Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, MJSailors said:

So many people to respond to here-

Bonnie- So glad that you are home,getting ready to move to a new home. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself. Soon, your grandchildren will be bringing you hugs and happy times. I wish the best to you and your hubby with the move and hoping for good days for both of you.💐

Mimi- What a wonderful birthday celebration for you! I tell my friends,don’t count the candles,but be sure to celebrate ! You did it up great with your hubby and friends. Wishing you many happy days in the year ahead.🎉

Andrew and John and Lala- Wishing good outcomes for your loved ones’ surgeries tomorrow. Both Mom and Feliix’s Mom have good people to support them. Love and care contribute so much for a person’s recovery.🤗🤗

Dani- I see that you have been posting which ,to me,means that you are feeling better. I hope this is the case. 💐

Lenny- I get days mixed up too. On the 4th of July,I kept thinking it was Sunday. Maybe because it was a holiday. I mentioned it to my friend’s son’s girlfriend who is fifteen. She said she was thinking the same thing. When she said that,I didn’t feel quite so “old”!🙄

Graham- I was blessed to have parents who taught me so much by their loving and generous spirits. So many lessons learned by just watching them and how they lived their lives. I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s disease when I was twenty- seven. My Mom lived to age ninety-three. ❤️❤️

I also want to express my thoughts of the present Queen Elizabeth. She was so young when the responsibility to her country was placed upon her. She has been a strong woman and has experienced so much during her ninety-six years. She is a prime example of the Greatest Generation. Unfortunately, leaders today seem to lack the level of  her standard of responsibility and dedication to their offices.

@Luckynana and @mets07 I read your posts about Breezy Point. A dear friend,Madge Reilly would spend Summers their with her son and daughter for many years. Her maiden name was Sullivan,I think. Do either one of you recall Madge or her family?  It is a long shot, but sometimes,it is a small world.😉

Wishng all posting here,good days,good health,good travels,good celebrations,good times.

Take care everyone !!

MJ🙋🏻

+1

Yesterday, I had to do a little tree trimming before we could leave for our daily adventure.  This was from my neighbor’s yard. 

17E2E881-4FE9-4D7F-B001-77950ABB1A07.thumb.jpeg.9698186b7977e44c9789f6837db5573a.jpeg

Took the grandkids to learn about pigs yesterday.  Farmer Steve told everyone about raising pigs. 

7C9766E6-31C6-4F8F-A6FD-9784BB7F904A.thumb.jpeg.b20af14a402ac85b774a02abb4807430.jpeg

He told them these pigs were five months old, and the kids could name them.  Of course our crew gave them names like Bacon, and Pork Chop. (They might have had some help with name suggestions 😏)

05ACA5ED-84B6-475C-99B5-283CAA623032.thumb.jpeg.fce2add97a29651bedcb258c41eb10a8.jpeg

Granddaughter showed off her tractor driving skills

5991DD6F-FC8D-4401-A532-9EB3B0C8612D.thumb.jpeg.55baee3f7cf8183fe479ab52ec120e31.jpeg

And at the end, they had the wolf chasing the three pigs in a race. Three of these four belong to me, and the fourth is a friend of my Pennsylvania grandson. 

24965BC1-1D3C-4FFA-8D10-6BB844A50D02.thumb.jpeg.7552cccdcd9695ba72e3c5410a15b0f0.jpeg

• Like 19

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

Hoping you have a quieter day a day everything goes smoothly. It will be good to have the procedure completed.

Mary

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I found the Tower fascinating.

Yes, I did too. Intriguing and magical.

But the Crown jewels, I was expecting more opulance and wow. This was years  ago so I am not sure what it is now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I had to do a little tree trimming before we could leave for our daily adventure.  This was from my neighbor’s yard. 

17E2E881-4FE9-4D7F-B001-77950ABB1A07.thumb.jpeg.9698186b7977e44c9789f6837db5573a.jpeg

Took the grandkids to learn about pigs yesterday.  Farmer Steve told everyone about raising pigs. 

7C9766E6-31C6-4F8F-A6FD-9784BB7F904A.thumb.jpeg.b20af14a402ac85b774a02abb4807430.jpeg

He told them these pigs were five months old, and the kids could name them.  Of course our crew gave them names like Bacon, and Pork Chop. (They might have had some help with name suggestions 😏)

05ACA5ED-84B6-475C-99B5-283CAA623032.thumb.jpeg.fce2add97a29651bedcb258c41eb10a8.jpeg

Granddaughter showed off her tractor driving skills

5991DD6F-FC8D-4401-A532-9EB3B0C8612D.thumb.jpeg.55baee3f7cf8183fe479ab52ec120e31.jpeg

And at the end, they had the wolf chasing the three pigs in a race. Three of these four belong to me, and the fourth is a friend of my Pennsylvania grandson. 

24965BC1-1D3C-4FFA-8D10-6BB844A50D02.thumb.jpeg.7552cccdcd9695ba72e3c5410a15b0f0.jpeg

Looks like a fun day and some nice memories.  Nice tractor!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am the same way. Since my whole career was deadline oriented, I always was aware of what time something started and would back time when I needed to leave, drive time, setup and so forth. It drives me nuts when I say to my wonderful wife that we need to leave by a certain time only to have to wait on her to finish getting ready. I now how long it takes to shower, get ready and be dressed. it just takes back timing,  it's so simple.

Same with the airline industry,  always working to strict deadlines. So many times trying to do a tricky rebooking/fare calculation/reissue when the closeout of the flight is creeping closer and closer,  shouting to the supervisor to keep the flight open just a few more minutes .....

• Like 5

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

How lovely Happy Birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You should watch 'The Crown'

But please remember it is fiction (based on some facts) it's not a documentary or all true.

Who truly knows what goes on in the privacy of other peoples homes or what they are thinking even when they have a very public life 

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to watch everything I can on the first Elizabeth. She has really captured my interest. It was pretty awesome to see her tomb at Westminster Abbey.

Agree,  I love fictionalised books/audio books about that time, so much intrigue and skullduggery 

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I love all things Royal too.  Watched all the weddings you mentioned and cried during Di’s funeral coverage.  Enjoyed watching the Queen’s Jubilee footage recently.

Enjoyed seeing the The Royal Mews (horse carriages), the Crown Jewels at Tower of London and visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings, whilst in London a few years back.  Have you visited them?

We have a yearly pass to 'historic Royal  palaces' which includes Hampton Court, Kensington Palace and The Tower,  so have visited all this last year.  A few years ago we also visited Buckinghsm Palace and Gardens when it was open to the public. 

Haven't been to the Royal Mews yet though

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Where can I find this??  I would love to watch this.  I've always been fascinated  by the Royals.

Edited to say sorry, misread your question, too much skim reading 😄

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

Looking after my son and DILs crazy pup today . She's quite a handful. Normally Gary does most of the walks with her but he's meeting up with old work friends in London.  I told him to keep away from Downing Street/Westminster area with all that's going on up there at mo 

20220707_115631.thumb.jpg.66a9d90ebb9745ae3692b5ffe7754c2b.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, I did too. Intriguing and magical.

But the Crown jewels, I was expecting more opulance and wow. This was years  ago so I am not sure what it is now.

I would be extra late if I had to go there and pick out my jewels for a party, so many beautiful pieces😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We have a yearly pass to 'historic Royal  palaces' which includes Hampton Court, Kensington Palace and The Tower,  so have visited all this last year.  A few years ago we also visited Buckinghsm Palace and Gardens when it was open to the public. 

Haven't been to the Royal Mews yet though

We really enjoyed the Royal Mews.   Seeing the carriages up close and all the detail is amazing.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

But please remember it is fiction (based on some facts) it's not a documentary or all true.

Who truly knows what goes on in the privacy of other peoples homes or what they are thinking even when they have a very public life 

Pretty sure I said that

@A&L_Ont

Andrew, thinking of your mom

🤞 🙏

@MJSailors

Thank you, Mary. My recovery is not quite as expected... it is "undulating"... not a linear track to full recovery. Most of the days I have the feeling of a very light fever, and sometimes -- a headache in the "background"....

@sgmn

Sue, I see that Molly is keeping a safe "social distancing" from the pup...😉

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Unfortunately, just this one. I was going to add the 6 day onto it, but didn't. When I looked again the price was more than double. There are some good interline rates for next month so I'll book some of those. We will have a drink or two for you in the Champagne Bar. 🥂

Have a great cruise. I love the Champagne Bar. Have a martini for me!

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I had to remind myself that while watching. Often I thought, how would anybody know what the real conversation was behind closed doors?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@MJSailors

Thank you, Mary. My recovery is not quite as expected... it is "undulating"... not a linear track to full recovery. Most of the days I have the feeling of a very light fever, and sometimes -- a headache in the "background"....

Very sorry to hear this.  Take care please..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure I said that

Yeap,  I was answering your first post and managing others expectations. A lot of people who watch it think it all true its so well written, interweaving the story with true events .

I didn't watch it for some time because of this, but then got hooked. Its very interesting going back to the early days of our Queens reign and seeing all those important historic events.  The last series felt a bit raw and personal because its so recent.

Having said that I'm looking forward to the next (and last?) Series 

Note.. I didn't mean to imple that you or Laura thinks that it's real 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Andrew, thinking of your mom

🤞 🙏

@MJSailors

@sgmn

Sue, I see that Molly is keeping a safe "social distancing" from the pup...😉

Andrew,  I must of missed your mum being ill, I hope its not serious and her op goes well. 

Worrying for you and the family 

Dani, sorry to hear your still feeling rotten, I've heard that recovery can come and go. Hope you're back to your old self soon. 

Yes Molly has kept her distance all day. Back in the woods now for our second walk and will then drop her back home. Though she's only 10 months old she's bigger and stronger than molly and tends to push her around. 

I don't feel confident to let her off the lead and she's pulled me all round the woods. Think I may of pulled a shoulder muscle as its quite painful. 

It doesn't help that we've got builders in the house so I can only keep her in one small part of the house and garden and she keeps growling at the builders 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just the other night a TV show called Secrets of the Tower was playing on PBS.  I recorded on dvr since was bedtime.   Have you seen this show?  it was produced in 2013.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I saw that one or not but I tend to think I did.