Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

At the same time we had some bush trimming going on between two of the farms.

We don't actually "farm" anything but live in farming country.  It's only 100 acres but it keeps a person very busy, especially with the animals.  Since the horses are gone, we let a neighbor cut the fields and bale the hay.  And this year I did a bigger garden.  Just planted the fall broccoli and cauliflower.  Every day is an adventure on a farm.  I'm not sure I could have handled the virus stuff easily if I lived in a house on a lot or in a condo.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

For you Hockey fans on here, Bolts tie series 1-1. A team from Florida in the Stanley Cup finals. 😇

M8

A few ex-NY Rangers on the Bolts. Including one of my favorites Ryan McDonagh. Might be his last chance to get his name on the Cup.  Go Bolts! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You can thank us later, especially the 14 Canadians that TB has rostered.

Game winning goal was scored by an American.  😉

In fact, 2 of the 5 goals were by Americans, only 1 by a Canadian.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yup, the league’s two most Southern teams playing in the Canadian Bubble. The NHL knew who to call upon to save the season.😉

You can thank us later, especially the 14 Canadians that TB has rostered. You do know what a puck is?😇

I actually have a official puck I caught in Denver. My hand hurt for a day.  In my prior life, I used to go to at least a few Lighting games a year. Hockey is only good in person, sitting in a corner and watching them smash up against the glass. It’s not a game meant for TV. 

Hockey played when it’s 90+ outside. Lol

IMO

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I actually have a official puck I caught in Denver. My hand hurt for a day.  In my prior life, I used to go to at least a few Lighting games a year. Hockey is only good in person, sitting in a corner and watching them smash up against the glass. It’s not a game meant for TV. 

IMO

I expect you’re unfamiliar with ‘Hello, Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland’.  Forget about TV, AM and SW radio was the way to go!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I expect you’re unfamiliar with ‘Hello, Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland’.  Forget about TV, AM and SW radio was the way to go!

You are correct. Not sure what it means. I do know this. On the Lighting games I attended, the great people around me were Canadians. Snowbirds here. Said it was a whole lot cheaper to watch a hockey game in Tampa than in their home country. 

M8

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The machine is amazing. I can’t justify buying one, but it would come in handy all year around. He is here for one more day with more work later this fall. 

Impressive.  Looks like that thing will eat whatever bush you put in front of it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Chillin this week in Santa Rosa Beach Florida in the Panhandle.  Literally...it's 70 degrees for a high today!  Loving it!  Bit cloudy and rough on the surf, but enjoyable beach walk after breakfast this morning.  Nice view to wake up to as well.  😉 

20200922_092849.jpg

Fantastic view. The only thing missing from this picture is a bucket of ice with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in it (chilling) on the table and two partially empty wine glasses. However I'm sure that's next. Cheers...🍷🍷

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice view to wake up to as well.  😉 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Fantastic view. The only thing missing from this picture is a bucket of ice with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in it (chilling) on the table and two partially empty wine glasses. However I'm sure that's next. Cheers...🍷🍷

Better yet -- the Sauvignon Blanc should be on a much higher placed table -- let's aim for deck 12??? 😁

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One more forestry weapon arrived today. LOL, I could have so much fun with this at Halloween. 

0CBFDCCB-2D47-42AE-B886-927331FAC76A.thumb.jpeg.352f6e2df4ee521cdf74daf9f5fb9be6.jpeg

What is that? And are those saw blades? Turf cutter? Please let us know what type of machinery this is? :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What is that? And are those saw blades? Turf cutter? Please let us know what type of machinery this is? :classic_biggrin:

4 saw blades. Goes about 15 feet up. Hopefully get some video tomorrow. We should have a nastier machine coming in a few weeks. 😳

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Sunrise is getting more civilized 

7:10 today

20200923_073158.thumb.jpg.26be58b1788024175c05963e21e659f1.jpg

Sure, but it’s getting dark around here shortly after 7:00 pm too.  Gawd.... once we go back to standard time the lights will be coming on at 4:00 pm in my neighbourhood.  Oh well, look ahead to next June I guess.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yes, came later in the day...this was morning picture before the "lazy boy" got out of bed.  😉 

• Like 1