Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is slowly killing me🥴 After therapy today I went to pick him up and, we think, his blood sugar was low.  He fell outside the place but a few wonderful people got to him quickly.  He was light headed but I got him home and we treated the problem.  He seems better but I am really so tired.  Thanks for asking though!

I sure can sympathize. I've had to call 911 4 or 5 times to get my husband off the floor. Two incidents outside the home led to months of wound care. One week we had 5 doc appointments in four days; that was one of the lowest points. A dear friend of mine was caregiver for two years for her dh after a botched surgery. She told me she couldn't wait till bedtime, and she was a retired RN with years of professional experience. I miss our "normal" life but strive to count the blessings, such as being pain-free,  which is huge.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Got a letter today from the IRS we inherited some money when my mom passed at end of 2022 , but we didn’t get all the information until about a year later and needed to redo our 2022 income tax and was told we may need to pay a penalty, letter said we are fine no penalty needed 😁😁😁.

as for fainting my back took about a month to recover after hitting the floor hard . 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is slowly killing me🥴 After therapy today I went to pick him up and, we think, his blood sugar was low.  He fell outside the place but a few wonderful people got to him quickly.  He was light headed but I got him home and we treated the problem.  He seems better but I am really so tired.  Thanks for asking though!

Ahh, so sorry to hear this.  Is he staying hydrated?   Eric has been instructed over the years to drink more fluids than normal due to some meds tend to dry him out, especially when doing physical labor...yardwork, long walks, etc.

His pressure drop when he needs more fluids.

We go through alot of Gatorade or power aide in our house.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Pages 4781 and 4782 have identical posts.  2nd time I'm aware of this happening......sigh.

That's wierd they are showing as the same for you.    Their different when I just checked.

We had a bunch of computer issues today with some  Microsoft office updates.  

and Verizon office phone network was sporadically working.

On 4/16/2024 at 4:59 PM, HBE4 said:

I love some of those old John Wayne westerns. In addition to "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon", there is "Fort Apache", "Red River" and "The Searchers" that are some of my favorites, along with "True Grit", his only Oscar winning performance.

I just recently watched John Wayne's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" with Jimmy Stewart and "Stage Coach which was his breakout movie that made him a star. I had seen both before.  Amazon Prime has a 1954 movie called "The High and the Mighty" in which Wayne plays a co-pilot whose passenger plane develops engine trouble over the Pacific.  It's considered the granddaddy of disaster films, 20 years before the "Airport" series of disaster movies as well as "The Towering Inferno", "Poseidon Adventure", etc.  and serves as a template for those movies with their all-star casts.

Fun Fact:  Robert Stack plays a serious role the pilot fighting his own inner demons which he would later lampoon in the "Airplane" satire spoof movies 20 years later.

Liberty Valance is the best western of all time.  Completely gets the myth and the truth.  Hard to do.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2024 at 6:28 PM, MJSailors said:

George C- I always thought Moonstruck was filmed n Brooklyn Heights- maybe ?

helen haywood - I agree about My Fair Lady- I always liked it better than the Sound of Music. Both movies from my childhood.

Reading so many movie posts I thought of a few more-

Hitchcock- Rear Window - Raymond Burr’s character was creepy, while Grace Kelly was beautiful. Also ,North by Northwest- so much suspense !

Sally Field Movies- Murphy’s Romance, Places in the Heart and Steel Magnolias.

Mel Brooks- Young Frankenstein 

Dirty Dancing-Patrick Swayze!!!

When Harry Met Sally

Disney animated films- Snow White,Sleeping Beauty,Beauty and the Beast.

Lots of good movies !

MJ👩🏻

I am going to agree with you Alfred picks Rear Window and North by Northwest, doesn’t get better than that as far as simple suspense movies goes.

jc

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The bottom line is they have the means to accommodate all the souls on board. I'd have no problem with a raft. I would probably feel less claustrophobic. They should stop trying to scare people by implying that it would be a Titanic type situation.

Most of the rafts have an enclosed top…. Feeling better now?🤣

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never been in one of those.

Done the Hibachi on Allure?  That would be one of those.  You really need to get out more.  When are you going to sail with us?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mark, Happy ninth birthday to your granddaughter! Sounds like it will be a fun filled party🎉

Maryann, also want to see prom pictures, such fun times!!

+ 1 & prom photos & Harry Potter Party photos - if either of you wish to share afterwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am going to agree with you Alfred picks Rear Window and North by Northwest, doesn’t get better than that as far as simple suspense movies goes.

jc

I would have to add Psycho to that list 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What a crazy tribal. I don't care who goes home any longer as long as Hunter wins this game. I still cannot stand Venus.

It was one of the craziest tribals I remember!  I hope the one that caused it goes soon. 

• Like 2

Good evening.  Another beautiful day in Victoria.  Nice views for the guests on Explora4269E805-2BE5-46EF-9CD1-40543D5C5CFE.thumb.jpeg.23b9229061df3b03ef325f7f9c945f03.jpeg

We did an early morning walk to and across the Johnson Bridge then around the Harbour edge. Us Aussies were delighted to watch the otters swimming in the water. Absolutely blessed with this weather.BC4CBE2F-F9A4-420F-B0A4-9236E5155067.thumb.jpeg.5d151cecd64341df5b726b1b24b722a1.jpeg

4F4E6C3E-FDBA-4D20-90C6-621D1DB9FDDD.thumb.jpeg.299a1cfa442e3cd413c52adf1a0d754a.jpeg

FC404EAF-6D9D-47A7-BFE4-5F8283E683A5.thumb.jpeg.ceed7aa550cf29f3272a5abc36023f11.jpeg

Had a nice lunch on the patio overlooking the harbour at Spinnakers Brewpub.  Then hopped on one of the cute little harbour ferries back to The Empress Hotel.  Flowers outside the hotel look pretty in the sunshine.

E64C0CA5-8C69-42F1-820D-832F1C0F411C.thumb.jpeg.11a6d0280d4d48ab0c7b2da15488b3b2.jpeg

A6E84A15-44E1-4319-8FFF-827C24BFD236.thumb.jpeg.ca85ba45463256227f77857ce07f05ce.jpeg

We have Neil the (Elephant)  Seal getting up to lots of mischief in a Tasmanian town.  Victoria BC has Emerson the (Elephant) Seal deciding that being moved by the authorities 150km from Victoria to near Ucluelet was not appealing so he swam 30km per day for 4 days,  back to his favourite beach in Victoria and we unexpectedly met him snoozing peacefully in the sun on the beach today, letting out a few snorts much to the amusement of the kids watching from above.  

667EE408-2138-4F71-9FB4-BCC47743D11E.thumb.jpeg.a1ec1aae51d1f1656983d4765d1cf0e9.jpeg

EFB632D2-33FC-4167-8877-1F33A0E69AD4.thumb.jpeg.a9be6aa74976931fe4abbac2571767ca.jpeg

We also visited the Bug Zoo which is around the corner from our Condo.  We all found it fascinating due to the passionate staff.  I’ll spare you the photos of the Tarantulas which were my favourite.

Dinner was at the Sticky Wicket Pub.

Post dinner we strolled down to see the Parliament Buildings lit up - which is probably the only thing cruisers see on their very short time in Victoria on many itineraries.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 9th birthday to your granddaughter.

9th-birthday-27.gif

Thank you for her birthday wishes. 

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mark, Happy ninth birthday to your granddaughter! Sounds like it will be a fun filled party🎉

Maryann, also want to see prom pictures, such fun times!!

Thank you.  She is looking forward to her party. 

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@h20skibum Mark, from me too!

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

From our home too. 

Thank you for her birthday wishes. 

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter on her 9th Birthday,  That sounds like a pretty awesome birthday party that is planned for this weekend!  Have a great time!!!

Thank you.  Talked to someone last night, who will be at the party, and they are looking forward to it too.

8 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Can you detail the chocolate wand making process? I am relatively new to being a Nana, and I think that would be fun to do!

I will be working on those Friday.  I have an altered plan, so will see how it works out. Photos on Friday of how it turns out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  Another beautiful day in Victoria.  Nice views for the guests on Explora4269E805-2BE5-46EF-9CD1-40543D5C5CFE.thumb.jpeg.23b9229061df3b03ef325f7f9c945f03.jpeg

We did an early morning walk to and across the Johnson Bridge then around the Harbour edge. Us Aussies were delighted to watch the otters swimming in the water. Absolutely blessed with this weather.BC4CBE2F-F9A4-420F-B0A4-9236E5155067.thumb.jpeg.5d151cecd64341df5b726b1b24b722a1.jpeg

4F4E6C3E-FDBA-4D20-90C6-621D1DB9FDDD.thumb.jpeg.299a1cfa442e3cd413c52adf1a0d754a.jpeg

FC404EAF-6D9D-47A7-BFE4-5F8283E683A5.thumb.jpeg.ceed7aa550cf29f3272a5abc36023f11.jpeg

Had a nice lunch on the patio overlooking the harbour at Spinnakers Brewpub.  Then hopped on one of the cute little harbour ferries back to The Empress Hotel.  Flowers outside the hotel look pretty in the sunshine.

E64C0CA5-8C69-42F1-820D-832F1C0F411C.thumb.jpeg.11a6d0280d4d48ab0c7b2da15488b3b2.jpeg

A6E84A15-44E1-4319-8FFF-827C24BFD236.thumb.jpeg.ca85ba45463256227f77857ce07f05ce.jpeg

We have Neil the (Elephant)  Seal getting up to lots of mischief in a Tasmanian town.  Victoria BC has Emerson the (Elephant) Seal deciding that being moved by the authorities 150km from Victoria to near Ucluelet was not appealing so he swam 30km per day for 4 days,  back to his favourite beach in Victoria and we unexpectedly met him snoozing peacefully in the sun on the beach today, letting out a few snorts much to the amusement of the kids watching from above.  

667EE408-2138-4F71-9FB4-BCC47743D11E.thumb.jpeg.a1ec1aae51d1f1656983d4765d1cf0e9.jpeg

EFB632D2-33FC-4167-8877-1F33A0E69AD4.thumb.jpeg.a9be6aa74976931fe4abbac2571767ca.jpeg

We also visited the Bug Zoo which is around the corner from our Condo.  We all found it fascinating due to the passionate staff.  I’ll spare you the photos of the Tarantulas which were my favourite.

Dinner was at the Sticky Wicket Pub.

Post dinner we strolled down to see the Parliament Buildings lit up - which is probably the only thing cruisers see on their very short time in Victoria on many itineraries.

Beautiful photos Aussie.  I've been there once on a cruise port and Gary started his trans Canada bike ride from Victoria.  He has a good friend who lives there and who cycled the first few days into the Rockies with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Beautiful photos Aussie.  I've been there once on a cruise port and Gary started his trans Canada bike ride from Victoria.  He has a good friend who lives there and who cycled the first few days into the Rockies with him.

Cycling into the Rockies would be fab.  Gary has certainly done some great cycling rides.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Done the Hibachi on Allure?  That would be one of those.  You really need to get out more.  When are you going to sail with us?

Never done Hibachi. Do they have anything with tomato sauce and melted cheese?

• Haha 17

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was one of the craziest tribals I remember!  I hope the one that caused it goes soon. 

I hope so too. I don't know what was going on in his head.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Best wishes to you both Marrietta.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never been in one of those.

I made the mistake of following one of the Japanese restaurants on Instagram, and now I have food pictures with yum yum showing up every day.  Makes me hungry.  

I am sure there are subliminal messages in there.  

• Haha 5