Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rough surf on the beach today

20200824_130648.thumb.jpg.fe99cb8ae9adda0564673f9a28230660.jpg

20200824_130701.thumb.jpg.b95974e933f743b75e771a7a47e0d062.jpg

I’d take that view right about now.  Just got home after spending 2 1/2 hours having a root canal done.  I’ve had them done before but this was by far the worst...5 separate canals that had to be drilled, cleaned out and filled.  At least now I’ll be able to stop taking the Tylenol 3’s every 2 hours like I’ve been doing since last Thursday.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’d take that view right about now.  Just got home after spending 2 1/2 hours having a root canal done.  I’ve had them done before but this was by far the worst...5 separate canals that had to be drilled, cleaned out and filled.  At least now I’ll be able to stop taking the Tylenol 3’s every 2 hours like I’ve been doing since last Thursday.

Hopefully you will be feeling better sooner that later. That sounds insane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully you will be feeling better sooner that later. That sounds insane. 

Thanks.

the worst was I called Thursday And they got me an appointment at a different office on Friday at 1:00.  When I got there they did the temp check and 50 questions and everything was fine until I volunteered that I woke up with a slight fever 100.1 that morning because of the infection.....adios Mr, sorry can’t see you.  Here’s a prescription for more Tylenol 3 and an antibiotic, well call you Monday. 

I get the whole err on the side of caution thing but everything is so rigid, answer yes to anything and that’s it...game over, come back in a few days.

At least the antibiotic started to help by Sunday....thank goodness for insurance, todays bill just over $1500

• Like 3

A seaplane recently flipped over in the waters off of PortMiami.  Pilot, passenger and dog were rescued and are okay (see boats and jet skis going to the scene of accident as soon as it happened).  What's interesting to note is there is not one cruise ship docked at the port -- not the case until a few weeks ago.  Where have all the ships gone? 

• Like 1

My BIL texted me last night, asking if he could visit and stay for a couple of days. He is single, lives alone, and out of work, and says he needs to get out! DH wouldn't respond and said, "well, he texted you, so tell him no." Pissed me off since he is his brother, not mine, and I'd have no problem saying that to my sibling but am not comfortable saying it to his. Anyway, slept on it, and texted BIL this morning, saying that his brother (DH) thinks it's best to continue to follow CDC guidelines through April, and how much I also hated this whole fiasco! After that, I sent another text saying that the outside temps are supposed to be around 65 degrees and sunny Friday and Saturday, and invited him to visit us outside on our open deck while applying social distancing. He has yet to respond to my texts. Probably upset. At least, we are giving him the option to get out of his house for a few hours, get some fresh air, gaze at the lake, and have a social visit with us. Told him we would order pizza for lunch! Last year, he underwent 9-bypass heart surgery and I am more worried about his health vs ours. So am I awful for not allowing him to stay with us for a couple of days?

No,but your husband is !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just got home after spending 2 1/2 hours having a root canal done.  I’ve had them done before but this was by far the worst...

Ken,

I "liked" your post, but in this "context" is the opposite... There really should be a "sad" button, as there is a "laugh" one.

Same as in the case of @singinalot and her DH's accident -- u read, u react, but it's the "wrong" one.

Let's agree that the "like" should be interpreted in the "context", for lack of other options....

• Like 4

At Niagara Falls New York. Looking To see if I can see our Canadian cruise critic friends Andrew and Lisa.  They must be out of range.  Hi guys. Original plans were for visiting Clifton Hill and museums on Canadian side because border was to open August 21. It did not.  Enjoyed day on New York side seeing sights I never took the time to see.  

D50AFD8A-9055-40A0-AF5B-080F447F1112.jpeg

57C5B592-3BEE-4D8D-82D0-A1E75DA29CB0.jpeg

• Like 2

Today where I live:  The cotton and peanuts across the street look large and healthy.  The horses next door are feeling happy and frisky.  The school bus came by and picked up the neighbor's children.  My husband is at a large tractor show in Indiana.  I am going to meet up with my knitting group today.  This is a good normal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woke up to my DH SUV tire losing air pressure. Head to NTB where we just purchased tires about 3 months ago. Turns out he has a nail in his tire. Where the nail is located they recommend a new tire because patching it could lead to a blow out. We thought we purchased the "full coverage" warranty. But guess what? The warranty they sold us does not include tire replacement. AAARRGGHH!!  Hot mad and I knew we should have gone to Discount Tires, where they don't use trickery in their tire warranties.  We were trying to support local businesses in our suburban city. I could have swore what we purchased covered everything because they were running a big special. Oh well. $214 later we're sitting at home eating Chic Fil A because we're both irritated with this unexpected expense this morning and to mad to cook breakfast. LOL!

• Like 1

Went food shopping and popped into work on my day off to answer some emails.....also been looking at a two week Carribbean cruise for my mum's 70th. Granted a few years off, will be for ages 11-70 with plenty of grandkids. Slightly annoyed that RCL do little in the way of 14 day cruises for those of us in the UK. Would mean back to back cruises with semi repeating stops, which with flights is soo much more expensive then P&O.......

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Today where I live:  The cotton and peanuts across the street look large and healthy.  The horses next door are feeling happy and frisky.  The school bus came by and picked up the neighbor's children.  My husband is at a large tractor show in Indiana.  I am going to meet up with my knitting group today.  This is a good normal!

I’d love to see pictures of the peanut and cottons plants if possible. Tractor show photos would be good too.🙂