Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We did take a break for our first Dukoral dose in preparation for Mexico after Christmas. From reading on the AI’s unofficial group FB page it is not a bad idea to take. Who wants to suffer the consequences.  Never took it for a cruise but Lisa thought it would not be a bad idea to take for a week long vacation. 

Had to look that one up. Turns out it is not available in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Had to look that one up. Turns out it is not available in the U.S.

Once you know what it is for, the first few letters make it a little funny.  That said, getting what it is to prevent is no laughing matter. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Once you know what it is for, the first few letters make it a little funny.  That said, getting what it is to prevent is no laughing matter. 

Sorry  missed where you were going on vacation. Enjoy your trip and would love to see photos.

As for the preventative oral vaccine you are taking, I thought that that particular disease was wiped out long time ago. But I do understand your concern. I remember, as a very little child, being given vaccines for T and C two doses apart and they were a real pain! Was not aware that there are oral vaccines for that. The only ones I know of are the OPV.

Edited by Arzeena

29 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry  missed where you were going on vacation. Enjoy your trip and would love to see photos.

As for the preventative oral vaccine you are taking, I thought that that particular disease was wiped out long time ago. But I do understand your concern. I remember, as a very little child, being given vaccines for T and C two doses apart and they were a real pain! Was not aware that there are oral vaccines for that. The only ones I know of are the OPV.

We are headed to Mexico. We are taking it for e-coli protection. Probably would be safe without it but we’d rather pass on the experience. 🤞

• Like 9

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thursday afternoon, the call comes. I am glad they prefaced their call with “It’s good news!”  No sign of cancer.

I am so thankful for the good news!  Also great news that she will be in the clinical trials!  During the trials they will take special care of her!

The hospital where I see my Neurologist will be starting some clinical trials that I have an outside shot of being in.  My Neurologist is keeping an eye out for me.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen has been called up to the rep team, last week and again this weekend. They had 5 players each get a 5 game suspension for a line brawl against another team.  Then the next game they lost a player to a broken collarbone, so they were down from 15 to 9 players. That’s when Owen got the call.  He and Lisa signed a contract to play up, no money😉, but he does get the experience. 

The first game last week they won with 10 players VS a team with 15.  During that game another player got a 3 game suspension for a high hit.  They were leading 4-0, and a play that was just dumb. He literally played for his team, then the ice was cleaned and less than 10 minutes later he was playing for the rep team.  Owen got an assist in that game.  I will add this is the team that we, and others thought he should have made.  Those others are kids and parents that are on the team.  After these games parents have said, why isn’t Owen on our team and we just shrug our shoulders. A few of the parents have kids on both the rep and Owen’s actual team. We have no answer and yet he fits right in. 🤷‍♂️

As it stands he has already been asked to play for them on Wednesday night, and in a tournament on Friday.  After that all but two of the players will be back, so they will no longer need his help. It is good experience, and we have also said to Owen that it shows the head coach that he made the wrong decision in September.

Last night he had 2 hours between games, but we had to drive 1 hour and 10 minutes from one arena to the next one. We left home at 4:40 and didn’t get home until just after midnight. He won with the rep team first and then lost 3-0 with his team. Owen had more energy than his own team, after playing in a game where he had to double shift hours before.

Celebrating the rep win yesterday.  They scored 2 goals in the last 1:20 seconds to tie it up and then win. 10 players VS 15.  They beat the second placed team, and their team is the 5th placed team out of 13 in the division. They played great. 

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.f494d8499ae90cfbef13d01d7f2a1800.jpeg

Lisa and I had dinner from the cantina at the arena before the first game started. I had cashew chicken stir fry and Lisa had chicken satay and a salad. Have to love when arena food goes from Thai food to arena classics of burgers and fries. 

IMG_2599.thumb.jpeg.7a1edf7f6f3c441f2a2782141f28547b.jpeg

IMG_2601.thumb.jpeg.d3ac78bf602b97d06694978f7c95cc76.jpeg

Congrats to Owen. Sounds like everyone wishes he was moved up. Have fun on your cruise coming up. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, you brightened my day 🙏

Your daughter and John ( @Ozark_Kid) are always in my thoughts.

As a big bonus, glad ALL your approaching holidays plans are going ahead 😘

Talk about brightening my day, it's like the sun just dropped next to me! Reading this brings tears of joy to my eyes!  I am choked up.   How in the world can someone who is dealing with what you are going through be so loving and kind to think about me!  You are a true blessing! 

I pray that I am able to hang in there for the Bella 2 cruise. So many I want to meet in person. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The thing is, I don’t remember having a hard time sleeping when drinking that much at other times. 

If alcohol is keeping you awake then you had best rest up as you won't be getting much sleep in February.☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Talk about brightening my day, it's like the sun just dropped next to me! Reading this brings tears of joy to my eyes!  I am choked up.   How in the world can someone who is dealing with what you are going through be so loving and kind to think about me!  You are a true blessing! 

I pray that I am able to hang in there for the Bella 2 cruise. So many I want to meet in person. 

I promise to be easier to find 😌 this time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent news that she was accepted into the trial and will be under constant (and free) follow up.

Any chance she can dispute with her insurance the non-covered Cleveland Clinic tests?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@h20skibumAnother option, if your daughter's insurance doesn't provide a satisfactory explanation for the denial, is file a complaint with her state's dept of health and dept of insurance regulation. Sometimes these insurance companies are just to exasperating to deal with on your own.

One time an insurance company sent a letter saying that in their provider directory they were going to list provider social security numbers. I call them to see if this was a mistake. They said it was true. My next call was to the state attorney general's office. I explained the situation, faxed a copy of the letter, and within one hour was notified that it was all a mistake and this would not be happening.

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am so thankful for the good news!  Also great news that she will be in the clinical trials!  During the trials they will take special care of her!

The hospital where I see my Neurologist will be starting some clinical trials that I have an outside shot of being in.  My Neurologist is keeping an eye out for me.

They are in the process of appealing it now. It wouldn’t be the first time through this ordeal, and we have helped them quite a bit.  We do anything we can for our kids. 

I feel bad for others going through this that do not have the means to do what is necessary.  

• Like 23

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congrats to Owen. Sounds like everyone wishes he was moved up. Have fun on your cruise coming up. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

I believe it's a land vacation in Mexico not a cruise in less he talked about something else on another post somewhere.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It is what it is for Owen. It’s not worth dragging out the drama and politics of who makes the team, but it would be a good discussion for the Schooner Bar. 

As for Mexico, we are going to an AI south of Cancun.  It is fully refundable 14 days prior to going and we have only put down a deposit of $200 American. If you don’t show up they charge you for two nights.  It is less than half of NYE on the ship, with a room similar to Sky Class with Royal on an Oasis Class ship, but with a Butler. We booked another for NYE in Punta Cana for 2024. If we like our first stay we will keep the other and if we don’t we will cancel and get our money back.  We love to cruise but Royal on the holidays have become impossible.  

If Owen makes the rep team next year, the Silver Stick tourney is held after Christmas, so we won’t be able to go anywhere. 

• Like 10

Just got home , flight from Houston is less than a hour but was surprised they offered us a third double Bloody Mary, very unusual but we passed. Shelagh loved the tv show desperate housewives of Dallas which got cancelled a couple of years ago and one of them was seating behind us in first class, I told her just say hello and tell her how much you enjoyed the show , she said no and told me not to say anything, of course I paid no attention to her , the star was very appreciative of the compliment and thanked us . Cruise was good put wasn’t that impressed with harmony, we will most likely return to MSc yacht club for our second cruise next year either out of my favorite city New York or Florida, let me know if anyone has harmony questions. Greg I will post the medicine that stopped my feet from looking like clowns feet shortly, my size 15 feet look big enough even when not swollen.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope we read on here that you have made it into the trial.  Glad your Neurologist is keen for options for you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1