Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How did you figure that out?

There was a medical journal near the steaks.... Practical Neurology.... didn't seem related to M8's bikes😁....

I've just finished my work for today, preparing a medical article for submitting to another journal - Fertility & Sterility.

I work with very busy MDs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Was it your 1st visit to Israel? Does she speak Hebrew?

It was my first visit. She doesn’t get too much of a chance to speak it around me, but she understands and spoke to her Dad in Hebrew, Romanian, and Hungarian. She understands French, Italian, and Spanish. She is great to travel with 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

There was a medical journal near the steaks.... Practical Neurology.... didn't seem related to M8's bikes😁....

I've just finished my work for today, preparing a medical article for submitting to another journal - Fertility & Sterility.

I work with very busy MDs.

Great catch. Generally it’s a Bud Light or the Dog that sneaks in my pictures. 

Israel has some wonderful Medical, Scientific, Engineering, and Agriculture research. 

The US would be far better off if we required at least two years service as does Israel. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I like to see how are the houses in other countries, paying attention to small details... like the marble top.

I think John's top is the same marble...😁

I’m sure he copied ours. Lol. 😇

House size in Israel is a premium for sure. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

she understands and spoke to her Dad in Hebrew, Romanian, and Hungarian

So she is actually from Transilvania... Most of our friends are from Cluj/Timisoara -- they spoke Hungarian at home, and Romanian "outside". They are more religious and traditional than me -- I'm from Bucharest...

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So she is actually from Transilvania... Most of our friends are from Cluj/Timisoara -- they spoke Hungarian at home, and Romanian "outside". They are more religious and traditional than me -- I'm from Bucharest...

Yes. Her parents are from Transylvania. We were scheduled to visit Romania in April/May but that trip was cancelled. We were taking a river cruise. It’s on our bucket list.  Some in her family are still traditionalist. It’s hard with her busy schedule. I was raised Baptist. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The girls are doing two years. I did...

The boys - 3 years, and our eldest was an officer, so 4 years....

But not everyone is doing its share, sadly.

Some of my photos from the Holy Land regarding IDF. Btw, the boss has just about every legal firearm made by IWI and in Israel. 

Love ladies with guns. 

D8E8158D-5679-413B-A1D5-B4B961D15ACC.jpeg

5AE2EFEF-1FF9-4C0B-A89A-72D1D5A0DBB5.jpeg

E469B55D-06E4-484C-8FA8-F0D175211E3D.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Must be a popular style of granite.  We have it on our kitchen countertops.  Called Santa Cecilia.

APC_1303.thumb.jpg.1fd06f491ac63d45ae9d802c112d8003.jpg

St Cecilia used to be in our condo on the lower section, with Uba Tuba on the bar top. Probably the two most common colurs of granite.

During remodel, we switched the St Cecilia for quartz, and the new place is also quartz 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

well, my day has been anything but routine! 

Some of you know from reading my reports that Nate owns a fence company. His contracts can take him anywhere within a 3 hour radius at times. Today he was an hour away.

I was also at work (executive assistant at a hospital) today.

9am this morning I get a call from Nate starting with “don’t freak out but”...insert must freak out here....”I need you to come down here to the ER. There’s been an accident and my arm is hurt”.

I immediately leave work, drive the hour to the ER he’s at (of course it’s through a dead zone with no cell service). During the drive all kinds of panic was setting in and worst case scenarios.

I made it and won’t describe the scenario I walked in on. The auger had blown, a metal piece flew off (full blast) and sliced his arm open to the bone. I can only thank God that it was his arm and not something else. The doctor said it was amazing it didn’t get his hand or fingers or an artery or face. O M G

A couple of hours, xrays, several sutures, and a few tears later, we’re just really thankful. We thought his arm was at least broken, but it’s not.

Wow. That had to hurt. So thankful it wasn’t worse. 

44 minutes ago, singinalot said:

A5CE521E-D0C6-4D44-BC4C-82CCE83458DA.jpeg

588F5BAC-04DE-40EA-BCB8-07750D33978C.jpeg

Photos quoted for effect.  That’s crazy. It looks as though the pull start housing or some sort of housing on the top came off when the fan covering flew off.

You are so correct; it could have been way worse, even though it really was not a good situation. Tell Nate I’m sorry it happened and I hope he feels as good as possible. 

• Like 1

We have a donut shop up here in Canada called Tim Hortons. Some of you in the states will be familiar with it. For those who are not, the American comparable would be Dunkin Donuts. 

They have private run community camps across Canada and at least one or maybe two in the states. They are for underprivileged kids and every year, except for this year, the children get sent to one, on the opposite side of the country. They have one day where all the proceeds from coffee sales goes towards running the camps. 

Wednesday was Camp Day.  I was on the road from our home base to some land we own 30 kilometres away, or 1.5 hours one way by tractor. Since there is a Hortons on every corner up here😉 I had to stop in and help the cause. 

A085B36D-3A87-437E-947B-1118C23C2EA6.thumb.jpeg.d754ff709590c305a9e855f887a93999.jpeg

Here’s a short video, from a few years ago, that explains it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

yes! definitely thankful. The cut was nastyyyyy!

I will! Thank you! I know nothing about equipment but I do know I now hate that piece of machinery!

ps I like Timmy Ho’s way more than our Dunkin’ donuts. 

Not a fan of DD either, much prefer local donut shops 

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

Some of you know from reading my reports that Nate owns a fence company. His contracts can take him anywhere within a 3 hour radius at times. Today he was an hour away.

9am this morning I get a call from Nate starting with “don’t freak out but”...insert must freak out here....”I need you to come down here to the ER. There’s been an accident and my arm is hurt”.

I immediately leave work, drive the hour to the ER he’s at (of course it’s through a dead zone with no cell service). During the drive all kinds of panic was setting in and worst case scenarios.

I made it and won’t describe the scenario I walked in on. The auger had blown, a metal piece flew off (full blast) and sliced his arm open to the bone. I can only thank God that it was his arm and not something else. The doctor said it was amazing it didn’t get his hand or fingers or an artery or face. O M G

A couple of hours, xrays, several sutures, and a few tears later, we’re just really thankful. We thought his arm was at least broken, but it’s not.

Oh wow. I hope everything heals fast!

My husband is a maintenance mechanic. He's had soooo many things happen. I don't even freak out now when he calls and says he needs a ride to the ER.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

just confirmed the whole top blew off like you thought. 

With where they stand to run that type of auger, your hubby is very lucky that the flying debris did not do anything more serious. Someone was watching over him yesterday. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have a donut shop up here in Canada called Tim Hortons. Some of you in the states will be familiar with it. For those who are not, the American comparable would be Dunkin Donuts. 

Sacrilege comparing the 2.  Saw a Timmy's in Chillicothe, OH the other day and had to stop.

19 hours ago, singinalot said:

A5CE521E-D0C6-4D44-BC4C-82CCE83458DA.jpeg

588F5BAC-04DE-40EA-BCB8-07750D33978C.jpeg

Omg that sounds dreadful.  Thank god it wasnt worse than it is.  Sounds very painful.  Wish him a speedy recovery.