Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is a year old today!  How the time flies!

601762281_Samantha12.thumb.jpeg.21a423e6f25c9023d6efe5848bcc91a0.jpeg

Happy Birthday Samantha😻   hope you get all the catnip and snacks you want on your special day.  

Wow!  1 yr flew by, seems like you just brought home the beautiful fur baby😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need help.   This evening while sitting on our patio I had a citronella candle lit and Sparky jumped onto the table and I put my arm up to make sure his tail didn't get into the flame.  He flinched and I moved and ended up knocking candle onto patio.  Sparky is fine.

Now I have melted wax on my patio pavers.   I waited until hardened and scraped off wax with a spackle knife but I still have wax/oil residue splashes.

Any idea how to remove without harming our pavers?   If it makes a difference they are EP Henry pavers.

Edited by Sunshine3601

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD had a beautiful campsite by the beach last night - Kalaloch Campground near Forks.

4A60A445-520B-41FD-AE9F-01EB52B66D7B.thumb.jpeg.c2e348618c40b12423b3c125112342d2.jpeg

What a cool photo! Bald eagle on the beach! :classic_biggrin: @Jimbo would know, but I think they filmed the "Twilight" movies in Forks. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What a cool photo! Bald eagle on the beach! :classic_biggrin: @Jimbo would know, but I think they filmed the "Twilight" movies in Forks. 

The Beach scenes in "Twilight" where all filmed on Cannon Beach in Oregon.

Haystack Rock

Cannon Beach - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)

image.jpeg.c1289be4d09613df53adf1f6d47dc27c.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Beach scenes in "Twilight" where all filmed on Cannon Beach in Oregon.

Haystack Rock

Cannon Beach - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/e7bcea6b-7d86-4cc0-827e-ae06d430aa3a.JPG

I know you stayed there, but was the "Twilight" house from the movies in Forks? :classic_smile: It is like pulling teeth to form a proper question sometimes. :classic_biggrin: The eagle on the beach has nothing to do with the movie. It is just a wonderful photo. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I know you stayed there, but was the "Twilight" house from the movies in Forks? :classic_smile: It is like pulling teeth to form a proper question sometimes. :classic_biggrin: The eagle on the beach has nothing to do with the movie. It is just a wonderful photo. 

"The Gonnies"  Movie was filmed in Astoria, Oregon, also used from scences from that beach. Astoria is not far from the beach, we have been to both places.

Went there after a 12 night Pacific Coastal Cruise and  7 Night Alaska Cruise.......Rented a car and drove to Oregon from Vancouver, flew home to NJ from Portland.

We stayed at Bella's House 4 nights. House was in St.Helen's, Oregon

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28942373?source_impression_id=p3_1657251607_mJWmUUM72bmImgAv

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

"The Gonnies"  Movie was filmed in Astoria, Oregon, also used from scences from that beach. Astoria is not far from the beach, we have been to both places.

Went there after a 12 night Pacific Coastal Cruise and  7 Night Alaska Cruise.......Rented a car and drove to Oregon from Vancouver, flew home to NJ from Portland.

We stayed at Bella's House 4 nights. House was in St.Helen's, Oregon

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28942373?source_impression_id=p3_1657251607_mJWmUUM72bmImgAv

Thank You Both. LOL :classic_biggrin: I figured out what I was thinking of. My apologies for misremembering. :classic_smile: The characters lived there. I read all the time, and sometimes mix up books and posts. I knew I had read about Forks, before, but mixed it up with the book, movie, and sites:

Forks, Washington

Twilight. Bella, who first appears in Twilight, is a 17-year-old human girl who moves from her mother's home in Phoenix, Arizona, to live with her father, Charlie Swan, a police chief, in her birthplace of Forks, Washington.
Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I need help.   This evening while sitting on our patio I had a citronella candle lit and Sparky jumped onto the table and I put my arm up to make sure his tail didn't get into the flame.  He flinched and I moved and ended up knocking candle onto patio.  Sparky is fine.

Now I have melted wax on my patio pavers.   I waited until hardened and scraped off wax with a spackle knife but I still have wax/oil residue splashes.

Any idea how to remove without harming our pavers?   If it makes a difference they are EP Henry pavers.

How do you remove wax stains from brick?

From Brick: First of all, don't rub it in – that will only succeed in spreading it around. Instead, freeze the wax and then scrape it away with an old butter knife or similar tool. After scraping away all you can, you may need to go back with a little Goo Gone to remove the rest.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Twilight. Bella, who first appears in Twilight, is a 17-year-old human girl who moves from her mother's home in Phoenix, Arizona, to live with her father, Charlie Swan, a police chief, in her birthplace of Forks, Washington.

I don’t know nothin about Twilight however I did look it up on IMDB and if you scroll down to filming locations for any film it will give you that info.  The Phoenix locations were filmed in Santa Clarita , Ca where we lived for six years . SC is ~ 25 north of Los Angeles . Bella’s family home was located on Cataro Dr. ..  The NCIS filming studio is about 3 miles from our former home and some Zooey 101 scenes were filmed in the parking lot of my husband’s workplace.   

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great cruise. I love the Champagne Bar. Have a martini for me?

Thanks. We shall have one or a few to many. 😁🍸🍸🍸

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Mary. My recovery is not quite as expected... it is "undulating"... not a linear track to full recovery. Most of the days I have the feeling of a very light fever, and sometimes -- a headache in the "background"....

Sorry to hear that it’s still lingering.

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

DR has called and mom is out of surgery and in recovery. They said it went well and that I should head in tonight after shift change for a visit. I should see here around 7:30. 

That’s great to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

PT and OT appointments tomorrow.  I need to "learn" to shower and shampoo my hair!!!  

I'm a few pages behind so someone may have already suggested this, but get a shower chair. It really helped me, especially since my balance wasn't so great at first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I seem to be having trouble quoting, but about your son’s dog pulling… I’m not sure how you feel about this, but a training collar works. I’m in much the same position- I am looking after my son’s German Shepherd until Christmas. Thor does listen to and obey James, but I was having trouble going for walks with him. It doesn’t help that he weighs 100 lbs. James agreed to this.

So- the training collar,also known as a shock collar- he wears it, and very occasionally (like once on a 30 minute walk) I press the button, he shakes his neck, and we resume having a nice walk. It has made a huge difference. It’s not terribly powerful, the dog is not seizing or anything like that. 

I don’t like pressing the button, however, he’s much safer if he can be well behaved.

We actually went into Petsmart this week, and he was well behaved. 6 weeks ago, that seemed impossible. That reminds me, it’s time for walkkies!

Thanks for your help and advice. Normally my husband does the walking.  It's only one day a week when my son has to go into the office .

I'll look into these collars, I think my son had something similar but not sure if they still use it.  I'm hoping as he matures he'll get better. He's a golden retriever and apparently as adults they are very docile 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Sorry, I seem to miss posts atm and I didn’t even see the question in your post.  I see your question has been answered.  Obviously DD is aware of the Twilight connection even though she refused  to read the books  and she only watched the first movie because it was a shown at a party. Definitely not a fan but she knows enough to post #teamjacob when she posted a few photos from Forks.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on news that I follow on BBC.    When he was first voted in I thought he looked like a great choice.    Grant it he had many obstacles the last couple of years (as the world still has) but he did make far too many mistakes/lies (some big ones too!) that people can longer accept and look the other way.   

Quite interesting, all the politicians maneuvering for a shot at being PM. So in UK  we vote for a political party not a person. The PM is whoever is leader of the party that wins. 

Therefore this won't trigger a general election, there is a process for a leadership contest and in the meantime there will be a caretaker government in charge.  DH was in London yesterday and said lots of TV crews and journalists in College Green outside Parliament but Downing Street was very quiet 

IMG-20220707-WA0004.thumb.jpg.e8429cabfac7ee751c6abd53277c4fe1.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

DR has called and mom is out of surgery and in recovery. They said it went well and that I should head in tonight after shift change for a visit. I should see here around 7:30. 

Great news. 👍 fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.  

13 hours ago, NHProud said:

My husband just left for PT and only the 4th at the medical offices . This appointment was optional. His recovery was much easier than Greg’s . 

Good news about you husband recovering well. Its a big op

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for asking.  With Jack's help I was able to hop into bed.  I luxuriated hugging my down pillow and although my foot was in pain whenever I moved it (I know, I know, don't move it...) I was able to get a restful night sleep.  While I was in rehab, Jack packed up most of the kitchen and moved the boxes to our new apt.  I spent some time today going through my closet getting rid of stuff I know I won't be wearing again.  I sat and Jack pulled out clothes and I categorized them as "out" or "in". 

With Jack's help, I was able to make roast chicken for dinner, easy way.  Dumped a bottle of Sweet Honey BBQ sauce on some chicken, microwaved some potatoes and steamed some broccoli.  

PT and OT appointments tomorrow.  I need to "learn" to shower and shampoo my hair!!!  

Glad you are improving Bonnie,  it must be so nice to be at home after rehab. Good luck with the PT session

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD had a beautiful campsite by the beach last night - Kalaloch Campground near Forks.89383F00-92B6-4124-961A-B1968FDA2C7F.thumb.jpeg.e91d6756f96e7685a4b926dfa639a12b.jpeg

AF4DE98D-20E4-4634-AFC9-A8D233EC9544.thumb.png.d72b460967b64a1653564a1bbf1d92a4.png

4A60A445-520B-41FD-AE9F-01EB52B66D7B.thumb.jpeg.c2e348618c40b12423b3c125112342d2.jpeg

Beautiful pictures,  your DD has an eye for taking good photos.  Sounds like she is having a good time 

• Thanks 1