Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, little britain said:

I went to the beach on my British staycation. 
Yes we do have blue skies and glorious beaches here! 

9A4F5CE1-2BF0-4E2A-8E70-A860241E7FFF.jpeg

Where are you to get such a quite beach, especially in the school holidays. We have stopped going to South Coast as just too busy. We've recently had a week in Mevagissey Cornwall, visting my cousins and enjoyed some lovely coastal walks 

IMG_20200720_151708.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Where are you to get such a quite beach, especially in the school holidays. We have stopped going to South Coast as just too busy. We've recently had a week in Mevagissey Cornwall, visting my cousins and enjoyed some lovely coastal walks 

IMG_20200720_151708.jpg

About 70 miles south of Southampton! No C19 here! 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

She must be tired after "driving" to the vet...😍

She doesn’t mind riding in the truck.  She likes the arm rest, where she can see everything.

In the summer she sleeps most of the day and runs all night. 

48C625AA-16A7-4EDF-9896-C6418D4C69BE.thumb.jpeg.1f2bb9726a5a106910bbfb73116dfe13.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

I'm taking on a new project...replacing the workbench in the shop area of my basement.  I built a quick 6' X 3' bench from 2X4s and plywood more than 25 years ago.  You know...one of those temporary things that somehow becomes permanent.  I never became the kind of woodworker that I thought I would be many years ago.  My wife went on a house declutter kick recently and we filled half a truck from 1-800-GOT-JUNK, including many things that had accumulated over the years and were "stored" in the unfinished part of the basement (aka the shop).  With all of the newly found open space (and much more time in retirement), I'm excited again to turn the space into a working shop.  The new bench will be almost 12' long with an integrated miter saw and lots of drawers for storage.  I'm having as much fun designing it in Google Sketchup as I probably will have when actually building it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm taking on a new project...replacing the workbench in the shop area of my basement.  I built a quick 6' X 3' bench from 2X4s and plywood more than 25 years ago.  You know...one of those temporary things that somehow becomes permanent.  I never became the kind of woodworker that I thought I would be many years ago.  My wife went on a house declutter kick recently and we filled half a truck from 1-800-GOT-JUNK, including many things that had accumulated over the years and were "stored" in the unfinished part of the basement (aka the shop).  With all of the newly found open space (and much more time in retirement), I'm excited again to turn the space into a working shop.  The new bench will be almost 12' long with an integrated miter saw and lots of drawers for storage.  I'm having as much fun designing it in Google Sketchup as I probably will have when actually building it.

I thought you were moving south

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I thought you were moving south

We are, but unless the perfect house comes on the market, not for another year.  Getting bored already and looking for a project.  The trick will be not spending too much money on the workbench such that I get some use out of it before moving, and it hopefully helps sell the house with a nicer shop area.  Good practice also for a future garage workbench on Florida.  Don't think Florida has too many basement shops. 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

She doesn’t mind riding in the truck.  She likes the arm rest, where she can see everything.

I'm following a TV show about a vet -- Dr. Pol.

All the cats arrive at the clinic in a holding cage, and they look stressed and not so happy to be there...

And here's Lucy, without a seat belt and enjoying life to the fullest, including a visit to the vet, without a care in the world 😍

Great news. We got rain last night and this morning. 3” of it. 

BE99BACB-E9AF-45D0-BADD-CDD9FA6303DE.thumb.jpeg.d61be0733442da4366f73ccd54354314.jpeg

Going to take a couple hours to pump off the pool cover. 

DA685F0B-95D8-4A12-9EB3-D7173DD4F95B.thumb.jpeg.644f09efa0105675b97d8b4d363982d2.jpeg

Guess who slept through the thunder storms last night and didn’t even leave her throne. 

41128D1B-0BB5-4E8E-AA93-298168533FE3.thumb.jpeg.e7da77e7f5c6df5769208098154cf08a.jpeg

• Like 2