Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

In our province of Ontario we are allowed a “circle of 10”.  ... However we have now gone 6 days in a row with under 100 case a day, in a province of 14.5 million.  All while testing an average of 26,000 people a day. I’m sure the numbers will rise again at some point put it has been a long haul to get here.

That's what happened here -- beginning of May, we were down to 10 cases a day, in a country of 9 million. Average testing - ~10,000 per day. The "authorities" thought we've beaten it. I wrote to the "powers that be" re: our friend who bailed u when the limo failed to show. Hopefully it will help somehow. I'm at gmail, k o r e m a 1. Then, there was mounting pressure from all the small business which were closed during the whole country lock-down, and all was opened very quickly, including schools, who until then worked on capsules. Weddings with hundreds of people. Very quickly, the numbers started to raise, and now we're, sadly, averaging 2000 cases per day....

The "authorities" are considering another country wide lock-down for the last 2 weeks of August....😢

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Kavod as you probably know is also an organization created to aid Holocaust survivors .

I'm ashamed to confess that I didn't know. I had to google this, as well as the Thin Blue Line.

Blessed be the work of "Kavod" as they are aiding the daily diminishing Holocaust survivors, especially now, with Covid-19 hitting those elderly very hard.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm ashamed to confess that I didn't know. I had to google this, as well as the Thin Blue Line.

Blessed be the work of "Kavod" as they are aiding the daily diminishing Holocaust survivors, especially now, with Covid-19 hitting those elderly very hard.

My mother had a sister who died in Auschwitz and my father had a brother who died in Bergen-Belsen.My wife and I know some survivors and or families .We go to Yom HaShoah to hear the stories of survivors.We have met with several who have written books about their famalies.Kavod is a wonderful organization.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We are at a  resort in the Catskills.  Eating inside a restaurant for the first time in five months😷They have been great about sanitizing everything, cleanest mini golf clubs ever!  Masks have to be worn indoors, social distancing by the pool, although it is not too crowded here.  Grandkids are having a great time and I am happy I don’t have to cook.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are at a  resort in the Catskills.  Eating inside a restaurant for the first time in five months😷They have been great about sanitizing everything, cleanest mini golf clubs ever!  Masks have to be worn indoors, social distancing by the pool, although it is not too crowded here.  Grandkids are having a great time and I am happy I don’t have to cook.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Beautiful day, and the birthday parties were a success. Burgers, sweet corn, ceaser salad and ice cream cake. The day started with rain and thunderstorms but cleared at noon to be amazing. The pool was 89 and the air was about the same. I’m ready for bed. 

• Like 6

Still working on my BGE skills.

Moving on to 3 pound Tomahawk rib eyes on Friday.

Biggest I've done in the past is 2 pounders.

Screenshot_20200812-230658_Facebook.jpg.9301f77cd2f8d6f3404e3f5021eccd0f.jpg

These things are like half a standing rib roast 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

Took a day trip on Tuesday to Ohio's Hocking Hills State Park.  We've lived in Cincinnati almost 28 years and although it's only about 2 hours away, we'd never been. Really good hiking through some amazing gorges with waterfalls and caves.  There wasn't much water flowing over the falls at this time of the year but it was still very beautiful.  According to my Apple Watch, we did 4 hikes covering 6 miles and climbed the equivalent of 46 flights of stairs!  Hard to believe it's part of Ohio. 😄

Pictures from my iPhone.  Should have brought my SLR.

APC_1102.thumb.jpg.c147fce504aa2b47bfaa019f0a3ed40b.jpg

APC_1106.thumb.jpg.40fdac294637788ec5dad429c56c1a77.jpg

APC_1115.thumb.jpg.152d07e9ab63d7e4f0c4699ffe9589a4.jpg

APC_1120.thumb.jpg.7c168d9c35f27fbe2a93412f692d92ab.jpg

APC_1132.thumb.jpg.a2e3df9a6f6b7ff22fe726f22bb7e801.jpg

APC_1177.thumb.jpg.1fd22ad38e13817185f040f674d3fd3f.jpg

APC_1198.thumb.jpg.dacbd7dd85eb5e4cc53233030d20d714.jpg

APC_1227.thumb.jpg.710672e5fe684e05389a17c8e8104d7f.jpg

APC_1269.thumb.jpg.5e767074ff7c1e4b754d1de0f460b4b9.jpg

APC_1289.thumb.jpg.dfd412163d02c2ca13becb9f15cce040.jpg

IMG_6235.thumb.jpg.b11c502017596d6d95d4d2044675f833.jpg

IMG_6236.thumb.jpg.e033506d9f3307c13bcbe7d35ddc6a45.jpg

APC_1247.thumb.jpg.14aaad7b1ab7a531326cb83b883178b7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Milwaukee Eight

I bet the steaks were better made directly on the grill....

Is the "boss" a neurologist?😁

You are correct. I got orders from the boss to cook all future steaks solely on the BGE. 

Yes she is. Very busy lady especially today. She had 17 hospital consults before she left at 6AM. 

M8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I imagine a nice cruise will be more than a welcome respite .... 6AM is an ungodly hour😀

Yes it is. We love to just chill out on a cruise. 

We spent 15 days in Isarel January/February 2019 on a tour with the Synagogue here. It was awesome.  We were going back this  February but was cancelled. Look forward to going back. She was born there. Her parents migrated from Romania to Israel then to NJ. 

M8