Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Deadliest catch was pretty emotional with the death of a crew member. Still amazed how they work on those boats with all the high seas.

I used to be really hooked on Deadliest Catch but I've sort of gotten away from it. I think I got a bit tired of the personalities of some of the captains. I wouldn't put up with some of their miserable attitudes... as if I'd be out there working on one of those boats in the first place.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wouldn't put up with some of their miserable attitudes...

I agree they make it sound as it's a miserable life but I don't think they mind getting that paycheck. Looks like most of them do pretty good for themselves. I kind of do like Mandy, Sig's daughter. She seems smart and is not afraid to do things her way.

• Like 2

Well, flight check in went smoothly, and at least the flights still say on time. Here is hoping it stays that way tomorrow morning.  But we were good Saturday morning, until that flight was canceled.  Got those good “A” boarding positions again too.  

Meanwhile, our couple of grandkids that live near ghere, got home from their Florida vacation.  Got to see them for a while.  

Our hydrangeas are starting to come out. 

CA7763BB-92AD-4C34-A9F6-C00D45ECEF44.thumb.jpeg.1cd48e435410d1df86a54fe92c89062d.jpeg

B766F807-14BE-42D5-AE81-814A40CB27B9.thumb.jpeg.f31e501c9b0b6ddc8c294ce68077013c.jpeg

And, the robins swooped in to build another nest at our house.  So we went from this, 3 days ago…

FEB56816-0A89-4BAE-8FF3-B39E8FE27F43.thumb.jpeg.df5334accdcedc971f10e5db34ff1520.jpeg

to this today!

99D122D1-985E-4FAF-9C42-8942448296DF.thumb.jpeg.8ad3aa726ec3353a8a6d5d0b864cba05.jpeg

• Like 21

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree fully. When the two of them went into the cabin on the last night she said something about if a baby happens “it’s god’s will”.  I think she should have knocked on wood.  Especially after he had the STD scare and didn’t consider using protection. A sad situation but hopefully a viewer somewhere will learn a lesson from this. 

JL is truly an idiot. First, he is scared out of his mind that he might have an STD bur not scared enough to use condoms. And she is just as much of

an idiot being so scared that JL gave her an STD but not scared enough to insist he use condoms.

Glenn should have hept the crew out of the passenger cabins. That bunch of immature brats would have been much better off.

The best part about sailing yacht is that it is over. On to the med....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I felt really uncomfortable watching all the inquiry about JL being the father. It's really none of our business. Excited for BD Med 6. I'll record and then watch on my Friday night cruisin' with cocktails.

It was uncomfortable but the two of them supplied the antics that lead up to the monment so they sort of invited us in. Since this is suppoed to be some sort of a "family" show, though that may be debatable, maybe it provided some sort of teachable moment. I sure am glad I didn't watch that at my parent's house or with kids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Well, flight check in went smoothly, and at least the flights still say on time. Here is hoping it stays that way tomorrow morning.  But we were good Saturday morning, until that flight was canceled.  Got those good “A” boarding positions again too.  

Meanwhile, our couple of grandkids that live near ghere, got home from their Florida vacation.  Got to see them for a while.  

Our hydrangeas are starting to come out. 

CA7763BB-92AD-4C34-A9F6-C00D45ECEF44.thumb.jpeg.1cd48e435410d1df86a54fe92c89062d.jpeg

B766F807-14BE-42D5-AE81-814A40CB27B9.thumb.jpeg.f31e501c9b0b6ddc8c294ce68077013c.jpeg

And, the robins swooped in to build another nest at our house.  So we went from this, 3 days ago…

FEB56816-0A89-4BAE-8FF3-B39E8FE27F43.thumb.jpeg.df5334accdcedc971f10e5db34ff1520.jpeg

to this today!

99D122D1-985E-4FAF-9C42-8942448296DF.thumb.jpeg.8ad3aa726ec3353a8a6d5d0b864cba05.jpeg

Mother Nature at her very best!! Of course with help from Ms. Robin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have I mentioned how much I hate the 2 lane highways in SC?  They just can't handle high volumes of cars.  Lots of literal stop and go on I-26 and I-95.  I was so happy to see the "Welcome to Georgia" sign and 3 lanes on I-95.  Traffic headed northbound on I-26 from Georgia into SC was backed up for miles. I felt for them.

I hate that stretch as well.  Fortunately timing wise on all ours trips south we hit it early morning so its not an issue but on the trip north after the cruise its horrible.

Nice to see that you are finally done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I hate that stretch as well.  Fortunately timing wise on all ours trips south we hit it early morning so its not an issue but on the trip north after the cruise its horrible.

Nice to see that you are finally done.

I took a few pictures.   Here’s I-26 in SC approaching I-95. Dead stopped (allowing me to safely take the pic while “driving”). 

1AB34527-5A01-4828-A653-E73111E7500E.thumb.jpeg.aea5f7cf82c989244d3d040cc5917952.jpeg

And I-95 a little south of the I-26 interchange. “Cruising” at 6 mph. 

976BB92F-D61F-439C-B597-DB7FB6BDD18B.thumb.jpeg.6a3157f2581dd2cb2fea9fb2dc892992.jpeg

And finally, here is the the line of traffic headed northbound from Georgia into SC. This is about 3 miles south of the border and the backup stretched for another couple of

miles. Ouch.  
F0339B55-AF1B-40AE-89B3-DBA367991E28.thumb.jpeg.b9fa77e1a9b6ee258deadecf25fbd72e.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 8:33 PM, cruisingpeople said:

Thank you to everyone. I'll try to post when I can. Those that know me understand that me and computers don't always get along.

Joe

I'm with you, Joe!  

Have a wonderful cruise!!🛳️

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I took a few pictures.   Here’s I-26 in SC approaching I-95. Dead stopped (allowing me to safely take the pic while “driving”). 

I was in that same mess on our way back from Florida in January.  They do need a third lane in that stretch. 

And speaking of pictures or video from the car, I came across this video today, of a drive through Vegas in 1963.  I would take any of those vehicles in the video. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Last evening it cleared here around 6PM and I decided to take a ride to Pt. Judith to get some clam cakes at Iggy's. Galilee was totally socked in with fog. Could barely see the Block Island ferry enter the harbor through the breakwater.

I'm going for a bike ride in a few minutes. The weather map better be right about no rain.🤨

Mmmmm. DH loves Iggy’s clam cakes  & chowder.  He has them for dinner many Friday nights during summer. We drive about 30 minutes each way to the Oakland Beach shop ( we’re in Coventry). Wouldn’t be much further to drive to Pt Judith and probably a nicer atmosphere.  

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:32 AM, island lady said:

Yeah, he remembers well about the betel nut, but never tried it...indeed black teeth.  It is a type of narcotic...addictive.  Of course that was one of the mildest drugs.  😮 

He "fondly" remembers going to the street vendors for fried Cicadas.  Had to pull the legs off first, or they would stick in your teeth.  😄 

I just asked Jim about the betel nut..he said the Vietnamese used to take it to help with their pain from their rotting teeth.   Jim was in the jungles, nowhere near the cities that had street vendors...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Only in person. Touch, feel and try it on.

Just to give you an example -- for years, I liked shopping at Zara.

I have Zara shirts ranging from size S to XL.... Go figure. The XL is a very nice silk shirt, which I've found in London on sale, but the only sizes left were XL. I went from branch to branch, only XL.

Me and XL??? I'm usually M, very rarely L.

As a last "resort", I've looked at the XL, pondering if it can be tailored a bit. Actually, looked not so XL. Tried it. Fitted perfectly, no corrections needed.

I could have saved me a lot of traipsing....

We’re much alike in that regard Dani. Thankfully trying on rooms are finally open at stores around here.  I’ve also been known to visit many stores looking for my size in something I love.  Since I have a sewing machine & some skills, I’ve also many times bought something too big and done a nip/tuck to make it fit.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm back, and moving day is now behind us.  Crazy, very tiring last few days.  I think I previously mentioned that we moved DD26's stuff into a storage unit since she is moving into a new apartment on July 1.  They were able to get into her new apartment on the 23rd, so we moved her stuff from the storage unit into her new apartment the day before the movers came to our house.  To recap, that was 3 different U-Haul truck rentals on June 10th, 12th, 23rd moving hide-a-bed couches, headboards, armoires, and other heavy stuff.  I'm to old for this...

The last couple of days of packing our house were a mad scramble.  We thought we had plenty of time but kept finding more stuff hidden in various nooks and crannies in our house.  We saved our kitchen for last, packing it the morning of the 24th...the same day that the movers came.  We figured that we had already made their job easier but putting the rest of the house in boxes so with their help, we should be able to pack the kitchen quickly.  They said that packing was a separate service and they were only supposed to move things from the house to the truck.  While they started moving boxes, I made a quick trip to Lowes for more boxes and bubble wrap.  Got the whole kitchen packed in a couple of hours but have no idea what went into which box.  We had a Junk King truck show up after the movers left to take away anything that was still in the house (and wasn't being left there on purpose for the buyers).  It's a little bit expensive but highly recommended if you have things in your house that you just want to disappear with no effort on your part.

We cleaned most of the house after the Junk King truck left but ran out of energy and crashed at a nearby hotel.  Up early the next day (closing day) to finish the cleaning.  We closed at noon on Saturday and then drove to Clinton, SC for another night in a hotel.  Drove the rest of the way to Florida yesterday in some of the worst traffic I've seen in a while.  Everyone in the US must have been driving south yesterday.  Have I mentioned how much I hate the 2 lane highways in SC?  They just can't handle high volumes of cars.  Lots of literal stop and go on I-26 and I-95.  I was so happy to see the "Welcome to Georgia" sign and 3 lanes on I-95.  Traffic headed northbound on I-26 from Georgia into SC was backed up for miles. I felt for them.

When we finally made it to our (now only) house in Florida, we went for fresh seafood pizza and fish tacos, a local IPA and a Sauvignon Blanc, with a view of the ocean.  We then slept for 10 hours!

Congrats on everything being finalized and all the moves completed.  Moving is truly exhausting, both physically & mentally.  Sounds like the dinner, drinks & sleep were well deserved, but what you really need is a cruise!

• Like 2

Pic of my cheeseboard from earlier today when we had an old work friend over.   I can’t explain how great it felt to actually “entertain” someone outside the family for a change!  Now I’m all .. “who can we invite next????”  

38B17A1D-C47B-41C0-BF6B-1C2149D90AC2.jpeg

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sounds like the dinner, drinks & sleep were well deserved, but what you really need is a cruise!

September 19 on Allure in a CLS!!  Less than 3 months away. Can’t remember looking forward to a cruise more than this one. 

• Like 5