Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks Delicious!

Next week we head back home from our shore house.  The only things I'm looking forward to getting home is to see how many garden, peach tree and blueberry bushes are doing.  Hopefully ready for me to pick and do some baking.

Our cat sitter neighbor has been tending to water our flowers, etc and I had set up the sprinkler timer for our garden beds.

I totally forgot to say, and see Sparky and Eva.  My neighbor says they have been on their best behavior.  

There was one afternoon they have a severe thunderstorm roll in and Sparky disappeared outside for several hours and came home soaked and scared.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Forever 21? I've never found anything there. Younger styles for smaller people. I used to really like Loehman's.  :classic_biggrin: Century 21 is a real estate company. :classic_biggrin:

One of our Sons fiance is a store mgr at forever 21.   I stopped in one day to say Hi and felt old when I left.  Did not feel like I was 21.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Humid with high moisture here now. Storm warnings right now and after last night we had 2” of rain in the gauge. 

Muggy here at the shore too.  Not much of an ocean breeze today.  Was mostly cloudy with a couple quick showers.

Went to a local flea market today and bought a couple items to take back home.  Picked up a small chest for $20 that someone painted in beachy colors figure I will put cat toys in it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Moving day is actually tomorrow morning, but indeed starting our pack up and finishing up with laundry.  Had a nice fresh Haddock sandwich (to clean out leftovers) paired of course with an SB and an ice cold Stella.  🤗

Yup, my Mom (who was one of the world's worst cooks) would feed us a lot of rice.  Her deal was plain soggy overboiled rice with butter and brown sugar heaped on a plate and served as the full dinner.  To this day I absolutely cannot stand the thought of brown sugar and rice.  Her other thing was boiled rice with green peppers and canned stewed tomatoes.  OMG...the worst!! 🤢  I was a skinny kid, thank goodness for boxed cereal and "TV" dinners or I would have starved to death!  😉 

I have never heard of rice and brown sugar together.  White rice?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

my routine day is definitely not routine today.

Nate is helping neighbors build their fences, so I went and got an overhaul on my hair this morning.61ECFC06-A574-4A27-8693-92D3A6B7B45A.thumb.jpeg.0ffbec79a043dfdde012bec69dd5aa1f.jpeg

DD426F91-579C-46D4-A0BF-080AE648271C.thumb.jpeg.0cb8cfad132d191408251753773269c1.jpeg

Ive now driven across town to the garden of the gods resort for a signature spa pedi. Back in April, my boss had gifted me a gift card and I chose to use it now.

Currently enjoying a drink before my appointment. With these views:

577D7682-8F42-47C5-861C-3D86BE54C92D.thumb.jpeg.046832e12e956c90f170ec0fa284e7a9.jpeg

02458690-4E71-49B5-9A52-41A6386214B9.thumb.jpeg.b3c5333ffa05b44bc981a9d04a2c267f.jpeg

CB0A5E82-8540-4B41-B836-87B47B152AB6.thumb.jpeg.8247b05d94e7e1da8815bda88ad95636.jpeg

IMG_5057.MOV

Your hair looks great!  Sounds like a perfect day🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

.  We went to a department store,Alexander’s, that was near Forest Hills.  

Many moons ago I loved taking the subway up to Alexander's on Fordham Rd. in the Bronx.  We also used to go to the one you referred to in Rego Park.  Great store with very affordable prices,

2 hours ago, George C said:

I worked at A&S for a few years in IT , in late 1970’s , I lived less than a mile from the Brooklyn store , so that worked out great. 

A&S was my all time favorite dept. store in downtown Brooklyn, a very short subway ride from where I grew up in lower Manhattan.  This was in the 60s. 

I've gotten great buys at Steinmart here in TX. 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Muggy here at the shore too.  Not much of an ocean breeze today.  Was mostly cloudy with a couple quick showers.

We were fogged in all day. Went for a bike ride and got caught in a 20 minute downpour.😏 Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. Hopefully the fog bank is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Many moons ago I loved taking the subway up to Alexander's on Fordham Rd. in the Bronx.  We also used to go to the one you referred to in Rego Park.  Great store with very affordable prices,

A&S was my all time favorite dept. store in downtown Brooklyn, a very short subway ride from where I grew up in lower Manhattan.  This was in the 60s. 

We’re really going to miss Stein Mart. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Warm up band tonight. 

18875D9D-862F-4E2C-98F1-D7ECA78D3761.thumb.jpeg.bac9bb35e8962b9ce38a9c38e7ea8163.jpeg

Warm up gyro. 😋 

11D84C84-4F0C-449F-9121-8C8444558E21.thumb.jpeg.a227cf12dbe8cd0537afead94277ae46.jpeg

Warm up beer.  Double yum.  

8F232042-137B-47C0-94F0-7DBBC8ADEE18.thumb.jpeg.feb7d7db5fffa77d357bbae9d147bf5a.jpeg

I am ready for the main act. 

Your at Warren Amphitheater.

We went to Avalon on old 82 in Howland for the band at the pool.

Dinner, music and a nice sunset.

Bummed Fins to the Left are not there this year. (at Amphitheater).

Be safe.  

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

In the early 90's I remember a Manhatten Mall near Penn Station. There was an A&S store there I think?

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thats what I meant. I only get my notifications when I sign into CC.

Signed in as in logged onto CC? I’m always logged on so maybe that makes a difference? I tried looking, but I don’t see where I can turn off the emails for when someone quotes me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We still get commercials for Stein Mart in Minneapolis and we never even had one!

Omg, that’s funny. That’s probably why they went out of business. If they don’t know what states have stores no telling what else they didn’t know. Do you live near the border of a state that does have them?

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never heard of rice and brown sugar together.  White rice?

We have something called rice pudding which is a dessert made with  pudding rice , sugar and milk, usually served with a dollop of jam.

Haven't had it for years, happy memories of Sunday lunch as a child 

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/a-nice-rice-pudding

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Omg, that’s funny. That’s probably why they went out of business. If they don’t know what states have stores no telling what else they didn’t know. Do you live near the border of a state that does have them?

Don't know. We used to do a lot of road trips for our antique business. I might have seen one in Iowa, maybe? Buying in a department store was not in our buying agenda.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Happy wife, happy life.😊😊

And thanks for giving business to the USA.😊

Every time we come to the US mainly Orlando Dressbarn and Ross get a lot of money from us.

She buys dresses that are not available in the UK.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Are you serious? Did she buy a suitcase too or excess baggage? Not sure savings are that great?

She only buys dresses she cannot get in the UK usually 5-10 each visit to Orlando.

I usually buy Ralph Lauren Polo shirts for myself which are a lot cheaper in the US 

Roman in the UK is her dress buying place.

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Signed in as in logged onto CC? I’m always logged on so maybe that makes a difference? I tried looking, but I don’t see where I can turn off the emails for when someone quotes me. 

I turned emails off in settings a couple of years ago.

I deleted my old email address and gave cc my new one and only receive notifications when I click on my profile.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

- click on your username (top right hand corner

- account settings

- notification settings

Adjust your preferences on;

- Mentions and my content

- Followed content

• Like 3