Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Due to the very heavy heat, we decided for our 2nd day in Marrakech to visit the "neighborhood" (Ourika valley, the Atlas mountains as a background) from the comfort of an air-conditioned car. We arranged for a private driver, who took us for photo ops and also recommended a wonderful "al fresco" restaurant, where we lunched right by the river.

image.thumb.jpeg.b54a420cb5c96cddc7bbd219441cfcf1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a0275c548f2d9d72cb23ee9b847daa5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc7d70d912ae2bb4f1db1cea40e7784.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.495fbe58b5535a039e124591dd7a7bba.jpeg

On our 3rd and last day in Marrakech, we were lucky that the temps dropped to a "reasonable" 93F 😉 and we visited the Majorelle Garden.

The Majorelle Garden is a one-hectare botanical garden and artist's landscape garden in Marrakech, Morocco. It was created by the French Orientalist artist Jacques Majorelle over almost forty years, starting in 1923, and features a Cubist villa designed by the French architect, Paul Sinoir in the 1930s.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c903c308b81e8a45cd0dcf3252615c2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dbcdd795ddbb00f496426cbfef3793fb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eaa483ea387f2ab498c1da8e8c7edab4.jpeg

and took the opportunity to eat a traditional tajin meal at the coffe on site.

image.thumb.jpeg.33ff033a449e74132218fc58da6b76af.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Due to the very heavy heat, we decided for our 2nd day in Marrakech to visit the "neighborhood" (Ourika valley, the Atlas mountains as a background) from the comfort of an air-conditioned car. We arranged for a private driver, who took us for photo ops and also recommended a wonderful "al fresco" restaurant, where we lunched right by the river.

On our 3rd and last day in Marrakech, we were lucky that the temps dropped to a "reasonable" 93F 😉 and we visited the Majorelle Garden.

The Majorelle Garden is a one-hectare botanical garden and artist's landscape garden in Marrakech, Morocco. It was created by the French Orientalist artist Jacques Majorelle over almost forty years, starting in 1923, and features a Cubist villa designed by the French architect, Paul Sinoir in the 1930s.

Lovely photos Dani.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

❤️

Thank you! I feel like I've aged, though. 😂

I did wear a tiara that day! 😁

No kidding! It doesn't feel like it's been that long.

Thank you, you are too kind.

THANK YOU to all! I very much appreciate the well-wishes. ❤️ Brian and I met in our 30s and were just so grateful to finally find each other. We still feel that way. 

We celebrated last night at a Brazilian steakhouse in Dallas called 12 Cuts. @Tree_skier has actually been there, back when it had a different owner. It was lovely.

Your story is lovely Bethany.

Pauline was a mature looking 16 year old and I was 22 when we met and it was love at first sight for us.

45 years later and over 42 years married we both still feel the same.

Graham 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We both thought the same when we watched last night.   She looked terrified at one point then another time i thought maybe she had botox and could move her face to smile.

She definitely looked nervous and tentative in the beginning but seemed to slowly relax as time went by. One thing I forgot to mention regarding the crown fitting was that when it was modified to fit her, it was too big and slipped down to cover her entire face. And when she was entering Westminster Abby, it looked like she had some trouble with her train. Little things like that you have you nervous knowing that one little slip up while being watched by billions & the press will have a field day.

OTOH, King Charles was the epitome of chill and calm.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your story is lovely Bethany.

Pauline was a mature looking 16 year old and I was 22 when we met and it was love at first sight for us.

45 years later and over 42 years married we both still feel the same.

Graham 

Love at first sight for Toby and I .Next month will be 57 years since we got engaged.Next January we will be married 57 years.

• Like 7

I watched and really enjoyed the Netflix series about the PGA Tour called Full Swing.  It was based on the very successful Netflix series about Formula One racing called Drive to Survive.  Although I didn't know much about F1, I started watching Drive to Survive and am really enjoying it as well.  The sport of F1 is insane in every way.  Unbelievable amounts of money, crazy fast and scary driving, world famous drivers, lots of politics behind the scenes, and an incredible spectacle when racing.  The Miami Grand Prix is about to start and as you can imagine, Miami is a true spectacle with money and celebrities everywhere.  I'm looking forward to watching. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I watched and really enjoyed the Netflix series about the PGA Tour called Full Swing.  It was based on the very successful Netflix series about Formula One racing called Drive to Survive.  Although I didn't know much about F1, I started watching Drive to Survive and am really enjoying it as well.  The sport of F1 is insane in every way.  Unbelievable amounts of money, crazy fast and scary driving, world famous drivers, lots of politics behind the scenes, and an incredible spectacle when racing.  The Miami Grand Prix is about to start and as you can imagine, Miami is a true spectacle with money and celebrities everywhere.  I'm looking forward to watching. 

There was 2 formula 1 simulator cars on MSC Virtuoso 2 weeks ago.

IMG_20230427_132815.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I live near Bonnie as well as @George C. I have been to that mall several times. I can't comprehend what causes that much hate in someone's heart to randomly kill a bunch of strangers. Maybe a sick desire for fame.

Wow.

I'm so happy you and @George C were not at the mall at that time Bethany.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That may have been tempting fate, in case the three falls I was counting wasn’t right, and had to be 3 separate people. 😳. I could have been next. 

I don't get it, how to people fall so often...... 🤔  So far I have lucked out.  So far there has been someone catching me or the ship rocks the other way and I am up.  All three girls texting with Sharon has asked.... has dad fallen yet?  😆 

You can tell we are a day closer to Vancouver.   Low 60's.   Normally I would not be out in shorts with it that cool.  Today I have enjoyed it. The sun pops out for awhile and warms my feet.

20230507_094233.thumb.jpg.2055cad175fbdb6a9e599874af6961f1.jpg

View from the balcony. 

20230507_093050.thumb.jpg.6e6ab56acb3dd0d5995180bb1c855796.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I love the pics Dani.  Am I seeing wrong.  It looks like the furthest mountains in the first 2 pictures have snow on them.

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It looks like the furthest mountains in the first 2 pictures have snow on them.

Correct.

The air was much pleasant outside the city. I could have remained near the river for the whole day. It was one of our best moments in the whole trip.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Correct.

The air was much pleasant outside the city. I could have remained near the river for the whole day. It was one of our best moments in the whole trip.

On our last cruise we met and had a lovely chat at lunchtime with one of my friends and her husband from the P&O boards.

Dani @dani negreanu we would love to meet you and your DH on a cruise.

Take care and stay safe my friend.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601

Have you started anything in the garden yet?

Hi John,  Nothing yet.  I decided to wait to mid May to plant.  We had a cold spell last week so I was happy I didn't plant my seedlings yet.   

Can I borrow your Gardener Kenzie when I'm ready to plant?   Those sure were some adorable photos of her.

I have been loving your trip/ cruise photos too.  

How are you liking several sea days in a row?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi John,  Nothing yet.  I decided to wait to mid May to plant.  We had a cold spell last week so I was happy I didn't plant my seedlings yet.   

Can I borrow your Gardener Kenzie when I'm ready to plant?   Those sure were some adorable photos of her.

I have been loving your trip/ cruise photos too.  

How are you liking several sea days in a row?

I am enjoying sea days.  We have been able to catch up on our sleep.  Since we left our house we have needed to get up early for something each day.  And with the time difference it has been a challenge.   

Kenzie is super busy.  She has the flower business to keep up with too.

IMG_0469.thumb.jpg.78bc0d3538d8e75273a7e5427c74e2f1.jpg

IMG_0568.thumb.jpg.c1db3f6c8773f2acd924f2ce09cb74f0.jpg

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.e6c1921f04c0aaf45ee0bc027f8bc052.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

I hope you feel better soon Debbie.  I hate being congested.

Maybe this will help you feel better.... If it works.  I converted a .mov to mp4 using iMovie on the Mac.

I can see it but can't play it.  not sure if its ship wifi or what.  can you play it?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1