Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Tonight was a night to perch on the couch and watch the women's Olympic team trials in Gymnastics.

Let me tell you Simone Biles is a very talented young lady.

She is an artist in her profession and excels beyond belief.

I cannot wait till Sunday at 8pm when I have a reason to perch on the couch again.

NBC Gymnastic Finals.

Take care 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Tonight was a night to perch on the couch and watch the women's Olympic team trials in Gymnastics.

Let me tell you Simone Biles is a very talented young lady.

She is an artist in her profession and excels beyond belief.

I cannot wait till Sunday at 8pm when I have a reason to perch on the couch again.

NBC Gymnastic Finals.

Take care 

Darn, I missed it. Totally agree about Simone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Thank you to everyone. I'll try to post when I can. Those that know me understand that me and computers don't always get along.

Joe

If you don’t want to take the time or for other reasons I completely understand it. You can always tell us about it when you get back. I have only posted 2 times before. One was about when we couldn’t undock in Coco Cay and the other was about 2 pier runners. I thought that situation was interesting because the pier runners missed their Royal ship and we were on Celebrity right across from each other. After a lot of discussions Celebrity actually let them on. Both ships were headed back to Florida. One to Miami and the other one to Fort Lauderdale. They were some lucky people.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:42 PM, IRMO12HD said:

Great pictures and story!  Is Mike a Naval aviator?

Sorry I missed this. Yes, he retired as a Navy Captain active/reserves and has been flying for AA for 21 years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sheal said:

Was it Saks 5th Avenue?  Haven't actually done any shopping in NY but that one comes to mind.

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I put on our thinking caps and even with Google help, we couldn't think of a store in that location.  We were long gone from Manhattan by that time.  The area you mentioned has lots of vintage shops. Was it a large store?  I'll continue to search.  Now I want to know!

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nordstroms? I'm not big into shopping in the city. Trying to think of stores that would do big time Christmas decorating.

Actually, Dani mentioned 16-17th street. That is pretty far down the island. Beets me.

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ross, Marshall's, Macy's?  Was it a discount store or a store that had some stuff on sale?

After a night of tossing and feeling that the store's name is on the tip of my tongue, I was sure that when I'll wake up in the morning, the answers will come flooding....

No....

But during the night I've thought of another way to search, and.... Eureka !!!

"discount fashion store between 16th and 17th NYC" successfully retrieved the answer:

LOEHMANN's....

So some of my memory still works... I vividly remembered LOE.... and 's...

Those were the days of real bargains.... I've seen shirts of a certain label at Bloomingdale's, price tag - 100$, and at Loehmann's -- same label - 10$ !!!

After Loehmann's I went on to Burlington Coat Factory, which 20 years ago had also some gems to sell... Last time I was in NYC, I couldn't find anything for me at BCF, just for grandkids...

Thank you all for trying to jog my memory 🥰

• Like 7

Afternoon everyone.

57°F cold and wet here.

I am waiting for Pauline to come out of the hairdresser's then we will probably pop along to the beach car park.

Pauline has bought a number of dresses in Dressbarn and Ross in Orlando Florida.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

57°F cold and wet here.

I am waiting for Pauline to come out of the hairdresser's then we will probably pop along to the beach car park.

Pauline has bought a number of dresses in Dressbarn and Ross in Orlando Florida.

That's the problem with staycautions in this country,  beautiful scenery and interesting history but you can't guarantee the weather even in the height of summer. 

Down in the South today its sunny and warm 😎,  a couple of days ago it was cool and overcast 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry I missed this. Yes, he retired as a Navy Captain active/reserves and has been flying for AA for 21 years.

Ugh! That's what I get for not going thru all my emails. I won't even admit how many I had to clear out, but I was responding to people who quoted me. I didn’t realize the email was from months ago until it was to late to edit/delete it. I probably responded back then and forgot to delete it. Anyone else as bad as me with all the emails from CC?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Even though it is not an RCI sailing.

Here is a thread that is being done live on Celebrity.

One of our thread friends is on this sailing.

I'll have to check it out. So great to see people sailing again.

• Like 1

One of Eric's friends just finished his sailing on Celebrity Apex of Greece this week.    He traveled with his family of 6 and stayed in their iconic suite (not cheap) but sure looks beautiful.    He said he had got a great price as he booked it when the itinerary was first released.     No covid issues that he knows of and on some cases they had to mask up when indoors but no big deal.       He said it was one of his best cruises ever and his family had a Great time.   

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Was it Kraft? My mom made Mac & Cheese with elbow macaroni with butter and velveeta . I was hooked ever since.

Yeah, It was Kraft out of the box....just prepared with that "cheese powder".  For a little kid, it was good...but the older I got...Uhh...enough of that fake stuff.  😜

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

After a night of tossing and feeling that the store's name is on the tip of my tongue, I was sure that when I'll wake up in the morning, the answers will come flooding....

No....

But during the night I've thought of another way to search, and.... Eureka !!!

"discount fashion store between 16th and 17th NYC" successfully retrieved the answer:

LOEHMANN's....

So some of my memory still works... I vividly remembered LOE.... and 's...

Those were the days of real bargains.... I've seen shirts of a certain label at Bloomingdale's, price tag - 100$, and at Loehmann's -- same label - 10$ !!!

After Loehmann's I went on to Burlington Coat Factory, which 20 years ago had also some gems to sell... Last time I was in NYC, I couldn't find anything for me at BCF, just for grandkids...

Thank you all for trying to jog my memory 🥰

OMG Jack and I are so relieved the mystery is solved!  He really got into it. Yes, you were so close with Lowe's. I remember Loehmann's dressing room.  ONE large room for everyone with mirrors around the perimeter of the store.  You really had to have lots of self confidence to try on clothes!   I actually googled almost the same but left out the word "discount".  Way to go, Dani!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yum, yummy. Kathy calls it yellow death. 

And she would be right.....what exactly IS powdered cheese?   Some preservative in it that could be stored in the bunkers next to the cases of Spam?    And Bucky just said... "next to the 1943 Sea Rats" .....that were your delicacies in Nam?"  😄 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

57°F cold and wet here.

Ross is actually great for home decor also.  I bought wall pictures, small tables, picture frames, ceramic stuff and they're great for the thin felt clothes hangers.

How far is the beach car park from where you live.  It looks like a lovely place to sit and relax.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I never had mac and cheese growing up because my grandmother always said it was poor peoples food. When I was a teen I experienced it, for the first time, at a friends house and it was love at first bite.

But I WAS poor people.  😉  And my Dad fried Spam with eggs on Sundays.  😄 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

A couple of years ago a guy broke into the St Augustine Alligator Farm to play with the alligators. He swam with them and then with the crocodiles. 
After he got out, he climbed a wall into a neighborhood backyard. The resident called the police and said “There’s a man in just shorts halfway down his butt crawling in my backyard”.

The guy didn’t even realize a crocodile had been chewing on his foot. 
He did get a year in jail, but I doubt he learned anything. 
The signs are necessary because we have a lot of Florida Man clones. 

I remember hearing about that some time ago, plus someone that broke in to steal some of them to get the skin to sell.  Lots of idiots out there.  😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I am reading Cruise Wizard's Roll Call thread for today's(7/3) Celebrity Edge cruise.  It sounds like it's the first one???  I think they cancelled the one you quoted?

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ugh! That's what I get for not going thru all my emails. I won't even admit how many I had to clear out, but I was responding to people who quoted me. I didn’t realize the email was from months ago until it was to late to edit/delete it. I probably responded back then and forgot to delete it. Anyone else as bad as me with all the emails from CC?

I never get emails from CC, not that I want any

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ross is actually great for home decor also.  I bought wall pictures, small tables, picture frames, ceramic stuff and they're great for the thin felt clothes hangers.

How far is the beach car park from where you live.  It looks like a lovely place to sit and relax.

It is a 5 miles drive from home 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

57°F cold and wet here.

You are not the only one...last day here at rental home #2...and it is like "pea soup" out there.  Cloudy, cool, damp, very foggy....61 degrees (was 53 this morning).   Good day to do laundry and start our pack up.  Leaving tomorrow for rental home #3.  Kill some time in between check in times by picking up groceries to stock the new place, lunch at favorite chowder house, and looking at a house for sale north of there on the ocean.  

My designer clothes come from LLBean.  😉 

• Like 2

Sunny day in Dallas will be 95 , still working on my tan , will join Cruise Wizard in a week, can’t wait to check on Celebrity Edge . Saw a report on Edge it was sailing with only 36 % occupancy today , not sure what the occupancy will be next week.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Had to do a "double take"....that is not a picture of Gary and Mary (Cruise Wizard).  😉 

• Like 2