Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Of course 😁.

And today, A Happy and Healthier New Jewish Year 🌺

We're starting a 2nd lock down today, for all the period of Jewish Holidays (3 weeks, at least....)

Sorry about the lockdown but let the Healthier New Year begin today!

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 5:13 PM, sgmn said:

Same in UK. Soon as lockdown lifted its been almost impossible to book cottages or river boat holidays  as most people booked UK holidays instead of foreign trips. Getting a little easier now for hotels, but self catering places still fully booked

Have a nice fully equipped motor home (AKA "land yacht" 😉 )....and can't find any parks that are not booked up already to be able to use it.  😞 

Thus...have instead opted for "road trip" in my little SUV.  Leaving in about an hour for the beautiful beaches of the Florida Panhandle...thankfully after Sally has come and gone!  Three weeks, three different beach condo rentals for each week...which I had no problem booking (go figure).  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear about lockdown Dani, Is it confined to house or do you have permitted exercise time. We are, heading that way in UK 😒

We can go "outside" -- 1 km from the house (it was 500 meter at the beginning, 100 meter the 1st lockdown). No limit in individual exercise, but you can't use the car... Same with seaside -- u can walk/swim alone. For us the sea is too far to walk. My son can surf, luckily he has a bicycle.

Public work is restricted to 30-50% of the workforce. Private companies -- no restrictions.

Hotels, rooms for rent, gyms, pools, hairdressers, nail saloons, restaurants (deliveries only) - closed. Moms & Pops small eateries are doomed, they can't afford deliveries. I can't swim in our open air Olympic pool, but if I wanted to go to a ritual bath, which is in a closed confined space - I can....

Lots of the above restrictions are not making sense, and the people are not as complying as in the 1st lockdown.

Then the feeling was as during the Blitz - we're all in this together, like Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother said: "The children won't go without me. I won't leave the King. And the King will never leave." Turns out that the President, the PM, ministers and congressmen, all spent the equivalent of your Christmas Eve with their families, whereas "we" were relegated to be alone and far from our dearest...

I'm not overly optimistic that this time we'll manage to "flatten the curve"....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We can go "outside" -- 1 km from the house (it was 500 meter at the beginning, 100 meter the 1st lockdown). No limit in individual exercise, but you can't use the car... Same with seaside -- u can walk/swim alone. For us the sea is too far to walk. My son can surf, luckily he has a bicycle.

Public work is restricted to 30-50% of the workforce. Private companies -- no restrictions.

Hotels, rooms for rent, gyms, pools, hairdressers, nail saloons, restaurants (deliveries only) - closed. Moms & Pops small eateries are doomed, they can't afford deliveries. I can't swim in our open air Olympic pool, but if I wanted to go to a ritual bath, which is in a closed confined space - I can....

Lots of the above restrictions are not making sense, and the people are not as complying as in the 1st lockdown.

Then the feeling was as during the Blitz - we're all in this together, like Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother said: "The children won't go without me. I won't leave the King. And the King will never leave." Turns out that the President, the PM, ministers and congressmen, all spent the equivalent of your Christmas Eve with their families, whereas "we" were relegated to be alone and far from our dearest...

I'm not overly optimistic that this time we'll manage to "flatten the curve"....

We were in Isarel for 15 days, February 2019. We are friends on Facebook with one of our young tour guides. We follow him and he posts pictures and videos of the mostly young people (I say early 20’s) protesting against the PM. We seldom see them with masks on nor social distancing. 

M8

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We follow him and he posts pictures and videos of the mostly young people (I say early 20’s) protesting against the PM. We seldom see them with masks on nor social distancing. 

My friends and I are also protesting, but on bridges. We're all pushing 70 and more.

Nevertheless, according to the police and the Ministry of Health, not even one person contacted Covid-19 during the protests in open air....

OTOH, many contacted Covid-19 during mass weddings in Arab or in mostly religious cities.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DH decided that, even if there are only the two of us for the festive dinner tonight, at least one "element" should be present -- stuffed fish...😁

gefilte fish.JPG

Happy New Year!  It's just my husband and me so I have a brisket that's been cooking all day.  Your dinner looks delicious!

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, dani negreanu said:

My DH decided that, even if there are only the two of us for the festive dinner tonight, at least one "element" should be present -- stuffed fish...😁

gefilte fish.JPG

Enjoy your celebrations.  I have never had it but it looks good.  Iam definitely going to try it.  Is it potatoes and hard boiled egg with fish balls and carrots?  

18 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Is it potatoes and hard boiled egg with fish balls and carrots?  

Thanks.

Yes, and onions and condiments according to your taste.

We're using carp, since pike is not available here. The fish should be grounded twice.

According to DH, the spine and the head are very important, since they provide the gelatin.

Enjoy !

Went out for a rip in a summer car and picked up the last of the sweet corn. The hut shuts tomorrow.  Also whipped past the mall and picked this up on the way home. 

Owen texted to when we were getting home as he had a bowl waiting on the counter.  LOL, it might not have all made it home. 

67162648-2A6A-4488-990A-73543EDBD93F.thumb.jpeg.db17f0798a6cbde5187de8a7bad7d14b.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 7:03 PM, A&L_Ont said:

A quick YouTube search makes me wonder if it is possible. 🤔 I would not want to clean the windshield after, or the imagine the blockage of air through the rad after driving through this. 🤮

Or even worse riding a motorcycle. 🤬

Edited by davekathy

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

woke up to awful news this morning, but went to my already scheduled hair appointment and left feeling refreshed T least.

While I was getting my hair done Nate got a call that the couch was in. Turns out it was only half the couch 🤣

Having dinner with my mom tonight who moved to Denver this week from Sacramento. Celebrating Jewish new year (Nates heritage) and her move. 

The leaves here are starting to change and it’s beautiful. Hoping to get out on a hike tomorrow and get some drone footage.

1909D3AA-3537-4D37-812D-540254A4B60E.jpeg

That's a very small couch. :classic_biggrin: And it doesn't look very comfortable. :classic_biggrin: Hopefully the other parts arrive soon. 

And RBG was such an icon and a fighter. It is very sad. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I are also protesting, but on bridges. We're all pushing 70 and more.

Nevertheless, according to the police and the Ministry of Health, not even one person contacted Covid-19 during the protests in open air....

OTOH, many contacted Covid-19 during mass weddings in Arab or in mostly religious cities.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Question...you mention you cannot use car in one of your above posts.  In your lockdown are you allowed to drive to food store or will they deliver to your home?

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Question...you mention you cannot use car in one of your above posts.  In your lockdown are you allowed to drive to food store or will they deliver to your home?

Thank you.

We can drive to food stores, even if they're more than 1 km from our home.

We have an Olympic pool 12 min walk from our home. I'm swimming there 5 days a week. I was hoping that, since swimming and walking on the beach is allowed, I could at least do it during the lock down.

Alas, we're not allowed to drive to the beach even if it is a mere 10 min drive from our home... Go figure 😦

There are lucky people who live closer, like the US Ambassador to Israel 😁

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

For those of you that have read my trip reports, the gal that went on our 2017 Allure trip with us, Lily, died this week. I was sent a note from a mutual friend in the middle of the night.

I am sorry to read this. 💔

This weekend is TrikeFest here in Ormond/Daytona Beach. There was an organized ride for Trikes with 70 participants. There was also a Trike Show yesterday. I was asked to be one of three Judges. It was fun being a Judge. Probably about 50 Trikes of all makes and models. I was too busy to take pictures. 

The weather has been terrible. Rain, rain, and more rain. 

Next month is Biketoberfest. Hoping weather is better. 

M8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This weekend is TrikeFest here in Ormond/Daytona Beach. There was an organized ride for Trikes with 70 participants. There was also a Trike Show yesterday. I was asked to be one of three Judges. It was fun being a Judge. Probably about 50 Trikes of all makes and models. I was too busy to take pictures. 

The weather has been terrible. Rain, rain, and more rain. 

Next month is Biketoberfest. Hoping weather is better. 

M8

After this week the only hurricane I want to see is one in a glass with an umbrella.  Next week is supposed to be rainy but not like this week.  LOL

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

After this week the only hurricane I want to see is one in a glass with an umbrella.  Next week is supposed to be rainy but not like this week.  LOL

We rode our bikes in the morning and got totally soaked. Our boots are still wet. We came home to get out of the wet clothes before the Trike show. It was nasty. Today not much better. High winds today. 

M8

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We rode our bikes in the morning and got totally soaked. Our boots are still wet. We came home to get out of the wet clothes before the Trike show. It was nasty. Today not much better. High winds today. 

M8

We are on day three of branch and leaf pick/rake up.  I am surprised we did not lose any trees.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

And RBG was such an icon and a fighter. It is very sad. 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

For those of you that have read my trip reports, the gal that went on our 2017 Allure trip with us, Lily, died this week. 

A "sad" button is thoroughly missed @Coralc and @singinalot