Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

95 here yesterday and today it’s snowing 🤷‍♀️. It definitely makes me want to break out the Christmas decorations.

The smoke from the fires here has gotten really bad, so I’m taking this snow as a good thing.

We’re actually looking at booking an MSC mediterranean cruise for 2022. Crazy, I know, given current times, but unbelievable price. 🤷‍♀️

My weekly visit to SAMS now in full Christmas

7477DA32-398A-449B-8097-56D60EA2BBEE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have just got around to reading a few replies on this thread but never replied personally until just now.  I too had a few things that I've been able to do with time off and the extra money from not cruising LOL...  

Rebuild an old bicycle I've had for years. This is a 1965 Mattel Vroom Bronco. I'll end up give it to my Grandson in a few years. 

and then there's my fondness for a long time project... a 1953 Dodge 241 Red Ram Hemi. Finally it's completely rebuilt and it's ready to install into a 1947 Dodge Pick Up... which is NOT ready yet LOL... that's the next big project. 

But pre-Covid these two things were only waiting to happen... during Covid, they did happen. 

Comparison.jpg

241oldnew.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

These look yummy.

Tough competition for Colts.😉

Colts is hit and miss. However, they make great Brunswick Stew. Some of the best I have had. Also, come October, when it cools down, they make Brisket Chili, which is very good as well. 

I smoked these with Mesquite. Last time was Apple. The boss said the Apple has too much bite. 

Notice, no BBQ Sauce used or required. Cooking with BBQ Sauce is not BBQ. It’s meat with BBQ Sauce. Some may use a little on the side but NEVER on the meat while cooking. 

M8

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have just got around to reading a few replies on this thread but never replied personally until just now.  I too had a few things that I've been able to do with time off and the extra money from not cruising LOL...  

Rebuild an old bicycle I've had for years. This is a 1965 Mattel Vroom Bronco. I'll end up give it to my Grandson in a few years. 

and then there's my fondness for a long time project... a 1953 Dodge 241 Red Ram Hemi. Finally it's completely rebuilt and it's ready to install into a 1947 Dodge Pick Up... which is NOT ready yet LOL... that's the next big project. 

But pre-Covid these two things were only waiting to happen... during Covid, they did happen. 

241oldnew.jpg

photo quoted for effect. 

Keep us posting pictures as the project continues on, for at least me LOL.  This will distract me from no cruises.

• Like 2

Something new followed me home today. Literally. LOL. Much to Lisa’s dismay it just might drag home a few more projects as well. 😇 I already have a home for the current trailer. 

@Goodtime Cruizin maybe you need another project dragged home as well?

B4C0460E-9249-44A8-B71B-8784ADFC47BA.thumb.jpeg.69b657be05252ce11fdecd9327d1fe4c.jpeg

C70A5FE2-94D3-4E28-9A70-84631C6C04AB.thumb.jpeg.b84caf54d3a2f13ddd5418797969717e.jpeg

What’s in the box... 8K winch. 

988C808B-09E4-46E8-980B-E599BDE755B8.thumb.jpeg.f94373ced92fa960cdab8b922d54f891.jpeg

A04CC0F5-E4FF-4BBC-AA08-CE74AE6E68FD.thumb.jpeg.e5e970bb8255ace485bd405a6bb933ac.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, singinalot said:

probably jumped the gun, but purchased flights for us today to an AI in Antigua in February with 2 of our friends (most recently on the Allure cruise report with us) 

None of us have been to Antigua before. Gahhhh I hope all these restrictions are over long before Feb. 🙏🏻

We have Sandals booked there for late

January. 🤞 been there before and it is a beautiful island. 

How’s Nate doing? Hopefully even better than the last update. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Something new followed me home today. Literally. LOL. Much to Lisa’s dismay it just might drag home a few more projects as well. 😇 I already have a home for the current trailer. 

@Goodtime Cruizin maybe you need another project dragged home as well?

B4C0460E-9249-44A8-B71B-8784ADFC47BA.thumb.jpeg.69b657be05252ce11fdecd9327d1fe4c.jpeg

C70A5FE2-94D3-4E28-9A70-84631C6C04AB.thumb.jpeg.b84caf54d3a2f13ddd5418797969717e.jpeg

What’s in the box... 8K winch. 

988C808B-09E4-46E8-980B-E599BDE755B8.thumb.jpeg.f94373ced92fa960cdab8b922d54f891.jpeg

A04CC0F5-E4FF-4BBC-AA08-CE74AE6E68FD.thumb.jpeg.e5e970bb8255ace485bd405a6bb933ac.jpeg

Nice! No way I buy one of those. I'd be to tempted to load it up w/goodies! 😉 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

probably jumped the gun, but purchased flights for us today to an AI in Antigua in February with 2 of our friends (most recently on the Allure cruise report with us) 

None of us have been to Antigua before. Gahhhh I hope all these restrictions are over long before Feb. 🙏🏻

https://www.royaltonresorts.com/royalton-antigua

Oh you will absolutely love the Royalton in Antigua.  We were there before they bought it and loved the location but everything was run down.  Then we went back when it became the Royalton.    New owners completely redid everything with high end finishes  impeccable service. Beautiful beach.  Everyone goes above and beyond.    Did you book an oceanview room?  Their overwater bungalows are gorgeous but expensive. 

About 2 weeks ago I was pricing up a trip to go back but didn't book yet.  

You will love it!!!

Definitely practice with the drone before you go.  They are fairly easy fly, especially with the intelligent flight modes.  They aren't fully intuitive (at least for me) so when you need to react on instinct, you needs those hours of practice.  I accidentally flew into a patio chair because I didn't react properly.  Fortunately, I only damaged a couple of the props.

• Like 1