Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, NHProud said:

So did my friend and her husband .  And , they flew home contagious most probably because they only showed symptoms two days , later .  People are getting more casual dealing with this bug .   

I hope , your granddaughter recovers quickly , Lenny. 

My husband just left for PT and only the 4th at the medical offices . This appointment was optional. His recovery was much easier than Greg’s . 

Thank you very much.I hope your friend and her husband recover quickly too.

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never been a fan of " reality dating shows" but will definitely check out this Fall.    

Me neither. I will only be interested in the ship, food and itineraries.

• Like 3

I’m at home waiting to hear from the surgeon.  I can follow mom’s procedure progress online and he will call my cell when he is finished.  She entered the OR at 2:50 and the procedure began at 3:06pm. 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

My husband just left for PT and only the 4th at the medical offices . This appointment was optional. His recovery was much easier than Greg’s . 

How great that your husband is doing so well after his knee surgery!😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

They had a wonderful cruise to celebrate their 25th.wedding anniversary.My daughter,her husband and other daughter cancelled their plans for this coming weekend.The party to celebrate the anniversary will be later this month.

Glad to hear they all had a wonderful time on their cruise.  I hope your granddaughter remains feeling okay since testing positive.

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

DR has called and mom is out of surgery and in recovery. They said it went well and that I should head in tonight after shift change for a visit. I should see here around 7:30. 

Excellent news, Andrew!  Thank you for the update on your Mom😊  So glad surgery went well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

DR has called and mom is out of surgery and in recovery. They said it went well and that I should head in tonight after shift change for a visit. I should see here around 7:30. 

Excellent news!    Happy to hear all went well.  I hope her recuperation/recovery goes well too!

@LuckynanaAs soon as I posted I saw you said basically the same thing 😁    Sorry I wasn't being a copycat.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Dani- I was sorry to read that the Covid symptoms are lingering. Rest,fluids and some time spent outside on your balcony should help your recovery. Good that your hubby has remained Covid free. It is a tricky virus.

Andrew- Good to hear that your Mom is out of surgery and that you can see her this evening. 

@mets07 Yes, my friend Madge was a true Irish lady. She was like another mother to me as she was a veteran teacher at the school where I had my first teaching job. She passed away at age 90 this past December. I miss her.

She loved going to Breezy Point every Summer and loved the beach.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent news!    Happy to hear all went well.  I hope her recuperation/recovery goes well too!

@LuckynanaAs soon as I posted I saw you said basically the same thing 😁    Sorry I wasn't being a copycat.

There's a saying that great minds think alike, Debbie!🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@mets07 Yes, my friend Madge was a true Irish lady. She was like another mother to me as she was a veteran teacher at the school where I had my first teaching job. She passed away at age 90 this past December. I miss her.

She loved going to Breezy Point every Summer and loved the beach.

Jim's Aunt Jane and Uncle Ed may have known your dear friend Madge.  They would've been around the same age.  Their last name was McQuillen.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great news Andrew that everything went great. When you see her tell her a bunch of us here wish her well for a speedy recovery.

• Like 9

Thank you,Luckynana- I am not sure of the names of Madge’s friends and neighbors at Breezy. I visited her family place a few times one Summer as I dated her son. That was over forty years ago. Some names escape me as my memory is not as sharp as it once was 🙄!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great!

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 75°F and sunny here today.

We had a lovely lunch.

IMG_20220707_122934.jpg

IMG_20220707_122949.jpg

Graham and Pauline,

Your lunch is always so good looking! The pictures make me SO hungry.

We are reading about the political situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How are you feeling today after being back home and hopefully able to sleep in your own bed?      Please do not overdue with packing, sorting, etc.  🥰

Thanks for asking.  With Jack's help I was able to hop into bed.  I luxuriated hugging my down pillow and although my foot was in pain whenever I moved it (I know, I know, don't move it...) I was able to get a restful night sleep.  While I was in rehab, Jack packed up most of the kitchen and moved the boxes to our new apt.  I spent some time today going through my closet getting rid of stuff I know I won't be wearing again.  I sat and Jack pulled out clothes and I categorized them as "out" or "in". 

With Jack's help, I was able to make roast chicken for dinner, easy way.  Dumped a bottle of Sweet Honey BBQ sauce on some chicken, microwaved some potatoes and steamed some broccoli.  

PT and OT appointments tomorrow.  I need to "learn" to shower and shampoo my hair!!!  

• Like 17