_122130.jpg

It’s hard to believe it’s damp and cold anywhere when we’re stuck with 78-83F here in North Florida. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

When the kids were small we said Santa wouldn't come if they were still awake. One year my husband rigged up a recording in the loft and when looking out the bedroom window before bed to see if they could see Santa, he hit the button and from above came.......

Ho ho ho, on dasher on dancer etc etc. and the jingle of bells.

My kids feet didn't touch the floor to get into bed ,  the youngest shouting, quick Matt, he's here !!!

Love It!

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Opened her curtains, and said SNOW!!!!!!   IT SNOWED.

We go downstairs and she sees the gifts and her cookies for Santa gone, and she was so happy he got her list.  Happy camper.

A Christmas Miracle!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely day in the lovely city of York this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20211209_115714.jpg

IMG_20211209_114729.jpg

Lovely pictures, Graham.  England looks so beautiful....some day I'll see it in person!!

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady  I just got a call from SS.  I was surprised it was approved already.  First payment in March.  She gave me the option to start it in Nov and get the first check this month.  It was kind of funny talking to her.  It sound like she called to explain I didn’t have to wait.  I was trying to explain that I based my decision on the amount I will receive annually. She said, we only pay monthly not annually.  I told her I understand then she said but you won’t get that amount next year (9 months.). I tried to explain what annually meant, monthly payment x 12, but saw it was going over her head so I finally said that I was comfortable with getting my first payment in March.  😂   If I remember correctly the approval took only about two weeks. I think it went quickly since I have already been approved for Medicare. Thanks again for your input.  All went smooth…….. so far.

What is your age? I will be 62 in March, can't decide to collect now at 62 or wait longer. My wife said I should wait so payments will be higher later. I'm thinking collect asap because who knows what happens down the road.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

When I asked Andrew if he wanted to go see Santa this year, he told me he thinks he is too old to sit in Santa's lap now (he's 11). I was a little bummed since we didn't get to do it last year, either, because Covid. Then he proceeds to tell me that he now knows that Santa is really the Christmas spirit in our hearts when we do nice things for other people. WHAT?!?! That is the speech I was supposed to tell HIM! How did he figure this out? He told me that last year some girls at school were talking about how Santa isn't real, but at that time he didn't want to believe it. Then over the last year, he accepted it. And he didn't tell us because he knew it would make us sad. 😭

My baby is growing up too fast!

• Like 16